Lightning vs Joe Gibbs

bmfgsxr

Established Member
mc01svt said:
link please.

Whats the secret to sub 2sec 60fts on the stock f1s without lowering shackles/traction bars.?

My f1s would spin if I even looked at them wrong :rollseyes and thats with the stock pulley :dw:

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?t=329578

track prep is key as was already mentioned.. but also what most people do is keep the revs about 1200rpms at the line and when the light goes you need to get the truck moving with partial throttle and then roll into the pedal smoothly and quickly. basically you just cant put your foot through the floor. you got to get the truck rolling and acclerate as quickly as possible without spinning.. i havent been to the track yet, but i practice these starts every so often on the street.

Derek@Amazon

RTCTTFMF!!!
Established Member
mc01svt said:
link please.

Whats the secret to sub 2sec 60fts on the stock f1s without lowering shackles/traction bars.?

My f1s would spin if I even looked at them wrong :rollseyes and thats with the stock pulley :dw:

i cut a 1.91 and a buddy of mine did 1.88...

friend of mine with a fully built truck is cutting 1.70's on F1's

Dusten

Established Member
Cuckoo Bananas said:
How about getting an L into the 9's on 1/4 mile?
Turbo's, or boost and nitrous, built motor, suspension, tranny. Same thing it takes to get any rig in the nines. Other than a bike

Dusten

Established Member
i said boost and nitrous. Fuzzie is running low 10's without nitrous, i am sure there are others.

BC Lightning

Project Panty Dropper
Established Member
Cuckoo Bananas said:
Could 9 second L be made with an upgrade supercharger system?

you might want to sart crwaling before you start running. I've spent major bucks and haven't hit a 10 sec pass yet, I'm re-doing my entire suspension now

CHIZ

GeoMetros worse nightmare
Established Member
when i first got my truck, i was like....ah it's ok. well, my dad and i went to hub city that weekend just to see. well, bone ass stock, down to the filter 1.9 60' 13.4 @102, not once, but 4 times in a row. while i was there, wooped up on a trans-am 3 times, and a s/c impala.

the only time i've just had my ass handed to me was against 96 viper, when i was stock (not that it would even matter now).

chiz

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
BC Lightning said:
you might want to sart crwaling before you start running. I've spent major bucks and haven't hit a 10 sec pass yet, I'm re-doing my entire suspension now

With the mods in your sig you should be in the 10's easy.

assasyn

Established Member
mc01svt said:
I disagree, I still say most will need a CAI and a decent dyno tune before they con honestly say they have a 12sec truck. I love my L but its not a cobra.

Is there anyone on the board running 12's w/out a CAI and/or drag radials? :??:
Me.

BC Lightning

Project Panty Dropper
Established Member
Sinister04L said:
With the mods in your sig you should be in the 10's easy.

Well I havent been able to race it because I'm still needing a good tune and figure out why its not running right, I've ordered all new coil packs to see if that fixes t, and change the plugs as well

203Cree

Established Member
mc01svt said:
link please.

Modded I cut 1.8's on Hankooks, which are by far not nearly as sticky as the F1's. You need at least Trac. Bars to hit a sub 2 safely. After that, it's all in how much you heat them. Click on my name in my sig and watch the vid posted on my Myspace page. That was a 1.88 .60 on that one, mostly because I mashed it too hard out of the hole.

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
BC Lightning said:
Well I havent been able to race it because I'm still needing a good tune and figure out why its not running right, I've ordered all new coil packs to see if that fixes t, and change the plugs as well

A good tune is the key. Good luck with it! :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread