Lethal's dual fpdm or MDM for GT Pumps

lgonz051

Established Member
Already bought the 60#'s, Fore Hat w/ twin GT pumps, and the adapter for the stock lines... Question is i really like lethal's dual fpdm set-up but fpdm has been on national back order for 5 months they said. Not too comfortable buying a used one after i spent so much on a new fuel system. What do you guys recommend in terms of reliability and simplicity to install through a shop?

Last edited:

Quick Strike

Established Member
What if zone-5 goes out of business?

Don't sweat it. This is a simple, durable product from a good company. It will be serviceble even if Zone 5 is not arond. It is more resistance to failure since there is only one drive module. It has some other advantages over the dual FPDM as well. I would put my money on Jr to outlive the car.

cobracide

Established Member
Don't sweat it. This is a simple, durable product from a good company. It will be serviceble even if Zone 5 is not arond. It is more resistance to failure since there is only one drive module. It has some other advantages over the dual FPDM as well. I would put my money on Jr to outlive the car.

Just curious, what advantages?

Last edited:

GodStang

Established Member
There is nothing wrong at all with dual FPDMs. I heard there are one or two GT500s running dual FPDMs just fine.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
The question still remains as to what the advantages are to the MDMjr setup. It would be great if someone could list the advantages/disadvantages of each. That would make it much easier for folks to make an intelligent decision either way.

Quick Strike

Established Member
Just curious, what advantages?

It is a less complicated, more compact system that is slightly more efficient. Also, everything here is an advantage, and the fact that a single BAP can be wired easily into the system as HP is increased (page 12 here). My pump utilzation is at 65% with GT pumps using the above system with stock fuel lines and rails at the power level in the dyno sheet attached to my signature. I have not seen a lower or even similar utilization percentage from a dual FPDM set-up at my HP level. As you know, lower utilization percentages at the pumps increase pump life expectancy and HP potential the system can supply.

GodStang

Established Member
It is a less complicated, more compact system that is slightly more efficient. Also, everything here is an advantage, and the fact that a single BAP can be wired easily into the system as HP is increased (page 12 here). My pump utilzation is at 65% with GT pumps using the above system with stock fuel lines and rails at the power level in the dyno sheet attached to my signature. I have not seen a lower or even similar utilization percentage from a dual FPDM set-up at my HP level. As you know, lower utilization percentages at the pumps increase pump life expectancy and HP potential the system can supply.

Do you believe everything you read in an ad? I am a huge fan of what Mark does and like his products but trust me the Dual FPDM is less complicated and also if you lose one FPDM you still have another to make it home. In the MDM setup you lose 1 FPDM you are on the side of the road if you lose one MDM again you are on the side of the road. I have run a MDM for 2 years now and personally have never been happy with it. That is why I am selling all my returnless stuff and going return.

Also why do either? I ran twin Aviator pumps with a BAP and upgrade FPDM and my duty cycle was in the 70% at 650rwhp. GT pumps flow more than the Aviator pumps also. Not sure why anyone would start adding more components to already a sloppy setup. More components more problems and if you look at one of the top problems with the cars it is all Returnless style issues. (bad FPDM, Bad FRPS, and PPRV hesitation are top of the lists.)

Also there is a thread on here how to build your own Dual FPDM for like $70.

Just my 2 cents after building 4 fuel systems for 1 car.

RazorGTP

Oilsands Baby!
Established Member
Do you believe everything you read in an ad? I am a huge fan of what Mark does and like his products but trust me the Dual FPDM is less complicated and also if you lose one FPDM you still have another to make it home. In the MDM setup you lose 1 FPDM you are on the side of the road if you lose one MDM again you are on the side of the road. I have run a MDM for 2 years now and personally have never been happy with it. That is why I am selling all my returnless stuff and going return.

Also why do either? I ran twin Aviator pumps with a BAP and upgrade FPDM and my duty cycle was in the 70% at 650rwhp. GT pumps flow more than the Aviator pumps also. Not sure why anyone would start adding more components to already a sloppy setup. More components more problems and if you look at one of the top problems with the cars it is all Returnless style issues. (bad FPDM, Bad FRPS, and PPRV hesitation are top of the lists.)

Also there is a thread on here how to build your own Dual FPDM for like $70.

I'm still trying to find a good how to write up for a return style on our cars.... You should do a write up while you install yours!

GodStang

Established Member
I'm still trying to find a good how to write up for a return style on our cars.... You should do a write up while you install yours!

I will. The return style's are so simple but that is what makes them so great. Simple and works great.

RazorGTP

Oilsands Baby!
Established Member
I will. The return style's are so simple but that is what makes them so great. Simple and works great.

That's what I've heard repeatedly too. You should start a build thread that can be made into a sticky in the "How To" section. From removing the old and installing the new. I really want to go this route over the winter but would love good reference as I'm sure a lot of people would. :beer:

Sorry to hijack. :beer:

GodStang

Established Member
im leaning towards the Dual fpdm's its just i dont know where i would find a fpdm.

New from Tousley Ford
Used from the Market

Again no need to run either but if you just feel like buying the parts they are very easy to find.

99riocobra

i like ice cream
Established Member
^ pretty much

my main thing with return stuff is i alway hear stories about vapor lock and what not. why wouldn't someone just run something like a dual or triple in tank pump setup? couldn't you just do that with the stock fuel tank then even?

Quick Strike

Established Member
Do you believe everything you read in an ad?

Sorry for your troubles, but my experience has been different then yours. I am supporting almost 750 HP at the wheels with this system at 65% pump utilization with no drivability issues or problems. Do as you wish (I am not selling anything), but the MDM Jr has given me no problems or issues, and I know it will be fine well above 800 RWHP when I get there.

GodStang

Established Member
My question is why for 5 or 6 years people run dual pumps with 1 FPDM and NO MDMjr and have zero problems up to around 700rwhp. All of a sudden people think to make the same power they need either an extra FPDM or an MDM jr. What am I missing?

Quick Strike your setup and the OPs setup are totally different. He is running a ported eaton and you are running a twin screw. He needs neither at this point. I agree with you over 700s than ya start looking at MDM jr or dual FPDMs then over 800s (E85) do what I do and go return style with triple pumps. I was dead set for years to keep my Returnless system. The reason I had 3 different ones. Then I saw the light and ordered the return system. Really hope you have better luck than me and continue to make good numbers with your setup.

99riocobra - that is what a lot of people do. I am running a Fore Triple return hat, triple Walboro pumps, Feed line return line, 80lbers, Fore F2 regulator. Triple relays so if one goes I still have two pumps alive. My limiting factor will the 80lbers at ~825rwhp.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread