Mach 1 vs Fox Body

mustangmanjeff

Established Member
The only dueche baggery I see in here is coming from........you and.........

............you. I havent ragged on any other type of mustang at all in any of my posts. The only thing I have done was state facts about what a mach 1 has done with what mods and also clarify a few things. The mach 1 is not the first mustang I have owned and it certainly wont be the last. While currently it is my favorite Im sure that will change as time goes on(especially with the onset of the new 5.0).

The thing is you AND whipplesnake keep talking down on these cars and at the same time you make it look like "mach 1 owners" are the ones who think they are hot shit. In reality you make statements like "there are tons of roush, saleens, cobra, shelby all 100x faster" and "its ok mach owners are butt hurt when its a 15+ year old box foxy thatcost $2,000 with only $1,500 of bolt on mods and still can run with a bolt on 2003-2004 mach 1 that already has the 75 horsepower advantage stock vs stock".

And then whipplesnake: "Does that giant MACH1 banner you put on your windshield make the car faster?" and "OMG sooo fast".

ANYONE with common sense can see that those statements are REALLY SAYING "your car is slow and inadequate and pretty much sux and my mustang is the best evar!"

If you look back at ANY of my posts I never insulted your car nor did I ever say mine was better. I could care less that it takes less money to make a fox go faster than a mach 1. If I did then I would have bought a fox and not the mach. Im happy with my car, i like the looks and I dont mind spending more money to make it go fast.

When you say that you love all mustangs including mach 1s all you are really doing is hiding behind that statement to cover up the fact that both of you are suffering from a case of H.A.S.(more on this in a minute). The above statements I just quoted from you prove that. No one can say they love all mustangs when they make demeaning statements like that.

I also love how both of you try to justify your comments by categorizing all mach 1 owners as being rich pricks who think "my car is the hottest/fastest thing on the road". This is what we like to call H.A.S or Head in Ass Syndrome as I mentioned earlier. You see, people affected by this syndrome have their head so far up their ass they dont know the difference between their pie hole and their ass hole. Therefore they often make the mistake of putting all owners of one particular type of car into one category(most often being the rich ignorant prick category). People with a severe case of H.A.S. will even go so far as to place ALL owners of a performance car regardless of the make or model into this category. So whether you drive a corvette, a cobra, a mach 1, a charger, a challenger, a gto, a foxbody etc...you are a rich ignorant prick to someone that has a severe case of H.A.S.

Now I am not mad at either of you at all. I did call jeff an idiot earlier and for that I am sorry. I just got really upset at some of the idiotic statements that you were making. I now realize that its not your fault because you suffer from H.A.S. Thousands of people suffer from this dehabilitating disease each year.

The good news is that it doesnt have to control your life and help is available. All you have to do is ask and someone would be happy to help you get your head out of your ass.

I love how I stopped with quotes with you, and just made a statement and quoted 2 other guys and in general to others, and yet you keep this going and quoted me again and rude personal comments not relatedto cars now...

Yep lol, I see tons tons of posts by "cobra and mach 1's "owners wit the " my car is better then yours ATTITUDE, and in person when I try to race them they make a statement but we cant,its funny how the 5.0 made the mustang popular and most the cobra guys and mach 1' owners are cocky pricks thats why im saying this you came off and so did others so thats why I started quoting you, sorry if I used you as example but mach 1's owners alot of them its there "1st" mustang theve owned and they dont kno the history of what the 5.0 has done for mustangs :pop:

It started with your statement they NEED TONS OF POWER MODS, in Reality they really dont look around the web long enough from 1987-1994 you canfind 1,000's of lighlty bolt on 5.0's matching the mach 1's times with less power but = mods, so lets end this lol :beer:

SEE when you try to be funny and used personal attacks and words like "LOSER" and the highlighted head up my ars comemnts ect like that it shows you are 1 of them mach 1 owners, I'm not gonna personally attack you but your showing your true colors it all started with your comments then I quoted you and so on, the funny thing is you tryed to give me ricer math of trying to talk about gears and weight reduction as a power mod, its a mod not a power "mod"

and we kno about gears allowing the car to reach peak power blah blah, but the simple fact is neither weight reduction or gears show up on dyno for "power mods" its not like a cam or supercharger so please dont be a domestic ricer ricers do that with there lighter hoods and claim it gained them 10hp...

its ok I understand your godly 4 valve cars with 75hp jump stock vs a 5.0 with = power mods and running 12.3-12.4 and only diff is the mach is stock weight and fox has weight reduction it ='s out of it ask me 1 has more power and 1 is lighter (power to weight ration) with = "power mods" I understand when 4 valve guys get mad they lose to a old 80's shitbox...

If you could read and went by how it started before you even came to this thread page 1 I just offered some view to the OP of my friends foxbody vs my other friends bolt on mach1 and every other bolt on stock mach 1 he races he beats, I dont go by "joe smos" video on youtube or what I read on the interweb, I go by my own experience with my own 5.0 my friends 5.0 vs my friends mach something I kno for a fact Ive seen in person with my own eyes.

.and my friend is doing bracket racing hes trying to get low 12's high 11's out of a bone stock h/c/i 5.0 n/a car with basic mods to runthem times is impressive if you ask me for a 20 year old 5.0 that cost $1,500-$8,000 with just $2,000 mods tire gears bolt ons weight reduction and running deep in 12's soon to be 11's is more impressive then a newer $20k mustang with tech and same power mods that cost what $10-$20k to run 12's, its been done today with many new cars.. both cars have there high and low points. I love them all though!

And if you want I wil glady race my 5.0 vs any bolt on mach 1 and I will film it and show you what a well built n/a 5.0 can do against a n/a mach 1 or bolt on mach :)

So im done with you please dont personally attack me keep it on cars like we did, and please dont ever mention your ricer math, next your gonna tell me you did carbon fiber hood it made your car lighter faster so thats a "power mod" and next ur sticker was 10hp so its a "power mod" lol

BUT im done with you and CALM DOWN :lol::beer:

Take a chill pilll buddy lets end this were all mustang guys I love all mustangs, I love mach1's :banana:

THE END!!!!

Last edited:

GhostRiderblk

GhostRider
Established Member
I didn't know that. you Mach guys got it all figured out.

and some wonder when I say Mach1 owners crack me up.:shrug:

i agree a fox is the way to go if you want serious horse power and the weight. but dang new edge cars look good :coolman. but ive never had a whipple and never had 700 hp car im only 20 years old hopefully soon enough though. but i think the new edge mustangs and more street than fox's only cause of comfort honestly but those damn fox's fly... :bash: if i didnt think so i wouldnt of posted lol

GhostRiderblk

GhostRider
Established Member
well well well

So the giant MACH1 banner is the secret to there POWER?

GUESS WHAT YOU HAVE THE SAME UNIBODY AS US SO WERE BROTHERS FROM DIFFERENT MOTHERS. look in the mirror really and im not rich i made my money to take a loan out to get my mach idk where you said we were rich but justifying that. but the secret to the power is money. who ever has more always wins.

GhostRiderblk

GhostRider
Established Member
hmmm

[/B]

I love how I stopped with quotes with you, and just made a statement and quoted 2 other guys and in general to others, and yet you keep this going and quoted me again and rude personal comments not relatedto cars now...

Yep lol, I see tons tons of posts by "cobra and mach 1's "owners wit the " my car is better then yours ATTITUDE, and in person when I try to race them they make a statement but we cant,its funny how the 5.0 made the mustang popular and most the cobra guys and mach 1' owners are cocky pricks thats why im saying this you came off and so did others so thats why I started quoting you, sorry if I used you as example but mach 1's owners alot of them its there "1st" mustang theve owned and they dont kno the history of what the 5.0 has done for mustangs :pop:

It started with your statement they NEED TONS OF POWER MODS, in Reality they really dont look around the web long enough from 1987-1994 you canfind 1,000's of lighlty bolt on 5.0's matching the mach 1's times with less power but = mods, so lets end this lol :beer:

SEE when you try to be funny and used personal attacks and words like "LOSER" and the highlighted head up my ars comemnts ect like that it shows you are 1 of them mach 1 owners, I'm not gonna personally attack you but your showing your true colors it all started with your comments then I quoted you and so on, the funny thing is you tryed to give me ricer math of trying to talk about gears and weight reduction as a power mod, its a mod not a power "mod"

and we kno about gears allowing the car to reach peak power blah blah, but the simple fact is neither weight reduction or gears show up on dyno for "power mods" its not like a cam or supercharger so please dont be a domestic ricer ricers do that with there lighter hoods and claim it gained them 10hp...

its ok I understand your godly 4 valve cars with 75hp jump stock vs a 5.0 with = power mods and running 12.3-12.4 and only diff is the mach is stock weight and fox has weight reduction it ='s out of it ask me 1 has more power and 1 is lighter (power to weight ration) with = "power mods" I understand when 4 valve guys get mad they lose to a old 80's shitbox...

If you could read and went by how it started before you even came to this thread page 1 I just offered some view to the OP of my friends foxbody vs my other friends bolt on mach1 and every other bolt on stock mach 1 he races he beats, I dont go by "joe smos" video on youtube or what I read on the interweb, I go by my own experience with my own 5.0 my friends 5.0 vs my friends mach something I kno for a fact Ive seen in person with my own eyes.

.and my friend is doing bracket racing hes trying to get low 12's high 11's out of a bone stock h/c/i 5.0 n/a car with basic mods to runthem times is impressive if you ask me for a 20 year old 5.0 that cost $1,500-$8,000 with just $2,000 mods tire gears bolt ons weight reduction and running deep in 12's soon to be 11's is more impressive then a newer $20k mustang with tech and same power mods that cost what $10-$20k to run 12's, its been done today with many new cars.. both cars have there high and low points. I love them all though!

And if you want I wil glady race my 5.0 vs any bolt on mach 1 and I will film it and show you what a well built n/a 5.0 can do against a n/a mach 1 or bolt on mach :)

So im done with you please dont personally attack me keep it on cars like we did, and please dont ever mention your ricer math, next your gonna tell me you did carbon fiber hood it made your car lighter faster so thats a "power mod" and next ur sticker was 10hp so its a "power mod" lol

Take a chill pilll buddy lets end this were all mustang guys I love all mustangs, I love mach1's :banana:

THE END!!!!

what funny is the guy with the 5.0 called me out talking shit being cocky... hmm but i dont take that as everyone with a 5.0 is like that should judge people or mach owners like that. as for 5.0 history i believe stock they made 210 hp... so if you really want to race then screw mods stock for stock? and dynos prove nothing as for tracking weight and driver play issues in racing so DYNO NUMBERS are just numbers. cause a mach h/c/i vs 5.0 h/c/i would be i good race i dont even know why people call it bolt ons every thing is bolted on :shrug:

in 5.0 favor my bud had stock 5.0 stock bottom end suspension weight reduction e cam heads and 200 shot almost in 1's on slicks but still amazing.

anyways i just got done working on a heads cam lt1 today i am glad to own a ford WHAT A PITA!

STAMPEDE3

SAULS BROTHER
Super Moderator
Everyone take a pill.

This isn't SD nor do I intend on moving it.
So be carefull with the idiot comments.

Some may get a message later when I get time to go back through this headache of a thread again.

Fenixfire

Slower than ever
Established Member
[/B]

THE END!!!!

If you actually read back on your previous posts then you will see that you started the personal attacks against me and mach 1 owners in general.

Your logic of stating that I came off as a cocky prick is completely backwards and unfounded.

You also obviously know nothing about mustangs and their history at all. You state that most mach 1 owners are first time mustang owners which couldnt be further from the truth. Most mach 1 owners actually owned a mach 1 back in the late 60s and early 70s or they owned some other type of mustang. Considering that the mach 1 was not advertised by ford hardly at all and it was made in limited numbers the only ones that actually knew the car was being produced was the mustang community itself. Funny thing is that community is made up of people that actually own mustangs or have owned mustangs at one time.......go figure. These made up the majority of people that purchased mach 1s. If you ACTUALLY did any homework at all and visited the mach1registry you would know this to be true. At this point you are just running your mouth.

Apparently, according to your logic, all of us cobra owners and mach 1 owners owe our heritage to the 5.0. I guess in your universe they didnt start making mustangs till the 80s.

Now the 5.0 and the fox bodies do have a special place in mustang history but they are not the reason mustangs became popular. In case you forgot ill remind you that the first mustangs came out in 1964. Well before any 5.0 powered fox bodies. During that time Ford made alot of mustangs that all contribute to the rich heritage that is mustang history. The 5.0s are another chapter among chapters.

Your attempt at comparisons really shows how you have researched nothing because there is tons of misinformation in your posts.

Last edited:

mustangmanjeff

Established Member
If you actually read back on your previous posts then you will see that you started the personal attacks against me and mach 1 owners in general.

Your logic of stating that I came off as a cocky prick is completely backwards and unfounded.

You also obviously know nothing about mustangs and their history at all. You state that most mach 1 owners are first time mustang owners which couldnt be further from the truth. Most mach 1 owners actually owned a mach 1 back in the late 60s and early 70s or they owned some other type of mustang. Considering that the mach 1 was not advertised by ford hardly at all and it was made in limited numbers the only ones that actually knew the car was being produced was the mustang community itself. Funny thing is that community is made up of people that actually own mustangs or have owned mustangs at one time.......go figure. These made up the majority of people that purchased mach 1s. If you ACTUALLY did any homework at all and visited the mach1registry you would know this to be true. At this point you are just running your mouth.

Apparently, according to your logic, all of us cobra owners and mach 1 owners owe our heritage to the 5.0. I guess in your universe they didnt start making mustangs till the 80s.

Now the 5.0 and the fox bodies do have a special place in mustang history but they are not the reason mustangs became popular. In case you forgot ill remind you that the first mustangs came out in 1964. Well before any 5.0 powered fox bodies. During that time Ford made alot of mustangs that all contribute to the rich heritage that is mustang history. The 5.0s are another chapter among chapters.

Your attempt at comparisons really shows how you have researched nothing because there is tons of misinformation in your posts.

1. I kno the history of mustangs.I have owned 5 mustangs, I have dreamed of them since I was 5 years old...I own about 10 dvd's on history of them,I have tons of books so thanks for the history lesson cough like I dont kno...

2. sorry I used "mach 1" owners in general and quoted your 1 quote which was car related you used the word loser and head up my butt syndrom not car related which I did not :nonono: and this thread was about foxbody vs mach1, and ive seen how these threads go down being its svt site its mostly 4 valve cobra guys and mach1 owners, and alot of them guys like i used you as example have the attitude the gt's / 5.0's suck,all I did was quoted your 1 statemnt they need alot more mods,and I stated I can show you they dont , with my car and my friends 5.0 I can use for example my car vs built n/a mach 1 would both run same times with same mods, my friends fox with basic bolt ons runs 12.4 = to a well bolt on mach1. Again I dont go by joe blow's video or what I read on interweb, I go by my personal races with mach1's with my own 5.0 and my friends 5.0 vs my friends mach1 and every other mach 1 he has raced, and his car doesnt have much done to it and he can take down many mach1's with more or same mods,so thast why i quoted your quote I disagree with that.

3. trust me you dont kno me very well I piss ford blue,trust me im ford for life,I am kno by mustang guys around here is walking book of mustangs,trust me I kno alot about them..

4. again I dont go by joe smo on the interweb, I go by in person out of all the mach1 and 2003-2004 cobra owners and shelby owners, most of them in my Area did not own a mustang before that,most actually owned chevys and only bought mach1 because it was a reasonable price and had a 4 valve and fast for being n/a and most guys who buy shelbys are old rich guys or stuck up in there eyes they only think there car is better because it has shelby plasted all over it and its a cobra and new/newer,and alot of guys didnt like mustangs because they felt they are all slow stock which most are,trust me ive had this convo with tons of mustang owners,most bought the cobra because they lost to 1 and in there eyes it was the only mustang worth buying.

so thats my point alot of the owners dont kno shit about 5.0's,I run into guys all the time they will have a bone stock mach 1 or cobra and be total tool bags, I guess they are that dumb and dont kno the history of what a 5.0 can do, my point is 5.0 foxbody is best bang for your buck compared to newer mustangs newer ones cost more for mods and the car its self, older ones are vintage and parts are rare and cost more,esp shelbys,I just think some mach1 owners need a wake up call.

For example 2 guys I kno 1 had a 2001 camaro ss other had a 2001 corvette z06, they lost to my friends 2003 cobra @ the time they just came out it was 2002-2003, alot of them were in shock they had no idea ford made a supercharged cobra,now 1 owns a 2003 cobra black just like my friends he lost to, and the others exact words " mustangs are junk only mustang worth buying or I will own 1 day is a 2003-2004 or shelby, 4 valve is only way to go mustang shit t's (as he calls mustang gt's) or any other mustang is a slow pos"

^ That's why i made the statement about alot of them didnt own a mustang before,In my area alot of 2003-2004 mach 1 or 2003-2004 cobra or 2007+shelby owners are previous chevy or import guys who turned ford its there 1st mustang for that reason because ford finally started making faster stock mustangs since the 4 valve and cobras. so most have that attitude 5.0's are junk.

I hate to say it I meet alot of cocky mustang owners in "general" alot of them have the attitude if its not there mustang or its a gt its crap, esp if they have a better performing car/ cobra shelby mach1 4 valve etc.thats all i was stating..so sorry i used you as example of 1 of them.

So again lets get along were all mustang guys and I like mustangs, when my friend sold his azure blue mach 1 i was gonna buy it :thumbsup:

Last edited:

mustangmanjeff

Established Member
what funny is the guy with the 5.0 called me out talking shit being cocky... hmm but i dont take that as everyone with a 5.0 is like that should judge people or mach owners like that. as for 5.0 history i believe stock they made 210 hp... so if you really want to race then screw mods stock for stock? and dynos prove nothing as for tracking weight and driver play issues in racing so DYNO NUMBERS are just numbers. cause a mach h/c/i vs 5.0 h/c/i would be i good race i dont even know why people call it bolt ons every thing is bolted on :shrug:
in 5.0 favor my bud had stock 5.0 stock bottom end suspension weight reduction e cam heads and 200 shot almost in 1's on slicks but still amazing.
anyways i just got done working on a heads cam lt1 today i am glad to own a ford WHAT A PITA!

Yeah I agree in person I'M always waving greeting fellow stang owners and try to talk to mustang guys im quiet Im not cocky because my car isnt some 500hp car and theres always some 1 faster,and I just love all years of mustangs makes and models, and I kno where some people get the idea of not likeing mustang guys, I hate to say it I meet alot of cocky mustang owners alot of them have the attitude if its not there mustang or its a gt its crap, esp if they have a better performing car/ cobra shelby mach1 4 valve etc.thats all i was stating..

I agree dyno numbers are just numbers. and yeah when i just love when I run into other cocky mustang guys @ car shows we shoot the shit,ive had cocky 1's with stock newer mustangs with the new is good and old is crap attitude and run there mouth so then im down to smoke them then there worried and then ask what mods do I have, then im like

"To late now buddy, wanna see what a 360rwhp built n/a 3,100lb 95 gt can do against your godly stock 4 valve" lol

But yeah back on track I just wanted to give you point of view how the races went down with my friends fox vs a few mach1's.

Goodluck and I wanna see a video of the race :beer::rockon:

Last edited:

Stopsign32v

Established Member

I'm sorry but you are wrong. The 5.0 is a legend. It has been in movies, music videos, songs, police were named after it, police units drove them, the mustang "sound" came from them, the mustang aftermarket was born by them, so on and so on. You can ask damn near anyone in the United States and alot in other countries if they know what a Mustang 5.0 is and they will tell you yes. You can ask them if they know what a 2003-2003 Mach 1 is and they will look at you like you have 3 heads.

And before you say I am bias, I have a Mach 1 sitting outside in my driveway.

The Mach 1 is a great car, no doubt about that. But you and some other Mach 1 owners should come back to reality. :poke: And I'm not saying this because of the 5.0 comment I'm saying this because of the other stupid things that have been said.

Fenixfire

Slower than ever
Established Member
I'm sorry but you are wrong. The 5.0 is a legend. It has been in movies, music videos, songs, police were named after it, police units drove them, the mustang "sound" came from them, the mustang aftermarket was born by them, so on and so on. You can ask damn near anyone in the United States and alot in other countries if they know what a Mustang 5.0 is and they will tell you yes. You can ask them if they know what a 2003-2003 Mach 1 is and they will look at you like you have 3 heads.

And before you say I am bias, I have a Mach 1 sitting outside in my driveway.

The Mach 1 is a great car, no doubt about that. But you and some other Mach 1 owners should come back to reality. :poke: And I'm not saying this because of the 5.0 comment I'm saying this because of the other stupid things that have been said.

Come back to reality? Thanks for putting words in my mouth. :bash:

When did I ever say that an 03-04 mach 1 was more well known or popular than a 5.0? In fact I distinctly remember saying that ford did not advertise these cars hardly at all and that pretty much the mustang community itself were the only ones that really knew about them. Even now most people dont know much about these cars. Jeff being a perfect example of that. So you need to wake up and actually read once in awhile. :poke:

I also said that the 5.0 has a rich heritage and yes it was very popular. I even remember seeing an episode of cops where the officer yells over the loud speaker to a guy he is chasing that "I have a 5.0 buddy, you arent going to out run me." The cool thing is the guy just pulled over and gave up when he heard that. So I know all about it. The 5.0 is not the only mustang out there with all kinds of media paying homage to it.....That was happening long before the 5.0 was even thought of.

