Status
Not open for further replies.

getTwisted

I Remember My First Beer.
Established Member
yeah this is a good thread so far keep em' coming

04LSKILLER

Established Member
Well I did it!!! :dancenana: I couldn't help myself!!! 3/4 coil cut off all the way around with all iso in place, front and rear. I think the rear needs to be dropped a bit more....
Were you suppose to cut the top or bottom of the rear springs???? :??:

The first pic the car had moisture still on it so thats why the rims look so ewww...
CobraLowered010.gif

CobraLowered026.gif

baginoman

Mind over Matter
Established Member
^^^^^wow that looks sooooo much better!! Yes it would cut the rears just a liitle bit more, but huge improvement nonetheless :beer:

04LSKILLER

Established Member
Yeah, I think sunday Im gonna take the rears back out and do a little more triming and hopefully install a Bassani catback!!! I dont like the uneven stance, i pefer it to be level! Another thing, the rear was SO EASY!!!

h82luz

beer drinker
Established Member
cutting the springs tomorrow and counting down the time.......................

562cobra

Hlistr_07RR ftl
Established Member
Also If your wondering if it rubs..... Yes It does but very rarely and when it does it's just the mufflers kissing the ground. Make sure you have a quaility mid pipe that does'nt hang too low and a cat back with a muffler height that is not too tall. The reason I mention this Is I ripped my catback off my mid pipe. There were two reason this happend
1. I had a JUNK! bbk off road X that hung too low I tried several times to jack it up but would not work.
2. I had a flowmaster catback with huge mufflers that hit every thing

I now have a bassani and the problem is mostly solved. It hits maybe 2% of the time that I drive it. Go H&R you wont regret it!

lol i have a bassani catback with a bbk o/r x pipe. x pipe scrapes everywhere.

I too, have H&R super sport springs with no isolators. I feel the ride pretty comfortable, but i see the passengers bouncin' every where.

kleen002.gif

kleen005.gif

DSCF2208-1.gif

Black Talon

KnightOfTheOldRepublic
Established Member
Well I did it!!! :dancenana: I couldn't help myself!!! 3/4 coil cut off all the way around with all iso in place, front and rear. I think the rear needs to be dropped a bit more....
Were you suppose to cut the top or bottom of the rear springs???? :??:

The first pic the car had moisture still on it so thats why the rims look so ewww...
CobraLowered010.gif

CobraLowered026.gif

Much Better
OhYeah.gif

FromGTtoSVT

can't believe I am still here
Established Member
H&R Race, trop rear iso's removed...all other stock iso's in place

The rear has settled a bit, the car sits dead even now..pics were taken about 24 hours after the install was done.

CIMG0048.jpg

CIMG0047.jpg

JayVee

REAL is Rare
Established Member
did anyone have to get anything extra when they cut/dropped their COBRA? such as CC plates or camber/caster kits??? I know a alignment is off top! But anything else??? Especially someone like me that only wants 1-1.5 drop like the red COBRA (04LSKiller) car is PERFECT! imo!

Black Talon

KnightOfTheOldRepublic
Established Member
You should get CC plates and a bumpsteer kit, but you dont have to.
It is the proper way to do it although many have not.

04LSKILLER

Established Member
did anyone have to get anything extra when they cut/dropped their COBRA? such as CC plates or camber/caster kits??? I know a alignment is off top! But anything else??? Especially someone like me that only wants 1-1.5 drop like the red COBRA (04LSKiller) car is PERFECT! imo!

Thanks!! I dont have the CC plates. Im gonna drop the rear a bit more and then go get it aligned. Will see what the machine says and go from there.

EDIT: How long does it take the springs to "settle"?? I wanna lower the rear just a little more but dont want it to "settle" and be too low......

Last edited:

Black Talon

KnightOfTheOldRepublic
Established Member
lol i have a bassani catback with a bbk o/r x pipe. x pipe scrapes everywhere.

I too, have H&R super sport springs with no isolators. I feel the ride pretty comfortable, but i see the passengers bouncin' every where.

kleen002.gif

kleen005.gif

DSCF2208-1.gif

That is quite a rake you have there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread