Lets see how many...........DD

TallOkie

Guess Im a Vette guy now
Established Member
used to be my DD...but with a 45 mile commute to work its cheaper to make another car payment then put that much gas in the L

Lightningboy99

Established Member
Heh i started the thread and didnt even answer my own question but no mines my weekend toy. I drive a 95 single cab gmc sierra 5 speed to work. I will post some pics up as soon as i get um.

SurferSVT

V
Established Member
Mine is a daily driver. Since I bought it in May of 05 with 34,000 miles, I've put on about 28,000 (Od reads 62,000.) But I put the first 24,000 of those miles in the first 6-8 months for my old job. Now I take the train into the city.

I feel bad when I look down at the odometer but I keep the truck well maintained and in great shape. I figure its a truck, it should be driven. Plus, I've enjoyed driving every single one of those 28,000 miles. I can't say that for any other car I've owned.

In about 6 months, I'll start using my Cobra as the DD once it's fully fixed up. It has a brand new motor in it and a rebuilt rear.

Last edited:

BT2001SVT

I'm an Agent of CHAOS!!
Established Member
DD here too

Wishing I had a beater as a DD instead, but I bought a home not too long ago and I'm still trying to climb out of that debt. One day she'll be just for weekends and special events

bda1855

Member of the Boosted16
Established Member
If my truck wouldnt keep taking a crap i would drive it 3 days a week to work.. and all weekend...

emig5m

Hear it WHINE!
Established Member
I'd drive mine to work if I didn't have to park at a dirty, dusty, or if it's raining, muddy un-paved construction equipment yard. My drive to work is under 2 miles but I can't bear to to park it in the dirt, and also working construction I can come home very dirty so not only would the outside get ruined, but also the inside. Not to mention the kids riding their 4-Wheelers in the yard kicking up gravel hitting the cars sometimes. So it's definitely a beater for driving to and from work, but the L for everything else. So I'd say it's semi-daily driver (depends if I need to go somewhere other then work during the day.) :p

Nvr_Spds

Pushrod > 4v
Established Member
Now that i work less than 10 miles from the house, and gas prices are down to 2.57 here, shes a DD again.. 04 just recently broke 24k miles.

'01 Bolt

Close The Borders!!
Established Member
DD here for now,about 95 miles per day round trip to work and back. About to have my old Isuzu P/U back on the road again though as my DD.....

Last edited:

stmoney11

DSG Lightning
Established Member
I drive mine everyday, work, school, whatever. I hate driving in the winter, and only do so when it is absolutely necessary.

OldTimer

An Old Drag Racer
Established Member
Not mine... its the prototypical middle aged crazy toy that gets saved for the weekends or errands provided the weather is nice. I do home inspections and some sales, sometimes drive 1000 miles a week running around the Berkshires one day and then down to Glastonbury, CT another, then the same day I'm in Greenfield, MA. My Camry is 14 months old and has 23,000+ already.

But... the truck has to ear her keep, and saturday she hauled leaves, clipping, and general junk to the town dump, and sunday I drove down to NJ to pick up a Sony TV, a stand, and a ladder. She's already brought home plywood, 2X4's and other lumber items from HD... so its not that she's babied.

For real road trips we use the wife's car, an E500 4Matic Merc. Thats a great traveling car that gets 23+ on trips and still goes 0-60 in about 6 seconds or less.

Blown5pnt4

Established Member
i used to till sunday when i blew the motor. now im usin my R6 but man its cold on that thing right now. Hoping to get a 5spd Jetta to be my DD while I do the build up on the L.

ChrisNelson

* Screw the N.A.B. !! *
Established Member
This should be a new-b introduce yourselves thread... Look at all the newbs in this thread.

:lol: :lol:

Im Blown

deployed to the sandbox.
Established Member
mine is a DD/work truck, I have my own mobile detailing business...I also have a beater '92 Ranger, but rarely drive it (against my good sense) because the L is addicting, it's "my favorite damn disease":).
Besides it seems like everytime I'm in my Ranger is when a SRT10 Ram pulls up at the light next to me and wants to play, I'm just like "WTF"?

Users who are viewing this thread