Life decision $

SVT BLACKOUT

THE BATRUCK
Established Member
I am currently 18 really wanting to get a job but i help out my uncle he really needs me but as a secretary and every day i cant wait for the day to end its a mechanic/smog shop and i want to learn more about cars but they cant afford the time to really teach me yeah ofcourse i get a little elbow grease every once in a while but its not the same and I want more money and that job is 8-6 pm mon- fri 8-2 sat so my life revolves around the shop but the catch is that i have several plans to do to my truck and they are always willing to help me get it done but need money for parts and i dont know how that will be when later i have a job and i want to recharge my AC or shocks and traction bars but the thing is he actually told me about that job but said if i wanted to make more money but said i still need you but if u want blah blah blah but i have a broken arm from falling off a motorcycle on the street and my arm will be healed around the time the shop will be closed from vacation time and was thinking about just getting the job when he is on vacation

Im typing with 1 hand leave me alone lol

oldmodman

Established Member
Quit.

Go to college.

Then if possible go to graduate school.

The better your education, the more chances you will have at better paying jobs will opening up.

Mexicans will take all the lower paying, entry level mechanics jobs in the future.

05slvrgt

Real bits of panther.
Established Member
............. Use these.

However, oldmodman is right. A high school diploma or GED isn't worth the paper it is printed on. Get a college education in a field that will open lots of employment doors (engineering, not 12th century French poetry or the likes).

svtcop

Pain Don't Hurt
Established Member
Wow! That was the longest sentence I've ever seen

There wasn't a single period in that whole jumble of words/non-words.

My recommendation is that you redo elementary school. Then update this thread and we will re-evaluate.

cbr repsol

Established Member
Imo u dont make much money unless u own your own shop. Not saying u cant make decent money at a dealer and making incentive with flag rate. Honestly u are kind of late in the game if your not doing or know too much at this point in your life. I was building motors by the time I was 14. Learing from there just got easier and easier. I was actually smart and got a regular job in distribution that actually pays very well. I do mechanical work on the side for extra money and focus on my own stuff.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
You're obviously not happy with the job you have. If you love mechanical work then consider a good trade school and then try to get a job with a good shop with growth potential. Other than that, as recommended by others, go to college and get a good degree. But if you do, choose a major that you will be happy with once you get out into the work force. Don't make the mistake picking a major just for the money. Loving the work you do/job you have is usually worth more than the extra money you might make in another field of study. JMO.

Fuerza

Established Member
LOL at the comments. In all seriousness, you need to go to a trade school. Dealership apprentice programs are something I would consider too.

1QUICK10TH

Just A GT
Established Member
If you have half a brain in your head you will run from the automotive industry. Do yourself a favor, just take my advice.

SNCBOOM

Established Member
Figure out what you enjoy doing and pursue that through an internship or education. Of course, all of that is easier said than done.

swiseuf

Established Member
I am currently 18 really wanting to get a job but i help out my uncle he really needs me but as a secretary and every day i cant wait for the day to end its a mechanic/smog shop and i want to learn more about cars but they cant afford the time to really teach me yeah ofcourse i get a little elbow grease every once in a while but its not the same and I want more money and that job is 8-6 pm mon- fri 8-2 sat so my life revolves around the shop but the catch is that i have several plans to do to my truck and they are always willing to help me get it done but need money for parts and i dont know how that will be when later i have a job and i want to recharge my AC or shocks and traction bars but the thing is he actually told me about that job but said if i wanted to make more money but said i still need you but if u want blah blah blah but i have a broken arm from falling off a motorcycle on the street and my arm will be healed around the time the shop will be closed from vacation time and was thinking about just getting the job when he is on vacation

Im typing with 1 hand leave me alone lol

First lesson: Do not look to public forums for pivotal career decisions.

Users who are viewing this thread