LS3 are making crazy power..2013 1LE Camaro 491/440 Cam/bolt ons/Stock heads

jleews6

Established Member
LS3 is a bad-ass engine :)

Sure is. There are a few that dont know what they are talking about and claim the LS is junk but the fact is a gasoline engine is nothing more then an air pump and the LS motors can pump allot of air.

ArtVandalay16

Established Member
Nice..I grew up with Martin. He's very good at what he does and always has been. Glad to see him being recognized widely now.

Last edited:

ctgreddy

Established Member
Don't mean to ruin your parade but…… Where have you been? its nothing new…… Great numbers though

x2. I just finished my buddies '10 SS m6 last week, I did our(livernois) 2R-max cam, supporting parts(springs/pushrods), arh lt's, rotofab cai, never took the heads off, stock intake/tb(no porting). During tuning it made between 498-503 every time, 8-10 pulls. then sprayed it with a 125 n2o jet/150 fuel jet and it made 627/642.

While this car was the highest we've had with a "cam only" ls3, the 2r max always makes between 480-490whp assuming stock heads/intake and proper exhaust mods.

4u 2 nv

I aint nobody
Established Member
i think even the gm fan boys (4u 2 nv) would agree that svtp is much more liberal to the opposite brands than ls1tech….those guys are the rush limbaughs of the forums….of course you're a gm fan boy lol ever owned anything but a gm product???

I agree with the first part and yes. I've owned 5 cars that weren't GM. You know this lol.

4u 2 nv

I aint nobody
Established Member
I hope in no way are you even comparing a MUCH more efficient motor'd car to that buffalo'maro? That douchebag from ls1tech with the zl1 and his billion shot car that couldn't in a fair race pull a blower 5.0…now a HCI c6z on a big kit is something i'd be all about :)

The car in the video was a C6 Z06 that made 707 on a bone stock motor other than the blower on 93. 5.0 made 750ish blown on basic mods and e85. We all know about the douche in that one particular ZL1 you are talking about lol

4u 2 nv

I aint nobody
Established Member
You guys are killing me. I never said it was hp territory like we have never seen before. Just a very mild bolt on package with a big cam making 500rwhp.... Pretty nasty no matter what it's in

ctgreddy

Established Member
You guys are killing me. I never said it was hp territory like we have never seen before. Just a very mild bolt on package with a big cam making 500rwhp.... Pretty nasty no matter what it's in

Yes I'll give you that! exhaust/intake and a cam producing ~500whp is impressive no matter what the engine. I wish the z28's weren't so god aweful expensive, would be sweet to see an na stock short block camaro making ~600whp. However of the few that gm are selling I doubt all that many will be heavily modded.

4u 2 nv

I aint nobody
Established Member
Didnt mean to derail this thread at all. :beer:

I don't have an allegiance to one specific brand, I love em all, cept the camaro.
But after reading up on ls3 and ls7 (here on SVTP), the ls3 is a better platform to start off of. Is that correct?
For typical LS mods, say H/C/I and maybe even long tubes, the ls7 is the way to go right?
FI and beyond = ls3?

At that point the LS7 might take the cake only due to CI. IIRC LMR/lethal or someone that did a wicked h/c/intake blah blah z06 that made like 640rwhp on stock bottom end.

Cowboytk

Grey Ghost
Established Member
that is impressive. I do have to say that good grief all of you people saying 500 whp isnt impressive..I mean hell 10 years ago the highest hp ford car was (claimed) 390, gm 405, dodge was considered obscene with the 500 hp viper. now we have 400 stock across the board. the top of the line mid 6's. it is crazy to think that people are that look down on 400 whp.
this is my first serious hp car yes but still, I look at 500 and I think holy crap, how is that streetable.

all else aside that to me is impressive numbers for mild mods on that car. that being said I still hate the sound of the ls3, give me a ls1, 2 or 6 any day.

kaz109

Established Member
Negative, there are countless posts but that is the best one that stood out in my mind. If chabra and I noticed, pretty sure people who post enough know you are the same level as mrlrd in GM nut huggery.

I've noticed....do I count? Lol

4u 2 nv

I aint nobody
Established Member
I've noticed....do I count? Lol

Yes....and you can count on me....waiting for you in the parking lot

C39C51B8-617B-4A7E-9C01-89FDE0D3B421_zpszeesu8wi.jpg

vettez062002

baller on a budget
Established Member
that is impressive. I do have to say that good grief all of you people saying 500 whp isnt impressive..I mean hell 10 years ago the highest hp ford car was (claimed) 390, gm 405, dodge was considered obscene with the 500 hp viper. now we have 400 stock across the board. the top of the line mid 6's. it is crazy to think that people are that look down on 400 whp.
this is my first serious hp car yes but still, I look at 500 and I think holy crap, how is that streetable.

all else aside that to me is impressive numbers for mild mods on that car. that being said I still hate the sound of the ls3, give me a ls1, 2 or 6 any day.

This is not 2003 where a crammed ls1 or pullied termi were the fastest thing around town..

kcsvt94l

1D 10 T Error
Established Member
I think a few folks view on the matter is this, LS motors period have always woken up to Cams so it shouldn't come as a surprise. Then i'm sure other folks have the view similar to mine which is. When ever were talking about a LS123 making good power, it's accepted! people are amazed and herald it. Maybe because it's been a solid platform for so long?

They have always made great numbers, but the second a 5.0 guy wants to wade into those waters for a moment, he gets bastardized and every excuse possible comes about when you see a modded 5.0 guy make similar power some cases less/some cases better. Real Ford fans are happy to have a great platform to rival the LS motor tit for tat.

Cliffs:

LS owner full bolt-on cam only :"I made 490-510!" Crowd "Of course you did, that's common knowledge."
Coyote Owner full bolt-on cam only: "I made 490-510!" Crowd "Dedicated Race car." "Specialized Fuel.", "Factory Freak." "Not the norm.", "Happy Dyno."

To the kind fellow who appeared to compare owning a 1LE to a GT500. Really? Not even a ZL1 or a Z28, a 1LE? You my friend are smoking some good stuff.

pho_phizzat

Dapper as ****
Established Member
I think a few folks view on the matter is this, LS motors period have always woken up to Cams so it shouldn't come as a surprise. Then i'm sure other folks have the view similar to mine which is. When ever were talking about a LS123 making good power, it's accepted! people are amazed and herald it. Maybe because it's been a solid platform for so long?

They have always made great numbers, but the second a 5.0 guy wants to wade into those waters for a moment, he gets bastardized and every excuse possible comes about when you see a modded 5.0 guy make similar power some cases less/some cases better. Real Ford fans are happy to have a great platform to rival the LS motor tit for tat.

Cliffs:

LS owner full bolt-on cam only :"I made 490-510!" Crowd "Of course you did, that's common knowledge."
Coyote Owner full bolt-on cam only: "I made 490-510!" Crowd "Dedicated Race car." "Specialized Fuel.", "Factory Freak." "Not the norm.", "Happy Dyno."

To the kind fellow who appeared to compare owning a 1LE to a GT500. Really? Not even a ZL1 or a Z28, a 1LE? You my friend are smoking some good stuff.

Are there bolt-on 5.0s that make 480 puls Hp NA? More than a handful? With Stock heads?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread