Lower control arms ?

RI GT500

Established Member
What are the best lower control arms for a 80% street car? The car is an 07 and it's going to have about 700rwhp. Thanks for any sugestions

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
We sell Metco's which I run on my own 04 solid axle Terminator. Metco will build to suit your driving needs and noise levels with their bushing types and where they place them. Different bushing types in different applications.

Now we also sell Maximum Motorsports if you would like a quote on either we'd love to put our excellent customer service to work for you. We got set up with them over a week ago.:thumbsup:

fullboogie

Established Member
You don't necessarily need adjustable lowers, particularly if you have an adjustable upper.

GT500RedStripe

More Power!
Established Member
If you want to change the angle for the lowers to get a better bite you use the relocation brackets. You need to be able to change the length of the LCA when you change the LCA angle.

Steve@BAS

Established Member
Bob's are not adjustable.

No, they are not, but he is 80% street. If he wants something worry free, solid is a great choice, not to mention it will be quieter, and add some cool machined parts to look at.

Last edited:

RI GT500

Established Member
Thanks guys, for some reason I think I'm going to go with adj. I just don't want to buy parts twice, and we all know how these things tend to get faster and faster.

fullboogie

Established Member
If you want to change the angle for the lowers to get a better bite you use the relocation brackets. You need to be able to change the length of the LCA when you change the LCA angle.

If you look at a pair of relo brackets, the mounting holes are drilled in such a way as to maintain pinion angle. In other words, the mounting holes are more "forward" as compared to the mounting hole in the axle tube bracket. As a result, pinion angle is unaffected by relo brackets. So it is not necessary to change LCA length just because you install relo brackets.

An upper is usually needed when you lower the car, because that does change pinion angle. Just trying to clarify for the OP.

acobra03

Established Member
I have Metco upper and lowers from Posi and couldn't be happier with my choice. Solid pieces, no wheel hop, made in America and excellent customer service from Posi.

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
I have Metco upper and lowers from Posi and couldn't be happier with my choice. Solid pieces, no wheel hop, made in America and excellent customer service from Posi.

I was wondering how you were still liking those. Metco makes some great suspension pieces. Plus if you call them it's like talking to old friends. Seriously if you ever have a question with their products just give them a ring. They will explain everything perfectly. Whether you purchase anything from us or not they're fun to deal with.

Catmonkey

I Void Warranties!
Established Member
Premium Member
Roush lowers still use rubber, so it shouldn't have any more NVH than the stockers.

zporta

KB INSIDE
Established Member
I have had Metco for the past 3-4 years an love them. My solid lowers work fine even with relocation brackets

Users who are viewing this thread