Lund Racing 2011 Mustang Twin Turbo Alpha Car

2011redcandy

Established Member
ttmani.jpg

Here is a pic of the creation of the kit. Its a rapid prototype for the passenger side printed in plastic from a computer model to check fitment. Bet ya never have a weld fail.

2011redcandy

Established Member
Just as an update the car is running great. I drove it about 250 miles in traffic/highway conditions in 96* degree temps without issue this past weekend. That means it has close to 2k miles on it since I picked it up all trouble free. Next track outing will prob be the 5.0 shootout next month. Here is how the engine bay is looking now:

photobucket-1059-1344340729585.jpg

photobucket-12286-1344340684524.jpg

photobucket-6081-1342987556317.jpg

Alpha 2 (Boss 302) was just started up yesterday and is being tuned as we speak! You can like Lund Racing and Power By the Hour on facebook if you want updates

Last edited:

sncbluegt

Established Member
That is some great news! Btw I love the accent you did on the engine cover! From what I understand the wastegates that the kits comes with have an option to be water cooled...are they setup that way on yours or any other setup that you know of? I saw that TIAL requires it if the car is gonna be road raced or in any prolonged high egt uses.

2011redcandy

Established Member
That is some great news! Btw I love the accent you did on the engine cover! From what I understand the wastegates that the kits comes with have an option to be water cooled...are they setup that way on yours or any other setup that you know of? I saw that TIAL requires it if the car is gonna be road raced or in any prolonged high egt uses.

No plans to water cool them. Even Tial says it is not necessary for this application. It comes in handy in extreme heat conditions where the wastegate is in a tight space and subject to extreme heat. Since the WG on the Lund Racing kits are up and out of the way, heat is not an issue.

Bud

Established Member
Perfect! I appreciate your updates...keeps making me get more and more anxious for the end of the year when shipping starts

It's definitely going to be cool. Crazy that there will be 3 of these cars in Colorado.

Bud

Established Member
Well damnt I was hopin it was gonna be just us. He's probably that guy with the hellion TT kit lol

I say the more the merrier, sounds like the 3.6l KB car that just got done here threw down stupid numbers, so we have our work cut out for us with the twins.

StevenStarke

Fast/Reliable/Cheap pick2
Established Member
could the gates be mounted down on the headers directly and then dump tubes be ran down and vent to the atmosphere?

2011redcandy

Established Member
Here is a video some random person took, someone showed me it on youtube the other day lol.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/4RF-GVSSxXw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

2011redcandy

Established Member
Here is an older vid since I now know how to embed. The car runs out of gear pretty fast, I should have went 3:31

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/NXxNApduv8I" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread