Lowered 03-04 Cobra's

Status
Not open for further replies.

JayVee

REAL is Rare
Established Member
^ Thats how mine looks rt now with my 18s AFS....Ur frt is like 1/2in lower but the bk is identical!!! I have not even lowered mine yet... I too will either be cutting 3/4 all the way around or H&R SS....

JayVee

REAL is Rare
Established Member
Look at this thread and someone has to have that combination with Eibach and removed ISOs... Then u can see if u actually want to do it... IMO... I surf alot thru this and other forum for great ideas already exsisting or great ideas to improve on...

mrpork

Established Member
i was thinking the same thing that is how mine looks right now. myself im putting H&R race springs under her good luck with the ss spring post up some picture so i can see it.

^ Thats how mine looks rt now with my 18s AFS....Ur frt is like 1/2in lower but the bk is identical!!! I have not even lowered mine yet... I too will either be cutting 3/4 all the way around or H&R SS....

JayVee

REAL is Rare
Established Member
Yeah!!!^^^ idk which ones exactly... wheichever ones have more drop and a better ride...

RedfireSVT

Established Member
SS springs with stock iso's all the way around:
HandRSprings010.jpg

HandRSprings004.gif

HandRSprings008.jpg

HandRSprings009.jpg

HandRSprings023.jpg

JayVee

REAL is Rare
Established Member
U r killin it wit those FR500s! Fkn sweet! wat size are they? 17s or 18s??? Look to be 17s...

RedfireSVT

Established Member
what was the rating drop on the Sport springs? 1.6 front/1.5 rear?
just under 2" with the stock iso's

how come not many people run coilovers? Too expensive for most?
i wouldn't let the price difference make the decision but in my case i didn't need them. they also tend to make noise

U r killin it wit those FR500s! Fkn sweet! wat size are they? 17s or 18s??? Look to be 17s...
18" is the only way to go with the FR500 wheel

dspiel

Lurker
Established Member
i run coilovers on my Z they are pretty aggressive and noisy (setup for track), but the handling makes it worthwhile.

Jroc

Established Member
i run coilovers on my Z they are pretty aggressive and noisy (setup for track), but the handling makes it worthwhile.

I run C/O's and the MM ones aren't noisy when setup right. They are stiff, but I do agree the trade in ride quality for handling is worth it, atleast IMO.

Jroc

Established Member
you got a link to their website?

If you want to mess with the best in terms of Mustang suspension then I recommend Maximum Motorsports if your car see's frequent road use. Their parts are of great quality and will take the beating of DD use. MM pieces are very worry free and will make your car handle much better, and on top of that they won't break the bank as much as most other highend Mustang suspension companies will. Most Mustang people will recommend MM over other suspension companies.
Maximum Motorsports :: The Leader In Mustang Performance Suspension

If I was going to build the ultimate track car and/or had deep pockets then I would personaly choose Griggs Racing over MM. They have some very badass track cars and their records speak for themselves. I like their Subframe Connector, and if I had the money and Road Raced I would love one of their Short/Long Arm front suspensions.
Griggs Racing Products

Agent 47 is a good alternitive to Griggs,(they also offer a SLA front suspension and are cheaper also, but still very good from my understanding) but I think their kits are mainly geared toward racing and I'm not sure if they make any for street cars or not.
Agent 47

I think that a SLA front suspension is cool, but their expensive and unnecessary unless your pretty big into Road Racing. The MacPhersons can be made to handle very well.

I believe KW also makes C/O's for Mustangs that are suppose to be very good, but I believe their expensive.
KW automotive North America Inc. Suspension -- Coilovers -- Shocks -- Springs

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread