Lets see those rear seat deletes

whoareyou

Established Member
Does anyone with a rear seat delete have young children? I'm thinking it would make fitting a child seat back there a little easier. I would just have to cut some slots in it to pass the LATCH belts through.

Modular Racing

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Does anyone with a rear seat delete have young children? I'm thinking it would make fitting a child seat back there a little easier. I would just have to cut some slots in it to pass the LATCH belts through.

No suggested in any way - keep the stock seats and keep the little ones safe - the RSD kits are not designed for child seats.

drkmrkiv

Established Member
The three rear seat delete options I see are:

Carbon Fiber rear seat delete mold from TruFiber, which is about 800-1500 dollars.
Carpeted bench which is about 100-200 dollars.
FRPP molded carpet and allows the use of X-brace.

Any others? My favorite is the FRPP, but it is very expensive. Any one know of vendors that can sell them cheaper? Any other options out there? The trufiber is certainly a contender as far as the seat kits I'd like to use. I'd like to run the FRPP X-brace as well.

corysmach1

Established Member
How much does the MMR seat delete kit weigh? Just curious because obviously your adding weight to the car after pulling the seats out.....but it looks amazing.

drkmrkiv

Established Member
Here is another option:

Aluminum Engine Bay Panels, Rear Seat Deletes, Door Panels, and more for your Mustang

Aluminum rear seat delete kit. Light weight, light gauge aluminum rear paneling. Personally, I'd like to get this and anodize it a different color or just powder coat it. I feel like the bare surface would reflect the sun light too much (for a dd).

Here are some pictures:

S197rearseat002_zps6f4179cc.jpg

S197rearseatdelete005_zps720761a8.jpg

I am not familiar with the MMR rear seat delete kit. I will look for it now and see what the specs are and how it looks. *Edit* MMR claims it saves up to 40 pounds over the stock rear seat, according to their website. It looks like a typical MDF board covered in carpet. I like the look of the FRPP rear seat that contours the lines of the rear seats and has the molded extrusions that accommodate the X-brace

Last edited:

UnleashedBeast

Engine Lubrication Guru
Established Member
If it were me, I'd take the plunge for the Laguna Seca rear seat delete. It looks the best (OEM), however.....the price and truck freight only stalled me from buying.

drkmrkiv

Established Member
If it were me, I'd take the plunge for the Laguna Seca rear seat delete. It looks the best (OEM), however.....the price and truck freight only stalled me from buying.

Same here. I love the OEM look. However, it is aggressive enough but still muted. It does scream race car and is function both in (minor) weight reduction and allows for a clean look coupled with the X-brace.

Another thought: would there be any benefit to removing the sound deadening material and then spraying a light coat of sound deadening "paint" or whatever that product is called? I know I'd be adding a little weight back on by spraying it, but it gives me a cheap project to do and my car is first a DD and second a track car (albeit, in mild form).

turbosha

stirring the pot since'74
Established Member
I pulled my spare tire , jack, carpet, and rear seat assembly. I noticed some noise. sounds like the brakes or something. it is kinda loud too. anyone else run around with everything out?

Gpcalero

Cuz Racecar
Established Member
I pulled my spare tire , jack, carpet, and rear seat assembly. I noticed some noise. sounds like the brakes or something. it is kinda loud too. anyone else run around with everything out?

I took the rear bottoms out and folded the tops down so it doesn't look like bare metal everywhere. The rear seats actually muffle some of the suspension creak so when you take them out, you'll hear your exhaust and suspension a bit more, but not that bad at all.

Users who are viewing this thread