LS What???

1MeanNonPI2v

Established Member
I don't really care about seeing LS engines swapped into any kind of car. They are solid and can make huge HP.

However, when you go to a car show, and see a nicely build '32 Ford Coupe, all done up and looking like a perfect street rod, and then... under the hood it has an ordinary Chevy 350... that kind of bugs me.

See, your example of a '32 is exactly what I'm talking about. It you are going to build a bitchin car, why put a boring SBC in it? In the past people did Chevy swaps for two reasons, cheap and powerful. Now that the after market supports the SBF the way the do Chevy, I don't see an excuse. Building a 302 or 351 is maybe 10% more expensive than a SBC now, so are people doing it that way just because "that's how it's always been done"?

Sure was hoping, that a forum for SVT Ford products would have more support for the Ford engines and cars!

Uncle Meat

Zircon Encrusted Tweezers
Established Member
artworks-000027930374-ptl3ij-crop.jpg

devin1986

Boosted Grandma-Mobile
Established Member
I don't think anyone else really cares all that much, but if you want to, you can buy me a terminator motor, make it work in my car, and I'll do some built halfshafts and slicks. :rockon:

usmc320

Established Member
There's a reason you rarely see it the other way around. LSX is cheap, abundant, and makes great power.

Jroc

Established Member
The reason you don't see new Fords in Chevy's often is because Ford DOHC motors do not fit between too many strut towers.

I use to hate it to but think of it like this. Most GM cars are POS(for real. I not taking new Vette's or Caddy's but in general they are) and Ford Vehicles are much better platforms. One thing GM is is a motor company. They make great motors.

Users who are viewing this thread