Looking to get into a CTFP GT500 but ADM?

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
The 22 GT500 in grabber blue CFTP I almost bought starting at 102k MSRP plus a 40k ADM, today they dropped it down to 13k over sticker. I was seriously thinking about calling them today and seeing if they would sell it to me at MSRP, but I can't let my 14 go.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220813-094120_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20220813-094120_Facebook.jpg
    200.3 KB · Views: 96

fearthesnake

Established Member
The 22 GT500 in grabber blue CFTP I almost bought starting at 102k MSRP plus a 40k ADM, today they dropped it down to 13k over sticker. I was seriously thinking about calling them today and seeing if they would sell it to me at MSRP, but I can't let my 14 go.
Just get into a low mileage 2020 for $85K and have both. Those deals are out there now.

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
I’ll give them $15k and my 800mi green ‘22. :)
-J

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
Just get into a low mileage 2020 for $85K and have both. Those deals are out there now.
That's the plan, and I might be picking up a 04 Gen3 viper soon for a stupid good deal. I'll keep that awhile and flip it and than find a low mileage 21 GT500 in velocity blue, that color is hands down my favorite.
I’ll give them $15k and my 800mi green ‘22. :)
-J
Call them up, it's Robert Horne Ford in Apache Junction, they're starting to get desperate. They called me again today and told me 7k over stick and I trade mine in. It's tempting, but I turned them down.

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
I’m hoping my CFTP HE order is picked up this week.
I also had a lead on a purple CFTP.
I still may call though.
It’s not tgat I don’t love my green ‘22 it’s just that I’ve always had a hard on for those exposed carbon wheels :)
If not HE, I’d do a toss up with eruption green, mischievous purple or grabber blue on a ‘regular’ CFTP :)
-J

fearthesnake

Established Member
Velocity Blue is very pretty in person. Love it with Black stripes. Dan at Pro Dyno has one and its gorgeous.
That's the plan, and I might be picking up a 04 Gen3 viper soon for a stupid good deal. I'll keep that awhile and flip it and than find a low mileage 21 GT500 in velocity blue, that color is hands down my favorite.

Call them up, it's Robert Horne Ford in Apache Junction, they're starting to get desperate. They called me again today and told me 7k over stick and I trade mine in. It's tempting, but I turned them down.

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
Velocity Blue is very pretty in person. Love it with Black stripes. Dan at Pro Dyno has one and its gorgeous.
Velocity blue is right there with sonic blue, I wish that color was offered on the 13/14s but not a big deal, DIB still looks great in the sun.

1FASFKR

Established Member
I’m hoping my CFTP HE order is picked up this week.
I also had a lead on a purple CFTP.
I still may call though.
It’s not tgat I don’t love my green ‘22 it’s just that I’ve always had a hard on for those exposed carbon wheels :)
If not HE, I’d do a toss up with eruption green, mischievous purple or grabber blue on a ‘regular’ CFTP :)
-J

CF wheels are a blessing...and a curse. Such a huge part of what makes an R an R and what makes a CFTP 500 a CFTP 500. Unfortunately daily use of the CF wheels exposes them to daily wear and tear damage. As you know they are not cheap. I changed out the R wheels but it just didn't feel the same obviously so I swapped back. I'm honestly relieved that I won't have to care for them and the wing every time I take my new Base 500 out.

Last edited:

Ke1130

Established Member
A heritage edition just listed on BAT it will be interesting to see where the market is for them.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Corvette prices are dropping, pricing always drops in the Fall, might be some deals later on.

Different.

Compare it to the upcoming Z06.

Production number of the CFTPs coupled with the market, they won't will ever normally sell for MSRP.

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
Different.

Compare it to the upcoming Z06.

Production number of the CFTPs coupled with the market, they won't will ever normally sell for MSRP.

I can see your point but think the Corvette Z06 has more halo cred than the Mustang. It depends on what the economy does this Fall and Winter.

germansheperd

2022 GT500 Carbon Fiber Track Pack
Established Member
I can see your point but think the Corvette Z06 has more halo cred than the Mustang. It depends on what the economy does this Fall and Winter.
Can be worded this way: The Shelby GT500 has more halo cred than the Corvette.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Maybe cachet would be a better word.

Eh I don't know.

I still think if you look at supply:demand comparing the Z06 and the GT500 CFTP, you'll see the scales tipping to the GT500 holding their sales prices better.

LexusGSF

Established Member
I'm slightly leaning toward willing to pay over MSRP. Theres a 2022 at a dealership near me (I'm in DC area) for 25k over MSRP, has been there for a month from my observation.

What should I negotiate in regards to ADM? Is $5k reasonable or should I stick to my guns and wait till dealers list at MSRP?

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I'm slightly leaning toward willing to pay over MSRP. Theres a 2022 at a dealership near me (I'm in DC area) for 25k over MSRP, has been there for a month from my observation.

What should I negotiate in regards to ADM? Is $5k reasonable or should I stick to my guns and wait till dealers list at MSRP?

There won't be any left when they get to MSRP.

I bet on average they'll sell for $7-9k over.

LexusGSF

Established Member
I just came back from a dealership, they have a blue 2022 CTFP and I offered $10k over MSRP the manager literally flat out shook my hand and said thanks for my time.

I just left after the habdshake. Im guessing they’re sticking to their 25k adm. they have a heritage thrre for 30k adm as well. Guess I gotta try another dealership?

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I just came back from a dealership, they have a blue 2022 CTFP and I offered $10k over MSRP the manager literally flat out shook my hand and said thanks for my time.

I just left after the habdshake. Im guessing they’re sticking to their 25k adm. they have a heritage thrre for 30k adm as well. Guess I gotta try another dealership?

Guess so.

I wouldn't sell my Heritage for $30k over haha I love it.

Toy Barn has a 'used' Heritage for $171k haha

Users who are viewing this thread