Looking to get into a CTFP GT500 but ADM?

Ninjak

Posting from The Shadow's
Established Member
I found it at Autonation Ford of Miami Not a lot of pics, its been raining.

wtpN6HtMrtB8poW1TXL6iMtFy6NIja38IzsQMsjX9eFAFMEBtCLQmp0HTZ895ld7LK7B2Bn6Owc-55BR8Hx_2gT-4auHcbaitbURK2Yuymyy8nVjr_-LhYRAN5AG-h7m-kleJl_YCtiIGsDeZU_ImA4nEB06Zdc4VYY1JsSGQqohz6zesThWMid1n0WXMcRAsok70U8Bf_MTWclBTtxtTxS2WyrGsDUFTwBYHkTJz8dK8Mq7_2-Uo50ZS3Wd1Zr49iAQCw2lYpcYWP3LxqlqHzOMqltBv3NYMxz2TP80SThs_seS0hXBa8oiYZVgRH6eM5j74LU5enxHwDHxCUTSRrSU9_-xDoFOcRzw4Pyls4gD60Ivu8Zt32GoKgon55xeyqGhX6d_6DjKJODlfquGmas0iC3gpf--cEzvoPrGngv0y56miBr1CTmRlJ8nx3jOy_t-YKmpPoHdRUIIrxGnsQJZCjJnLbJbk0chYmoGfyj7Ihl3cju24eDCdwGWI0bSNhXcMTv1pUTQdo9sbRXet-g5sn_3KvANOL4rx6KOGtVZ-ahEQTurAUpOt3w9FPNHgqq9L23WU2Wxc6R-PR_X7T8ZLGvPbJLLvIuMpPunNpwOylkMFf9OlYudFiUf_ASy4jlwqfIRo5NsyG7WHeKAxsUzulNX-3E4ylYCUbEMkQvl0YGT7n-MuQAeWhZa2wiTh0aCf66ErAb1ofwRxU1GvJDs3Q=w1630-h1223-no

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Anyone that pays ADM is stupid. If no one would pay it dealers would stop adding it on.

The number of times I've read that exact phrase...haha

Say there are 5000 of a particular vehicle made. There are DEFINITELY 5000 people willing to pay a borderline infinite amount of money to have one, period.

The same thing works backwards. I have a GT500 that will be here in a few weeks. I could sell it and make a pretty good ROI on it, BUT I want it. You could offer me a significant amount of MSRP, and I wouldn't sell it.

Bullitt1448

Established Member
@13COBRA
You are correct, lots of folks “just gotta have it”
Personally I would never pay ADM but that’s just me. Could I afford too? Sure but I won’t. There are those that see it as a cost of getting what they want, Personally I have never wanted a vehicle that bad. There are still lots of options out there but if someone really needs that 2022 GT500 badly enough to pay ADM, it’s their money. I just think that the instant gratification is not worth the additional cost of the dealer being greedy.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
@13COBRA
You are correct, lots of folks “just gotta have it”
Personally I would never pay ADM but that’s just me. Could I afford too? Sure but I won’t. There are those that see it as a cost of getting what they want, Personally I have never wanted a vehicle that bad. There are still lots of options out there but if someone really needs that 2022 GT500 badly enough to pay ADM, it’s their money. I just think that the instant gratification is not worth the additional cost of the dealer being greedy.

If you were worth $50mil, and you wanted one, would you pay an additional $10k to get one?

Bullitt1448

Established Member
To be 100% honest, I don’t know. I want to say no because of the principle. I don’t have 50M so it is a question that I can’t answer. I buy new cars as drivers, toy cars have always been older. Do I pay more for older iron than what the MRSP was originally?. For sure I do but I also don’t lose money on them when I sell them either

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
To be 100% honest, I don’t know. I want to say no because of the principle. I don’t have 50M so it is a question that I can’t answer. I buy new cars as drivers, toy cars have always been older. Do I pay more for older iron than what the MRSP was originally?. For sure I do but I also don’t lose money on them when I sell them either

You would, I promise.

Bullitt1448

Established Member
I would hope that if I had 50M that I could build a relationship with a dealer and get whatever I wanted to buy at MRSP, as you well know Nick, business relationships are important, I would prefer to deal with one dealership and get an honest unit for an honest price. Something like a GT500 I’d a toy car, odds are the folks that have one don’t use it as a daily and probably have at least a couple of drivers too

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I would hope that if I had 50M that I could build a relationship with a dealer and get whatever I wanted to buy at MRSP, as you well know Nick, business relationships are important, I would prefer to deal with one dealership and get an honest unit for an honest price. Something like a GT500 I’d a toy car, odds are the folks that have one don’t use it as a daily and probably have at least a couple of drivers too

I agree. That's why I don't mark mine up and sell out in minutes.

Bullitt1448

Established Member
Seems we are pretty much on the same page Nick, I think that is the best way to do business and from what I have heard you are a great dealer to do business with

Last edited:

LexusGSF

Established Member
Thanks for the responses, I guess a GT500 is out of the question for me. Seeing how every new GT500 I see on auto trader still has a 20k ADM.

Me and wife make a year about 4-5x the MSRP of a GT500 (Mostly wife who is dr.) and I'd have a hard time paying even a dollar over ADM...

Thanks all

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
Thanks for the responses, I guess a GT500 is out of the question for me. Seeing how every new GT500 I see on auto trader still has a 20k ADM.

Me and wife make a year about 4-5x the MSRP of a GT500 (Mostly wife who is dr.) and I'd have a hard time paying even a dollar over ADM...

Thanks all

Corvette prices are dropping, pricing always drops in the Fall, might be some deals later on.

TFStang

Established Member
I’m currently looking for a CFTP Heritage. If you want to be shocked and amazed with the ADM, you should check those out. I did find one at $5K over, but it sold quicker than I was able to get to it. Search goes on…..

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
I’m currently looking for a CFTP Heritage. If you want to be shocked and amazed with the ADM, you should check those out. I did find one at $5K over, but it sold quicker than I was able to get to it. Search goes on…..
This.
They are out there.
But coming onto the forum to complain about it ain’t helping the cause.
-J

Users who are viewing this thread