Let's see those Latest Purchases!

72MachOne99GT

Established Member
Premium Member
Yeah I think I paid $60 for my sandals maybe 3 years ago, I just looked $100 now. They are good but not that good.

Yea, I hit that 3 figure number with tax. They’re super nice sandals, but it’s probably more than I should have spent.

*Jay*

Tweeker by trade
Established Member
Premium Member
Love those shoes. Very well made

Yeah I think I paid $60 for my sandals maybe 3 years ago, I just looked $100 now. They are good but not that good.

Yea, I hit that 3 figure number with tax. They’re super nice sandals, but it’s probably more than I should have spent.
You guys should try those Olu Kai $110 slippers, there wont be any going back. Absolutely worth the money, favorite house shoes I have ever had.

*edit*
Price has gone up some, looks like 130 now.

ur bittn

By the snake
Established Member
You guys should try those Olu Kai $110 slippers, there wont be any going back. Absolutely worth the money, favorite house shoes I have ever had.

*edit*
Price has gone up some, looks like 130 now.
Yes! That’s what started the conversation, I ordered these. My second pair, first pair are 3 years old and going strong.
IMG_4661.png

*Jay*

Tweeker by trade
Established Member
Premium Member
Yes! That’s what started the conversation, I ordered these. My second pair, first pair are 3 years old and going strong.
View attachment 1831896
Thought they were different because of the 2 tone sole, going to pack an old pair up in my DD "get home bag" right next to my gotetex rain gear. Just in case of an extreme comfort emergency.

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
Never posted these. Installed just before New Years. Might have been the 30th actually.

Standing seam on the house and garage. Exposure fastener on the barn and attachment.

Absolutely ridiculous price on this shit. I paid right about the middle of 4-5 estimates.

(I need to power wash the garage, I know)

View attachment 1831855View attachment 1831856View attachment 1831857
Metal is extremely popular here, but insane prices, especially since that last hurricane. I did a new roof in Jan 2022, but went with 50 year shingles. Had I been 20 years younger, metal all day. Take the advertised life and cut it in half here due to the elements/sun. In other words, a 50 year roof will last 25.

BrunotheBoxer

PUREBLOOD MASTERRACE
Established Member
Born and raised Brockton. Living in Naples.
IMG_4252.png
IMG_4251.png
Yeah I’m a huge fan of Olu Kai too.

All I wear are flip flops and sneakers and all I own for flip flops is OluKai and for sneakers now I only wear OnCloud. That’s it.

Bought these this week love them both.

The Whites are literally my dress shoes. That’s all I own to go to a fancy place besides leather OluKai flip flops. If that’s not good enough then I’m not going.

The purple are for the gym only.
Yes. Please go ahead and crucify me on the color. I can take it but I have enough black and White sneakers and wanted some color. ;)

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
Metal is extremely popular here, but insane prices, especially since that last hurricane. I did a new roof in Jan 2022, but went with 50 year shingles. Had I been 20 years younger, metal all day. Take the advertised life and cut it in half here due to the elements/sun. In other words, a 50 year roof will last 25.

the interesting part of that is insurance companies dont seem to give a shit. They want a roof no more than either 15 or 20 yrs old depending on who you talk to. I feel like they might respond differently to a metal roof. Id be curious to see if they give you that 25yrs on 50yr shingles. I have 30yr on mine.

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
the interesting part of that is insurance companies dont seem to give a shit. They want a roof no more than either 15 or 20 yrs old depending on who you talk to. I feel like they might respond differently to a metal roof. Id be curious to see if they give you that 25yrs on 50yr shingles. I have 30yr on mine.
They just look at the year the house was built anymore Jerry. Like I said in another thread. My house built in 90-91, worth around $500K, but completely updated with electric roll down, accordion shutters, new style and new code installed soffits. new roof and strapped trusses costs more to insure than a house built last year worth $850K.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
They just look at the year the house was built anymore Jerry. Like I said in another thread. My house built in 90-91, worth around $500K, but completely updated with electric roll down, accordion shutters, new style and new code installed soffits. new roof and strapped trusses costs more to insure than a house built last year worth $850K.

ya I get that, I started getting shit about the age of my roof. Before this it was done by members of the guy's church - looks like maybe no paperwork was pulled, couldnt get the age of the roof with proof. One insurance company quoted me but then declined to offer the policy because the roof was over 15yrs old. The last insurance company I had said if I didn't replace the roof within 2 years they would cancel me. I got the new roof last year and started shopping around and several companies had guidelines for the roof that included them requiring replacement at 20years.

kazman

King of Kazmania
Established Member
Premium Member
I got "the" letter from my insurance company last month. New roof or no coverage next year. 18 years on a 30 year architectural shingle roof.
Insurance in this state is out of control. Something's gotta give.

*Jay*

Tweeker by trade
Established Member
Premium Member
I got "the" letter from my insurance company last month. New roof or no coverage next year. 18 years on a 30 year architectural shingle roof.
Insurance in this state is out of control. Something's gotta give.
Which state is kazmania exactly, dont want to assume.

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
I swear to Christ, if someone starts a sandal thread….

I’ll probably buy whatever you ****ers suggest.

I'm a flip-flops guy. Sanuk are the best I've ever had. Super comfy. I can wear them walking in the woods with the dog, to the beach, anywhere. My feet never slip around in them.

Blown 89

Established Member
Finished plumbing my deionized wash cart.
Active ve52 pressure washer
uberflex hose
McKillans gun
Prefilters
Mixed resin canister
MJJC Foam canon
Quick disconnects on every hose on the house
Carbon and sediment prefilters

Now everything I need is onboard and can be hooked up fast via quick disconnects. Two valves bypass the filtration system for the foam and wash. Routing through the filters during the rinse removes 100% of the minerals so I can let it dry in the sun. Since the water dries without any residue or spots there's no need to clean the windows afterward and water running out the cracks and crevasses doesn't leave water spots. Wheel out, wash, wheel back in. Spotless rinsing makes washing the RV a piece of cake
1000000363.jpg
1000000350.jpg

SHIFTYBUSINESS

Established Member
uberflex hose
McKillans gun
Prefilters
Mixed resin canister
MJJC Foam canon

Now everything I need is onboard and can be hooked up fast via quick disconnects. Two valves bypass the filtration system for the foam and wash. Routing through the filters during the rinse removes 100% of the minerals so I can let it dry in the sun. Since the water dries without any residue or spots there's no need to clean the windows afterward and water running out the cracks and crevasses doesn't leave water spots. Wheel out, wash, wheel back in. Spotless rinsing makes washing the RV a piece of cake
View attachment 1832269View attachment 1832270
That's a setup! Filters for the rinse to eliminate water spots sound good.

PhoenixM3

Hello Kitty Slayer
Established Member
Premium Member
uberflex hose
McKillans gun
Prefilters
Mixed resin canister
MJJC Foam canon

View attachment 1832269View attachment 1832270
Now that I can see spending some money on! Very cool.

Users who are viewing this thread