Mac L/T's installed yesterday :)

deec73

Established Member
Went and had Brian aka SpeedDemon to install my headers yesterday. Being the "top flight" mechanic that Brian is, he made the install look easy. The only problem he ran into was the EGR tube wanted to be a pita to get in but he got it. I must say, im impressed with the way the Mac L/T's sound. I dont have any video or sound clips yet, but the car sounds like a Nascar lol... The O/R X and the Borla Stingers make for a awesome sounding combo.

Anybody in the Atlanta area need a good mechanic, Brian(SpeedDemon) is the man for the job. Id also like to thank Derek at Dagostino Racing for giving me a great deal on the headers and xpipe.

Heres a few pics of the install...

Headers1.jpg

Bulky K-member removed. Wish I had went ahead and put in a Tubeular K..
Headers2.jpg

Amazing these cars run as good as they do with these choked up little manifolds
Headers3.jpg

Headers4.jpg

Headers5.jpg

Brian finishing up the passenger side...
Headers6.jpg

Headers7.jpg

Custom X-pipe from Derek
Headers8.jpg

Headers9.jpg

Headers10.jpg

Heres a few pics of Brians 10 sec ride :)

SpeedDemon1.jpg

SpeedDemon2.jpg

SpeedDemon3.jpg

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Looks awesome. What a comparison between the stockers and the LTs. Now you need to post a video so that we can hear how awesome your setup sounds. :thumbsup:

utfan98

Lack of Restraint
Established Member
EGR is usually a PITA. I did an EGR delete and which made the install easier.

Powershift03

Clapped out race car
Established Member
Do they hang very low? Got pics of how low they are while the car is on the ground? I'm debating LTs, and just don't want to scrape everything.

SVT03Chris

NASM Personal Trainer
Established Member
Mac LTs + O/R X + Stingers

I bet that is LOUD!! You better post some videos like ASAP.

This combo is going to be sick i bet.

JoeLee

***Degenerate***
Established Member
long Tubes FTMFW!!!
Chris, I'm waiting for my stingers to get here this week, Will send them to a polishing shop right away and have them belt sanded and buffed to a Shiny mirror finish, that will be the end of my Mods for now...
I'll post up...

massmustang02

I hate Wrist Pins
Established Member
I did this same exact setup over the winter too. I was on my back with portable heaters lol. I absolutely love this setup. And it is LOUD! Here are some video's to the contribution...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ublI2_Vti7E"]YouTube- 03 Cobra, Mac LT's, Lethal O/R X, Borla Stingers WOT[/ame]
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DoL__ALQbs8"]YouTube- 03 Cobra, Mac LT's, O/R X, Borla Stingers[/ame]

Last edited:

SVT GI

Established Member
Those look nice, I bet it sounds great! I love my MAC L/Ts, they stay nice and tucked up with no chance of scraping with it being lowered.

deec73

Established Member
Do they hang very low? Got pics of how low they are while the car is on the ground? I'm debating LTs, and just don't want to scrape everything.

No they sit about even with the Subframe connectors. They fit REALLY nice. i was actually impressed with the fitment. Thanks IronTerp for recommending the Mac's :thumbsup:

deec73

Established Member
I did this same exact setup over the winter too. I was on my back with portable heaters lol. I absolutely love this setup. And it is LOUD! Here are some video's to the contribution...

Those are cool videos to give an idea of what this setup sounds like, but I think you would agree with me, they dont really do justice to exactly how loud this combo is under WOT, lol... My brother in law lives a street over from me and I got on it a little for him, and he said hes NEVER heard anything that sounded like that. He said "My god man, that thing sounds NASTY. Said it sounds like a friggin Nascar or something" lmao...

Speed Demon

Established Member
Car definitely sounds good!!!! Job went pretty smooth other than the EGR. Definitely would of been nice to throw in a tubular k-member while we had everything out.

massmustang02

I hate Wrist Pins
Established Member

Those are cool videos to give an idea of what this setup sounds like, but I think you would agree with me, they dont really do justice to exactly how loud this combo is under WOT, lol... My brother in law lives a street over from me and I got on it a little for him, and he said hes NEVER heard anything that sounded like that. He said "My god man, that thing sounds NASTY. Said it sounds like a friggin Nascar or something" lmao...

I agree. The vids do not do the sound of the car justice by any means. I had to film the longer video right next to a smaller airport so I wouldn't get nabbed.

FlaSeaDude

Building a Perfect Beast
Established Member
Dee,

Bout time you got on the LT bandwagon! :rockon:

I installed my MAC LTs back in Jan and absolutely love them. I picked up 29 RWHP and reduced my boost by one pound by installing them. :beer:

Here's a pic of my car and you can't even see them. Absolutely NO problem with ground clearance:

2438073UndersideofCobra.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread