Mac L/T's installed yesterday :)

Powershift03

Clapped out race car
Established Member
Here's a pic of my car and you can't even see them. Absolutely NO problem with ground clearance:

2438073UndersideofCobra.jpg

Wow... NICE. That sold me! :beer:

OP.... great pics too!!

Ralo

Established Member
How much do you think a shop would charge to install some?

deec73

Established Member
How much do you think a shop would charge to install some?

Ive heard anywhere from $300-$600 for LT install because its a time consuming job. To bad you dont live near Georgia because Brian(SpeedDemon) would surely hook you up.

deec73

Established Member
Sounds sick! Definitely thinking about some LTs next now..

How much did you pay for the Mac LTs?

Id rather not say what I payed for them, but Derek at Dagistino Racing gave me a great deal. Im not sure if hes a authorized vendor on here or not, so I dont wanna ruffle any feathers.

SVT03Chris

NASM Personal Trainer
Established Member
Dee,

Bout time you got on the LT bandwagon! :rockon:

I installed my MAC LTs back in Jan and absolutely love them. I picked up 29 RWHP and reduced my boost by one pound by installing them. :beer:

Here's a pic of my car and you can't even see them. Absolutely NO problem with ground clearance:

2438073UndersideofCobra.jpg

You may have just sold me on them. I'm running 15psi on my street tune now so what I probably will do is up my tune to 17psi, put on the longtubes which would drop it to around 16psi and still gain some nice power.
:rockon:

SVT03Chris

NASM Personal Trainer
Established Member
How much psi do you usually lose once you put LTs on? Is it normally just 1#? Or is every car different and it can be 2#s?

Ralo

Established Member
I think I remember hearing it will drop the boost a couple psi plus you gain more power through the curve. What all is involved in dropping the Kmember?

Last edited:

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
I lost no boost with the addition of my MAC long tubes. Was 18+/- before and 18+/- after.

Removal of the K member is simple wrenching at it's finest. Nothing difficult at all.

svtjoe123

Termin8r
Established Member
Put pypes longtubes on my gt when i had it too 8 hours without dropping the k-member so i would highly suggest dropping the k-member to anyone who doesn't want to
that car in the video sounds NASTTTTTTTTYYYYY!

Ralo

Established Member
I lost no boost with the addition of my MAC long tubes. Was 18+/- before and 18+/- after.

Removal of the K member is simple wrenching at it's finest. Nothing difficult at all.

Anything special needed to support the engine? Any how to's any where on removing the K?

deec73

Established Member
Went to the dyno to see if or how much the headers helped my car and I was amazed...

On Rick's Mustang dyno at Amazon, I dyno'd it in February it made 480/482. The only thing different to the car was a 3.73 gear was put in place of some 4.30 gears, and the long tubes were installed. The car made 503/507 on the first pull. We let it sit a couple of minutes and on the 2nd pull it made 507/520. Needless to say I was pretty damn happy. I compared dyno logs to when I was there in February and it picked up 27hp and 38tq. I looked at the logs and compared and it actually picked up over 25 hp at certain rpms.

Im definately pleased with the long tubes performance and cant say enough about the sound. Im still working on getting some video of the car to show, lol. :beer:

deec73

Established Member
How much psi do you usually lose once you put LTs on? Is it normally just 1#? Or is every car different and it can be 2#s?

My car didnt lose any boost either. It had 15.8 psi, which is normal for my 2.93/4lb combo. It dipped to 14.0 but thats normal.

Jomo1994z71

Can I get a KB WooWee!
Established Member
Good god!
I think I found my next mod...
BTW, will my Bassani Catted X pipe fit, if I get MAC longtubes or will I have to get a new mid-pipe for my stingers?
Also if it lowers the boost some, it can only make your tune on 93 pump safer?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread