License plate frame

X3FBrian

Established Member
So my license plate is rubbing the paint on my car and I want to hide that, I can't for the life of me find an acceptable license plate frame. Please post yours and where you got it.

I searched for this and got a bunch of old results with nothing but dead links.

Comp281

Established Member
I just take a crappy black plastic one, turn it around and put it behind the plate as a buffer between the two. It works great. You barely see a thin black border around the plate.

Someone else asked this question recently and I made this quick clip to show what I do. It's simple and seems stupid, but it's exactly what I want.

http://youtu.be/tVZyRo4su-c

Last edited:

Goose17

I have a major ego, and need attention.
Established Member
IMG_3016_zpsa84c4c08.jpg

There are a few online sites that allow you to create your own. I went with chrome to match the wheels.

c6zhombre

E85 NutSwinger
Established Member
You can just use some thin rubber washers to space it away and not have a problem at all. I had a very nice frame that I removed because it covered up too much of my Texas personalized plate. This plate is too awesome to cover any of it up. I've had the car up to 140 many times and there is no rubbing or bouncing whatsoever.

IMG_0945.JPG

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Using rubber washers is the best option IMO. I used rubber washers on my own plate. Worked fine. I guess you could also put a thin dab of silicone sealer along the corner on the back of the plate. That would prevent any metal/plastic to paint contact.

Montana

Ford and Mopar Guy
Established Member
I get some generic weatherstrip with one sticky side and stick it to the back of the plate in a couple spots. Always keeps the plate off of the car.

redrocket16

Established Member
You can just use some thin rubber washers to space it away and not have a problem at all. I had a very nice frame that I removed because it covered up too much of my Texas personalized plate. This plate is too awesome to cover any of it up. I've had the car up to 140 many times and there is no rubbing or bouncing whatsoever.

IMG_0945.JPG

If you ever feel like selling that plate I would def be interested :)

Users who are viewing this thread