Mac L/T's installed yesterday :)

vladSVT

KB FTW
Established Member
Good god, I think I found my next mod...
BTW, will my Bassani Catted X pipe fit, if I get MAC longtubes or will I have to get a new mid-pipe for my stingers...

You're going to have to either modify your bassani x or get one of the MAC midpipes to work with MAC longtubes.

massmustang02

I hate Wrist Pins
Established Member
I have the Lethal Performance O/R X. They do have a catted version. Both are designed to fit Mac LT's as Mac does not make an X.

FlaSeaDude

Building a Perfect Beast
Established Member
I have the Lethal Performance O/R X. They do have a catted version. Both are designed to fit Mac LT's as Mac does not make an X.

And I have the MAC catted H-pipe, which they no longer make. If I hadn't found one of these, I would have gone with the Lethal catted X-pipe...:beer:

Jomo1994z71

Can I get a KB WooWee!
Established Member
Man, ever since I have seen this thread I can't keep the MAC L/Ts off my mind...damn...

deec73

Established Member
Man, ever since I have seen this thread I can't keep the MAC L/Ts off my mind...damn...

Ever since I had them put on my car, I get get that sound and sotp feel out of my mind. For those you hear say L/T's are a waste of money, I dont know what they been smoking. My car definately responded well with them, and the sound, well..... Amazing.

SVT03Chris

NASM Personal Trainer
Established Member
Awesome! Definitely considering Mac LT's for my next mod.

But I guess my Bassani o/r X won't fit? Damn..

I may have it up for sale then if I do go with the Mac LT's..

OP -- get a clip up ASAP! One with fly bys, just cruising, and then a normal start out.

Last edited:

deec73

Established Member
Awesome! Definitely considering Mac LT's for my next mod.

But I guess my Bassani o/r X won't fit? Damn..

I may have it up for sale then if I do go with the Mac LT's..

OP -- get a clip up ASAP! One with fly bys, just cruising, and then a normal start out.

I had a Dr Gas Xpipe I had to sell. The Xpipe I got with the L/T's sounds great and fit great. Give Derek at Dagistino racing a call. He will hook you up.

sassafras

Established Member
How's the fit with the steering shaft? By the looks of it the shaft doesn't go through the headers like they do on some other sets. Fairly easy to get to all the bolts during installation.

prs97

Established Member
looks/sounds good.

I think you can also drop the trans without having to drop the headers with MAC. Them and ARH I heard. Another bonus in my book.

massmustang02

I hate Wrist Pins
Established Member
The steering shaft does go through the headers. I just can't remember which pipes it went through at the moment.

.n0b.

moar powa
Established Member
would you guys recommend Mac, or dishing out a little more for ARH? I heard with the ARH you don't have to remove the passenger side LT to drop the tranny? I maybe wrong.

deec73

Established Member
How's the fit with the steering shaft? By the looks of it the shaft doesn't go through the headers like they do on some other sets. Fairly easy to get to all the bolts during installation.

The shaft goes through 2 of the tubes. It dont touch and the tubes clear fine without having to dent or ding them in.

You will have to drop the K member to get to the bolts, but once thats out of the way, they are as easy to get to as you see in the pic posted.

FlaSeaDude

Building a Perfect Beast
Established Member
would you guys recommend Mac, or dishing out a little more for ARH? I heard with the ARH you don't have to remove the passenger side LT to drop the tranny? I maybe wrong.

I was definitely impressed with the quality, fit, and finish of my MAC long tubes. I'd recommend them to anyone looking for headers on a budget...:beer:

Users who are viewing this thread