So I am not wrong, because what I am stating is the mustangs of today do not solely owe their existance to the 5.0. They owe their existance to the cobras, 5.0s, shelbys, mach 1s, bullitts etc. of the past. All of those previous mustangs played a huge part in what we have today. Its the reason Ford is bringing back all of the legendary names of the past. They brought back the bullitt, they brought back the mach 1, they brought back the shelby and now they are bringing back the 5.0. THATS what im saying.

So I dont know about what reality I need to come back to, because never have i stated the mach 1 was the greatest most popular mustang ever like you assume(and we all know what assume means). I never even implied that in any of my posts. So maybe you should think twice before YOU post something stupid.

Last edited:

whipplesnake

Established Member
but the secret to the power is money. who ever has more always wins.

The secret to power is knowledge. My 89 coupe has about $4500 into it total, including purchase price. It's a10sec car. It has beat a c6zo6 and a 600rwh gt500 from a roll. Last time I checked those cars cost more than $4500

I can tell you that the two fastest cars in this vid cost less than the slower ones

YouTube - mofobucs's Channel

Fenixfire

Slower than ever
Established Member
1. I kno the history of mustangs.I have owned 5 mustangs, I have dreamed of them since I was 5 years old...I own about 10 dvd's on history of them,I have tons of books so thanks for the history lesson cough like I dont kno...

2. sorry I used "mach 1" owners in general and quoted your 1 quote which was car related you used the word loser and head up my butt syndrom not car related which I did not :nonono: and this thread was about foxbody vs mach1, and ive seen how these threads go down being its svt site its mostly 4 valve cobra guys and mach1 owners, and alot of them guys like i used you as example have the attitude the gt's / 5.0's suck,all I did was quoted your 1 statemnt they need alot more mods,and I stated I can show you they dont my car and my friends 5.0 I can use for example my car vs built n/a mach 1 would both run same times with same mods, my friends fox with basic bolt ons runs 12.4 = to a well bolt on mach1. Again I dont go by joe blow's video or what I read on interweb, Igo by my person races with mach1's with my own 5.0 and my friends 5.0 vs my friends mach1 and every other mach 1 he has raced, and his car doesnt have much done to it and he can take down many mach1's with more or same mods,so thast why i quoted your quote I disagree with that.

3. trust me you dont kno me very well I piss ford blue,trust me im ford for life,I am kno by mustang guys around here is walking book of mustangs,trust me I kno alot about them..

4. again I dont go by joe smo on the interweb, I go by in person out of all the mach1 and 2003-2004 cobra owners and shelby owners, most of them in my Area did not own a mustang before that,most actually owned chevys and only bought mach1 because it was a reasonable price and had a 4 valve and fast for being n/a and most guys who buy shelbys are old rich guys or stuck up in there eyes they only think there car is better because it has shelby plasted all over it and its a cobra and new/newer,and alot of guys didnt like mustangs because they felt they are all slow stock which most are,trust me ive had this convo with tons of mustang owners,most bought the cobra because they lost to 1 and in there eyes it was the only mustang worth buying.

so thats my point alot of the owners dont kno shit about 5.0's,I run into guys all the time they will have a bone stock mach 1 or cobra and be total tool bags, I guess they are that dumb and dont kno the history of what a 5.0 can do, my point is 5.0 foxbody is best bang for your buck compared to newer mustangs newer ones cost more for mods and the car its self, older ones are vintage and parts are rare and cost more,esp shelbys,I just think some mach1 owners need a wake up call.

For example 2 guys I kno 1 had a 2001 camaro ss other had a 2001 corvette z06, they lost to my friends 2003 cobra @ the time they just came out it was 2002-2003, alot of them were in shock they had no idea ford made a supercharged cobra,now 1 owns a 2003 cobra black just like my friends he lost to, and the others exact words " mustangs are junk only mustang worth buying or I will own 1 day is a 2003-2004 or shelby, 4 valve is only way to go mustang shit t's (as he calls mustang gt's) or any other mustang is a slow pos"

^ That's why i made the statement about alot of them didnt own a mustang before,In my area alot of 2003-2004 mach 1 or 2003-2004 cobra or 2007+shelby owners are previous chevy or import guys who turned ford its there 1st mustang for that reason because ford finally started making faster stock mustangs since the 4 valve and cobras. so most have that attitude 5.0's are junk.

I hate to say it I meet alot of cocky mustang owners in "general" alot of them have the attitude if its not there mustang or its a gt its crap, esp if they have a better performing car/ cobra shelby mach1 4 valve etc.thats all i was stating..so sorry i used you as example of 1 of them.

So again lets get along were all mustang guys and I like mustangs, when my friend sold his azure blue mach 1 i was gonna buy it :thumbsup:

Ok first of all. I never called you a loser. See if you can find where I did. I did use the H.A.S. analogy. This was also after you insulted me by calling me a domestic ricer.

You keep saying things that you think I have said. For example, this statement right here that you just made in your above post: "and alot of them guys like i used you as example have the attitude the gt's / 5.0's suck".

When did I EVER say 5.0s or gts suck? Never, and nor do I think that. I think the 5.0 is a great platform. Im actually helping a friend find a 5.0 motor right now that he wants to build and stroke to drop into a sleeper and Im going to help him do it. If I thought the 5.0 sucked then Id be telling him to get something else like a mod motor. The fox bodies are also great mustangs because of being some of the lightest mustangs ever made and they are just outstanding drag platforms.

You see the only thing I DID DO was correct you on the fact that a minor bolt on 5.0 can hang with a mach 1. Does that mean I think the mach 1 is a better or superior car? No. We just saw a video of a bone stock mach putting car lengths on a modded 5.0 in this very thread. Bolt ons are considered to be just that, bolt ons. Such mods that fall into this category would be exhaust, intake, tires and gears. A cam, heads, nitrous or forced induction would not be considered a bolt on modification. I agree that a 5.0 can be made to be fast for alot cheaper than a mach 1 or any mod motor powered mustang for that matter. Mod motors are very expensive.

Now you used an example of your friend having only bolt ons and running 12.4s. Granted that is an impressive time and yes thats fast. The problem with your statement is that you seem to think weight reduction isnt a modification. You personally stated that his fox was gutted which takes out alot of weight. Where you were wrong was that you compared this bolt on only fox that was gutted to a bolt on only mach 1 with no weight reduction. You see how that isnt a fair comparison? I simply pointed that out to you and you got all pissy like I was attacking 5.0s/fox bodies for some reason and that they are all inferior to the mighty mach........I dont know how you got that, but whatever.

The old fox body 5.0s from the factory were not that fast by todays standards. Back then, yes they were. They all ran high 14s to low 15s out of the box. With exhaust, intake, gears and tires they could be made to run 13s. With some weight reduction they would run 12s. You start adding things like a cam, heads, etc and you have 11s or in some cases even 10s. Now correct me if I am wrong but I have never seen a foxbody with just intake, exhaust, gears and tires run a 12 at full stock weight. Maybe there are a few out there that I dont know about, but the majority of them in the 12s have more mods than that.

A manual mach 1 in the hands of a decent driver runs 13.0s-13.1s and there is even a recorded 12 second pass stock, but that is the exception and not the norm. However, all it takes for a mach 1 to consistently run 12s in the hands of a good driver is a set of sticky tires. So out of the box a mach 1 is quite abit faster than a foxbody 5.0. Does that make the 5.0 any less of a mustang? Absolutely not. Does that make my mach 1 a better car than your 5.0 foxbody? No. It just means its faster from the factory and it should be, because thats the beauty of progress. The real trick with the 5.0s is they really start to show their strength when you start adding things like nitrous, cam, forced induction, stroker or whatever. When they start making big power then their weight advantage really kicks in. Add to that the fact that pushrods are so much cheaper to mod than mod motors then you really start to see their advantages. Obviously the mach 1 has to start making alot more power to make up for the weight. That gets expensive real quick. While there are some 2700 lb mach 1s out there that are gutted they are very few because most people want to keep all the creature comforts and stuff, myself included.

The point is its easy to get a mach 1 into the 12s. 5.0s take alittle more effort. While I never said it takes TONS of mods to get them there I did say it takes alot more. I considered weight reduction(gutted car) and bolt ons to be "alot more". That being said, when you start getting into the motor of either of these cars its much cheaper to make power with the 5.0 than the mod motor.

Last edited:

stangposse

Established Member
Fox....no doubt. He's gonna pull on you immediately and you're not going to be able to catch him before the 1/4. (I'm assuming its not a GT with leather and sunroof)

Users who are viewing this thread