Established Member
[youtube_browser]yLaNJgSkPmU[/youtube_browser]

My ported eaton vs heads/cam stalled full exhaust 3.73 gears LS1

Last edited:

LS1FTMFW

Banned
[youtube_browser]yLaNJgSkPmU[/youtube_browser]

My ported eaton vs heads/cam stalled full exhaust 3.73 gears LS1

I like how it requires a blower(upgraded one at that) and nitrous on a Ford mod motor ohc engine with twice the cams to beat a n/a ls1. :pop:

Nitrous by itself on the n/a ls1 would have eaten that whipple alive.

That's a stalled auto, it's meant for digs. It's probably a big 4000-4200 stall at that and actually hurts it at highway rolls on top of that. With the 3.73's it runs out of gear at only 120, 3-4 at wot is a big no no on the 4l60e.

Last edited:

ferfont1

Established Member
I like how it requires a blower(upgraded one at that) and nitrous on a Ford mod motor ohc engine with twice the cams to beat a n/a ls1. :pop:
i like how it requires the zl1 to have a blower to still lose to mod motors, lol

LS1FTMFW

Banned
i like how it requires the zl1 to have a blower to still lose to mod motors, lol

I like how the SVT Cobra cost $15k more then a 6 speed Z28 did new, but was no faster at the dragstrip. Even with a newer dohc motor, twice the cams, and a blower.

Last edited:

Kiohtee

Established Member
Good race, If that would have ben my Cobra when it was stock I would have ate and spit that Camero out.

Doubtful. Terminators weren't so much faster, on average, that they would outrun simple bolt-on, well driven LS1s by a lot.

LS1FTMFW

Banned
Doubtful. Terminators weren't so much faster, on average, that they would outrun simple bolt-on, well driven LS1s by a lot.

My friend does 11.9's in his bolt on 6 speed 2002 Z28 with 4.30's. He is a great driver and has it set up very well. He even has stock ls6 intake manifold....

His name is Michael Hooper and we frequent our local track often.

You can get a good condition Z28 for $5-7k unmolested, a Cobra is $10-15k on top of that in the current market.

Last edited:

ferfont1

Established Member
I like how the SVT Cobra cost $15k more then a 6 speed Z28 did new, but was no faster at the dragstrip. Even with a newer dohc motor, twice the cams, and a blower.

because we all know everyone buys cars for their 1/4 numbers! :bored:. Mustangs out sold camaros and t/a's combined, thats why they killed the t/a and stopped producing camaro's for 8 years! It's preference......because you can make anything fast. Some people dont want to drive around a car that resembles a catfish and would and did get the cobra for $15k more.

You know it does take time to perfect a new technology, ford decided to try something new instead of build off old pushrod technology. Now look at the new coyote motors...the performance speaks for itself.

Carry on troll :rolleyes:

707svt

Venom Feeder
Established Member

Got vids on it racing a exhaust intake bolt on camero vs me jlt exhaust, trust me I would have put a hurt n on that camero.

Last edited:

ferfont1

Established Member
My friend does 11.9's in his bolt on 6 speed 2002 Z28 with 4.30's. He is a great driver and has it set up very well. He even has stock ls6 intake manifold....

His name is Michael Hooper and we frequent our local track often.

You can get a good condition Z28 for $5-7k unmolested, a Cobra is $10-15k on top of that in the current market.

Well you sound young, so this explains your trolling posts. Sounds like you just got your license and just got into the drag racing scene. Your trolly arguments like...needs a blower, needs more cams, costs XXX more money, are all signs of being a troll or young. So congrats on getting your first catfish on your 16th birthday :thumbsup:

oh and to keep feeding the troll....you can get a $500 honda, put $5000 into it and rape an ls1 and cobra :beer:

LS1FTMFW

Banned
because we all know everyone buys cars for their 1/4 numbers! :bored:. Mustangs out sold camaros and t/a's combined, thats why they killed the t/a and stopped producing camaro's for 8 years! It's preference......because you can make anything fast. Some people dont want to drive around a car that resembles a catfish and would and did get the cobra for $15k more.

You know it does take time to perfect a new technology, ford decided to try something new instead of build off old pushrod technology. Now look at the new coyote motors...the performance speaks for itself.

