LS1 dragging that ass

HandBanana

Established Member
You're not going to convince me regardless. I've seen shit happen in person when it shouldn't have. I just chalk it up to a bad/exceptional driver, depending on the situation.

If you wanna live thinking a stock Terminator is gonna take a H/C/I LS1, well, just don't go picking on too many of them. Your feelings WILL get hurt. And it wouldn't matter if I lived right next door to you, you'd need more than a pulley to keep up with me. :lol:

False. If the Cobra is tuned with an intake full exhaust it would put done similiar #'s to a bolt-on LSx car with a mild cam. Up to the driver's at that point.

This guy is just as previously described: a dumb kid with a cheap Catfish from a buy here pay here establishment thats trolling. Temp tags on the thing and already talking sh!t. Are we supposed to be impressed with your high mileage, busted 'Maro? Know your place boy.

707svt

Venom Feeder
Established Member
You're not going to convince me regardless. I've seen shit happen in person when it shouldn't have. I just chalk it up to a bad/exceptional driver, depending on the situation.

If you wanna live thinking a stock Terminator is gonna take a H/C/I LS1, well, just don't go picking on too many of them. Your feelings WILL get hurt. And it wouldn't matter if I lived right next door to you, you'd need more than a pulley to keep up with me. :lol:

You odviously dont read very well and I highly dout your LS is putting down what mine does in my sig on just a pullie, your lil camero wouldnt stand a chance I dont care if I convince you or not.

707svt

Venom Feeder
Established Member

Elwood617

Established Member
nice shifting, what did you run, sounds really good to.
Thanks, I love rowing through the gears in my car :)
I think that run was a 11.56 to his 11.89, I think that was his time anyway. He was a cool guy and it was a mean catfish; H/C/I, auto leaving off a trans-brake.

Last edited:

Kiohtee

Established Member
You odviously dont read very well and I highly dout your LS is putting down what mine does in my sig on just a pullie, your lil camero wouldnt stand a chance I dont care if I convince you or not.

I don't even have a Camaro anymore. As a matter of fact my last performance car was a '97 Cobra. :lol:

And obviously YOU don't read very well.

spray'n mach 1

Established Member
I like how the SVT Cobra cost $15k more then a 6 speed Z28 did new, but was no faster at the dragstrip. Even with a newer dohc motor, twice the cams, and a blower.

From the March 2009 issue of Motor Trend |

2002 Chevrolet Camaro SS
POWERTRAIN/CHASSIS
Drivetrain layout Front engine, RWD
Engine type 90 V-8, alum block/heads
Valve gear OHV, 2 valves/cyl
Bore/stroke, 3.90x3.62/99.0x92.0
Displacement, 346.9/5665
Compression ratio 10.1:1
Horsepower @ 325 @ 5200
Torque @ rpm 350 @ 4000
Redline, rpm 5500 6800
Transmission 6-speed manual
On sale in U.S. Currently
Price as tested $32,780

from motor trend, your loaded SS is 32, 780..., I know it isn't a base z/28 but for price comparison the ss and cobra was close in price..

Last edited:

NasteeNate

2V Warrior
Established Member
I can't wait to wax some LS based cars in my 2V, I will get a greater reaction. And line I'm just going to use, its just a anemic 2V :lol:

whitedevil95

@the03cobro
Established Member
Better get a blower then. :lol:
LS guys love to whine about the svt blowers. Sorry you guy got dragged so bad you had to copy the idea with the ZL1 and still be slower than the GT500. I figured they would have gone blower with the 2003 Camaro...oh wait...

Kiohtee

Established Member
LS guys love to whine about the svt blowers. Sorry you guy got dragged so bad you had to copy the idea with the ZL1 and still be slower than the GT500. I figured they would have gone blower with the 2003 Camaro...oh wait...

Do you really think that bothers me? :shrug: I'm not a brand loyal nuthugger. I don't care that there was no 2003-2009 Camaro. I don't care that, with few exceptions, Camaro/Trans Am was the top dog from 1993-2002. I don't care that the 2003-2004 Cobra pretty much put an end to it's competition. I really don't. I'll drive anything sporty and relatively quick regardless of the badge on the front.

getTwisted

I Remember My First Beer.
Established Member
there were cars in the OP's video?? I heard something that sounded like and old 71 dodge truck with cherry bombs and at the end I saw a mullet holding an american flag? idk.

cobrakyle95

Established Member
whats even more funny is that these cars can be had for 6K and throw a little money at them and all of a sudden we have Warren Johnson on our hands. Still a pile of shart... Sound like a GMC safari van with a blown head gasket..... I'd rather jerk off with steel wool and forever be stuck in a civic then roll a LS based junk.

LS1FTMFW

Banned
From the March 2009 issue of Motor Trend |

2002 Chevrolet Camaro SS
POWERTRAIN/CHASSIS
Drivetrain layout Front engine, RWD
Engine type 90 V-8, alum block/heads
Valve gear OHV, 2 valves/cyl
Bore/stroke, 3.90x3.62/99.0x92.0
Displacement, 346.9/5665
Compression ratio 10.1:1
Horsepower @ 325 @ 5200
Torque @ rpm 350 @ 4000
Redline, rpm 5500 6800
Transmission 6-speed manual
On sale in U.S. Currently
Price as tested $32,780

from motor trend, your loaded SS is 32, 780..., I know it isn't a base z/28 but for price comparison the ss and cobra was close in price..

You are dumb, the fastest times for f bodies are the z28 camaros... The base stripper ones that are the lightest. The SS is not a factory car it is sent out to SLP then they just put stripes on it and an intake with heavier wheels.

Quit bringing up a non factory version that was overpriced and waste of money, that's like using a roush mustang as a baseline comparison price wise versus a z28. It's convenient because it makes my opinion look more legitimate, but does it make sense? no.

Last edited:

LS1FTMFW

Banned
whats even more funny is that these cars can be had for 6K and throw a little money at them and all of a sudden we have Warren Johnson on our hands. Still a pile of shart... Sound like a GMC safari van with a blown head gasket..... I'd rather jerk off with steel wool and forever be stuck in a civic then roll a LS based junk.

The junk sound you hear in the video is the mod motor on the cobra, you can't even hear my car.... :bash: :lol1: Plus an LS can't be made to sound bad, period. :rockon:

My payments would have been the same with a cobra I found, just 60 month loan versus 36. Quit getting hard over how much you paid for your car.

Last edited:

ferfont1

Established Member
You are dumb, the fastest times for f bodies are the z28 camaros... The base stripper ones that are the lightest. The SS is not a factory car it is sent out to SLP then they just put stripes on it and an intake with heavier wheels.

Quit bringing up a non factory version that was overpriced and waste of money, that's like using a roush mustang as a baseline comparison price wise versus a z28. It's convenient because it makes my opinion look more legitimate, but does it make sense? no.

you are dumb?? how old are you seriously? you're making payments on a 16 year old $4k clapped out fbod?? Why are you mad at people for spending more money on their car? I'd rather have 1 cobra than 3 catfishmobiles....just sayin :rollseyes is this getting through your head yet? i know its unbelievable that someone would pay more than $4k for a car that they want even though it may not be the best bang for the buck. Keep livin a 1/4 mile at a time toretto! lol

Adiabatik

Banned
Sounds better the flappy underwater sounding straight piped mod motors. I have cutout and it sounds amazing, I get compliments not just saying this.

These cars sound AMAZING

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s4bND4OzOgc

THey sound just like V8 trucks with straight pipes. Had I closed my eyes while watching that vid, I would agree if you were to tell me that it was 2 1980 rust-bucket Silverados racing with holes in the exhaust

Users who are viewing this thread