Mac L/T's installed yesterday :)

Paul's_03SVT

Established Member
Went to the dyno to see if or how much the headers helped my car and I was amazed...

On Rick's Mustang dyno at Amazon, I dyno'd it in February it made 480/482. The only thing different to the car was a 3.73 gear was put in place of some 4.30 gears, and the long tubes were installed. The car made 503/507 on the first pull. We let it sit a couple of minutes and on the 2nd pull it made 507/520. Needless to say I was pretty damn happy. I compared dyno logs to when I was there in February and it picked up 27hp and 38tq. I looked at the logs and compared and it actually picked up over 25 hp at certain rpms.

Im definately pleased with the long tubes performance and cant say enough about the sound. Im still working on getting some video of the car to show, lol. :beer:

Was this drive up and dyno or did they spend time retuning your car?

semperfimrn1

Established Member
I was definitely impressed with the quality, fit, and finish of my MAC long tubes. I'd recommend them to anyone looking for headers on a budget...:beer:

Totally agree with this.

if tranny work is going to be needed does one header have to come off or can you pull tranny without messing with the headers

deec73

Established Member
Was this drive up and dyno or did they spend time retuning your car?

I just dyno'd to see if the A/F was still good, and to see how much the headers helped. He didnt have to retune it at all. The A/F was great, held between 11.5 and 11.8 the whole time.

FlaSeaDude

Building a Perfect Beast
Established Member
The steering shaft does go through the headers. I just can't remember which pipes it went through at the moment.

Here's how it fits:

2438071CobraHeaders1.jpg

:beer:

racebronco2

Established Member
would you guys recommend Mac, or dishing out a little more for ARH? I heard with the ARH you don't have to remove the passenger side LT to drop the tranny? I maybe wrong.

With the mac's you don't need to remove any of the headers to remove the tranny. You do need to remove the tranny first and then the bell housing but that's the way i do it anyways.

Jomo1994z71

Can I get a KB WooWee!
Established Member
Hope to get some this weekend. Was going to last weekend but didnt get around to it lol. Any requests? Just a normal drive by, then a fly by?

Well, I say definitely of one where you take off and row the gears some...not picky up I'm wondering if this combo is raspy?
From the looks of it, it sounds damn good so far...

deec73

Established Member
Well heres a little vid for you guys....

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lkJOOWZWDQA"]YouTube- CobraMovie.wmv[/nomedia]

Users who are viewing this thread