Carry on troll :rolleyes:

I like how the 5.0 is physically bigger and weighs more then an LS3, but makes less power everywhere and at the peaks. Also look into the potential of modifying the engine and how superior the aftermarket support for the LSx engine is vs the coyote.

There's nothing wrong with proven technology, if you are going to go with that right then why does the mustang still have a sra and the camaro has irs? What was ford thinking putting the rear end from an 1800's western carriage in it?

Elwood617

Established Member
No one here is impressed, just and your trolling is only mildly entertaining. I actually feel sorry for the 5.0 driver, because he lost to you. His car is capable of allot more, and her should have beat you. On a positive note, good job of out driving him :)

LS1FTMFW

Banned
Any ford's want to come get drug in oklahoma city area? I have free LS1 sticker i can give after they see my tail lights. :)

Elwood617

Established Member
You do know that the Corvette uses leaf springs, which stems from the horseless carriage. The live rear axle is great for drag racing, and in conjunction with a Watts Link (which I have) is very potent on the road course. By the way, which car is faster around a road course, a Mustang GT our the Camaro SS? Oh, that's right, the one with the live rear axle :)

Kiohtee

Established Member
Got vids on it racing a cam exhaust intake camero vs me jlt exhaust, trust me I would have put a hurt n on that camero.

Congratulations on beating the driver. :lol:

As long as it wasn't another LS-based cam with just an O/R Y to compliment it, it probably should've busted your ass. Trust me, I've been there, done that.

Your average aftermarket H/C/I LS1 is a stout 400-450rwhp (depending on the combo and transmission). More than enough, and sometimes enough, to beat a Terminator short of a pulley.

ferfont1

Established Member
I like how the 5.0 is physically bigger and weighs more then an LS3, but makes less power everywhere and at the peaks. Also look into the potential of modifying the engine and how superior the aftermarket support for the LSx engine is vs the coyote.

There's nothing wrong with proven technology, if you are going to go with that right then why does the mustang still have a sra and the camaro has irs? What was ford thinking putting the rear end from an 1800's western carriage in it?

many here will think you're kidding around but i know you're serious....who cares if the engine is physically bigger....the ls3 has 1.2liters more of displacement, that's what counts...not if it looks bigger or not! lol! Oh and about the irs yes we already know GM took another page out of fords book by putting an irs in their car.....goes along with the blower they put on the zl1 that still cant beat a gt500. Oh and why does your beloved gm still put leaf springs on the vette? You know all your arguments are regurgitated from 2003 right? This solidifies me thinking you are a 16yo who just bought a 4k catfish and thinks its kingshit because it goes fast from stop light to stoplight. People really do consider other things when buying a car.

707svt

Venom Feeder
Established Member
Congratulations on beating the driver. :lol:

As long as it wasn't another LS-based cam with just an O/R Y to compliment it, it probably should've busted your ass. Trust me, I've been there, done that.

Your average aftermarket H/C/I LS1 is a stout 400-450rwhp (depending on the combo and transmission). More than enough, and sometimes enough, to beat a Terminator short of a pulley.

Call it what you want, all Cobras are differant and Im proud to say that I got one of the better built ones, I still race this guy from time to time the first time it was exhuast true duals intake bolt ons and I had JLT & exhuast, now he has a cam and I have mine pullied and still take him out, to bad your not closer

ferfont1

Established Member
this has to be you

chevrolet+logo+tattoo+16.jpeg

Kiohtee

Established Member
Call it what you want, all Cobras are differant and Im proud to say that I got one of the better built ones, I still race this guy from time to time the first time it was exhuast true duals intake bolt ons and I had JLT & exhuast, now he has a cam and I have mine pullied and still take him out, to bad your not closer

You're not going to convince me regardless. I've seen shit happen in person when it shouldn't have. I just chalk it up to a bad/exceptional driver, depending on the situation.

If you wanna live thinking a stock Terminator is gonna take a H/C/I LS1, well, just don't go picking on too many of them. Your feelings WILL get hurt. And it wouldn't matter if I lived right next door to you, you'd need more than a pulley to keep up with me. :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread