Lower control arms ?

RI GT500

Established Member
I'm leaning toward the adj BMR's ,upper and lowers and adj panhard bar. Like I said I just don't want to buy things twice (learned that the hard way) lol. Were getting M&H 325/40/18's on stock widened wheels. I hope that it will somewhat hook up on the street.

UnleashedBeast

Engine Lubrication Guru
Established Member
If you like something with a nice look to them check out the Bob's (in my sig), you can get them from Bob's Auto Sports or from Van at Revan Racing, Inc. - Performance Parts for Late Model Mustangs :beer:

I use Bob's arms on my 2009 GT500, and it's right at 700 rwhp. I've never received more compliments on a lower control arm in my life.

previous UMI non-adj. (top) Bob's arms (bottom)
74b8c88f.jpg

9f17e135.jpg

Last edited:

PROCHARGEDGT

just pull the trigger
Established Member
My dad runs the steeda lowers on his 07 shelby and loves them. They seem to be very similar to the metco.

Off topic but could you run a 345 tire with the lowers with out any rubbing or other problems??

NuclearPower

Established Member
For the Bob's, they look cool, but I was curious if they maintain the factory geometry...what the BMRs state on they billet LCAs.

Also, what is the big deal on this that BMR makes a big point about pointing this out?

Getting ready to order from Van and just asking...(Van, still out of town...)

UnleashedBeast

Engine Lubrication Guru
Established Member
For the Bob's, they look cool, but I was curious if they maintain the factory geometry...what the BMRs state on they billet LCAs.

Also, what is the big deal on this that BMR makes a big point about pointing this out?

are you referring to this comment from BMR?

Additionally, our control arms retain the factory designed rear offset, a necessity others overlook resulting in split, binding bushings

I assure you, Bob's "Steve's" LCAs work as intended.

Last edited:

Steve@BAS

Established Member
The Bob's LCAs like the BMR will retain the factory geometry. Further, Bob's bushings are slightly longer than the metal sleeves. This allows the bushings to compress and stay tight against the LCA. The BMR units, while a great unit, do not do this crucial function, and the sleeves extend past the bushings. This allows the LCA to move laterally when bolted into the car.

Also I just weighed some other LCAs I have in my shop.

Bob's are 3.45 each
UPR are 3.55 each
BMR are 4.65 each

ModularSpeed

Suspension Guru
Established Member
Compressing a bushing to the threshold of the sleeve, inside a mounting point is not crucial one bit. This will cause a noisy bushing over time, as well as a bushing that is bound up without even being forced to do so. Lateral movement of the arm (to a small degree) is better on a pan-hard bar suspension than a bushing that is compressed at a steady state.

It is not a coincidence that BMR is the market leader in the GM and Ford pan-hard bar platforms.

Steve@BAS

Established Member
^^I've put thousands of miles on my bushings and no noise at all, nor have I regreased since installation. I worked with Prothane a really well respected polyurethane bushing manufacturer and they were the ones who really convinced me on that point. :shrug:

Who is giving you your info on that? I would love to read a link on that, I can change mine easy enough if that were true.

EDIT : Btw, I had a set of BMR in my car, before I even started making car parts, I could feel it slide around and it was a noisy bushing. Then I ordered a set of UPR, and when I got them I didn't like the look of the bushings (particularly the 3 large washers, and the thin metal outer edge). That is what made me make my own LCAs. After I posted pics here and got so many people complementing them I went into production. So I know BMR is not the "end all" market leader. One of my insurance agents quoted them and told me they don't even own their own CNC mills. I have rows of them in my shop.

Last edited:

cobrkilrl

Established Member
I have UPR upper and lowers with relocation brackets and adj pan hard bar. Could not be happier. Absolutely no wheel hop and the ride is smooth as hell depending on road conditions. JMO

ModularSpeed

Suspension Guru
Established Member
^^I've put thousands of miles on my bushings and no noise at all, nor have I regreased since installation. I worked with Prothane a really well respected polyurethane bushing manufacturer and they were the ones who really convinced me on that point. :shrug:

Who is giving you your info on that? I would love to read a link on that, I can change mine easy enough if that were true.

EDIT : Btw, I had a set of BMR in my car, before I even started making car parts, I could feel it slide around and it was a noisy bushing. Then I ordered a set of UPR, and when I got them I didn't like the look of the bushings, and they felt cheap. That is what made me make my own LCAs. After I posted pics here and got so many people complementing them I went into production. So I know BMR is not the "end all" market leader. One of my insurance agents quoted them and told me they don't even own their own CNC mills. I have rows of them in my shop.

You have a few thousand miles on your new product, while BMR has millions of miles, thousands of customers, and 10+ years on theirs. :beer:

I could see your thinking, but I assure you...compressing the bushing to the sleeve is not as crucial as you make it to be. The only true way to know, will be ten years from now when you are still providing them to the market. Every manufacturer will tell you that the first design is rarely the best, and surely is not "end all".

Last edited:

John@Lethal

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
To the OP,

Here's a link to all of our LCA's that we offer. We have personally used BMR with our 9 second 2010 GT500 and we've been more than satisfied with the quality of their parts supporting over 1000hp.

BMR Fabrication : Lethal Performance, Performance parts for Ford Mustangs

TCA020_MED.jpg

CAB005_MED.jpg

TCA022_MED.jpg

Feel free to give us a call if you're looking to pull the trigger on any of them. We'll definitely get you set up with your member discount as well. We have plenty of BMR including the brackets in stock we can ship out same day.

Thanks

John

Last edited:

NuclearPower

Established Member
The Bob's LCAs like the BMR will retain the factory geometry. Further, Bob's bushings are slightly longer than the metal sleeves. This allows the bushings to compress and stay tight against the LCA. The BMR units, while a great unit, do not do this crucial function, and the sleeves extend past the bushings. This allows the LCA to move laterally when bolted into the car.

Also I just weighed some other LCAs I have in my shop.

Bob's are 3.45 each
UPR are 3.55 each
BMR are 4.65 each

Not sure how much this plays into things...How strong are yours versus the others, or the stocker? I know beast said he is pulling 700hp, but any idea?

RI GT500

Established Member
Thanks, we'll do. The only problem is, the list of parts is getting longer by the day. These cars are addicting!

Steve@BAS

Established Member
Not sure how much this plays into things...How strong are yours versus the others, or the stocker? I know beast said he is pulling 700hp, but any idea?

Just as strong as BMR, and stronger than other aftermarket brands. All aftermarket are better than stockers! I will post some pics tomorrow when I am back in the office with the other units I have.

If anyone with 800+ whp wants to test a set and report back PM me, and I can work out a deal.:beer:

zporta

KB INSIDE
Established Member
Bobs auto sport has done nothing but produce great products and has started to acquire a nice collection of products to provide to the mustang world. Just because he doesn't have millions of miles on them and thousands of customers doesn't mean he doesn't make a great product. Everyone has to start somewhere, and I think he has started at a very high quality and will continue to improve and hold his company to a higher standard

blueovalkid

The Snake Pit
Established Member
Bobs auto sport has done nothing but produce great products and has started to acquire a nice collection of products to provide to the mustang world. Just because he doesn't have millions of miles on them and thousands of customers doesn't mean he doesn't make a great product. Everyone has to start somewhere, and I think he has started at a very high quality and will continue to improve and hold his company to a higher standard
+1..... I dont have any of Bobs parts but would not hesitate to use them in the future.

evasive

Pro 2A Attorney
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Don't forget all of the issues with failed poly [over time] under high rwtq applications. For those applications, look at Maximum Motorsports Extreme (rod ends) or Griggs. I won't run poly...but I'm slightly modified and will be going TVS at some point. Maximum Motorsports even tells you the specific torque rating for each product which others don't appear to do. That doesn't mean poly units aren't well made it just means there comes a point when you need a different material to handle the power. If you've seen the damage from a failed rear lower control or what happens to the car when it fails while driving, you'll see you really need to pick the right material for your intended purposes. Buy what you need for your specific goals but make sure it is an informed decision based on research. Just something to take into consideration.

Last edited:

Steve@BAS

Established Member

+1..... I dont have any of Bobs parts but would not hesitate to use them in the future.

Users who are viewing this thread