Mach 1 vs Fox Body

whipplesnake

Established Member
FENIXFIRE. what kind of times has your car run?

at least in the 11's right? with all these mods
2003 Azure Blue Mach 1 5spd w/ IUP
Mods:
Fully built mach motor(its got 7.5" pistons and an intaker, b!tches!!)
Cobra Fuel System
SVT Focus Pump
D&D Performance 3650
Eaton Swapped(intercooler, heat exchanger, everything)
FRPP 4.10 gears
MRT Off-road H pipe(new exhaust setup soon)
Pro 5.0 Short throw
476 rwhp 464 rwtq on 9 lbs of boost SAE Corrected
390 rwhp 380 rwtq at 7200 ft. density altitude(86 rwhp loss over sea level!!!!)
03 Cobra Front bumper/fog lights
Mach 1000 Audio
Fenixfire is offline Report Post
Vehicle: 2003 Mustang Mach 1 HP: 476 TQ: 464

Stopsign32v

Established Member
come back to reality? Thanks for putting words in my mouth. :bash:

When did i ever say that an 03-04 mach 1 was more well known or popular than a 5.0? In fact i distinctly remember saying that ford did not advertise these cars hardly at all and that pretty much the mustang community itself were the only ones that really knew about them. Even now most people dont know much about these cars. Jeff being a perfect example of that. So you need to wake up and actually read once in awhile. :poke:

I also said that the 5.0 has a rich heritage and yes it was very popular. I even remember seeing an episode of cops where the officer yells over the loud speaker to a guy he is chasing that "i have a 5.0 buddy, you arent going to out run me." the cool thing is the guy just pulled over and gave up when he heard that. So i know all about it. The 5.0 is not the only mustang out there with all kinds of media paying homage to it.....that was happening long before the 5.0 was even thought of.

So i am not wrong, because what i am stating is the mustangs of today do not solely owe their existance to the 5.0. They owe their existance to the cobras, 5.0s, shelbys, mach 1s, bullitts etc. Of the past. All of those previous mustangs played a huge part in what we have today. Its the reason ford is bringing back all of the legendary names of the past. They brought back the bullitt, they brought back the mach 1, they brought back the shelby and now they are bringing back the 5.0. Thats what im saying.

So i dont know about what reality i need to come back to, because never have i stated the mach 1 was the greatest most popular mustang ever like you assume(and we all know what assume means). I never even implied that in any of my posts. So maybe you should think twice before you post something stupid.

read

stopsign32v said:
but you and some other mach 1 owners should come back to reality. and i'm not saying this because of the 5.0 comment

Fenixfire

Slower than ever
Established Member
at least in the 11's right? with all these mods
2003 Azure Blue Mach 1 5spd w/ IUP
Mods:
Fully built mach motor(its got 7.5" pistons and an intaker, b!tches!!)
Cobra Fuel System
SVT Focus Pump
D&D Performance 3650
Eaton Swapped(intercooler, heat exchanger, everything)
FRPP 4.10 gears
MRT Off-road H pipe(new exhaust setup soon)
Pro 5.0 Short throw
476 rwhp 464 rwtq on 9 lbs of boost SAE Corrected
390 rwhp 380 rwtq at 7200 ft. density altitude(86 rwhp loss over sea level!!!!)
03 Cobra Front bumper/fog lights
Mach 1000 Audio
Fenixfire is offline Report Post
Vehicle: 2003 Mustang Mach 1 HP: 476 TQ: 464

Yes 11s. Hopefully low low 11s high 10s at this altitude. Once the rebuild is finished.......

Last edited:

Stopsign32v

Established Member
Yes I did read that, but I ignored it because I have no idea what you are referring to.

Who knows man. I'm drunk right now and Mach 1s and 5.0s kick ass! :rockon: Either one setup right will make the little boys with bowties cry. :cryying:

mustangmanjeff

Established Member
Refer to post number 57........

..Um if im not mistake that post #57 wasnt his car, he was useing that as example because that car had similar mods - the gt 40 heads, and the mach1 in the video claims to be stock, he already made it clear in post +1 the fox has a cam and gt40 heads and the mach has gears bolt ons etc, and the mach in video is stock and the fox in the video has a e cam and just bolt ons..heads can make a big diff in a race esp ported heads.. ask me how I kno look @ my numbers in my sig thats with a n/a 5.0 ;) ...lol:poke:

Last edited:

97cobraheaven

Established Member
yeah Stopsign! Enjoyin some Corona(just looked at the bottle to see if I spelled that right) myslef, and lets get back on topic and quit hating each other.

In the end, the mods on both cars will change. Mach will have gears, then the Fox will spray a small shot if he feels the Mach creepin up

99BlownVert

Established Member
I love 5.0's and Mach's, who cares which one is faster with bolt ons, they are both awesome cars....I do know that my mach 1 with 310whp will hold its own against any hci fox body as long as no weight reduction has been done, but I have owned both and a hci fox body compares very close to a 300-320whp bolt on mach 1

GhostRiderblk

GhostRider
Established Member
The secret to power is knowledge. My 89 coupe has about $4500 into it total, including purchase price. It's a10sec car. It has beat a c6zo6 and a 600rwh gt500 from a roll. Last time I checked those cars cost more than $4500

I can tell you that the two fastest cars in this vid cost less than the slower ones

YouTube - mofobucs's Channel

you may say that your little 4500 dollar mustang may beat a mustang gt500 with 600 hp but let me ask you if that mustang owner had a million dollars to spend on his mustang i guarantee he would beat you as well as the zo6. you can pay someone to do your work so knowledge doesn't play a factor in this world if you have lots of money. you can also pay for a big block and have 600 N/a. so you have a 7000 dollar 10 sec car but any one with money can cut that time in half.

GhostRiderblk

GhostRider
Established Member
..Um if im not mistake that post #57 wasnt his car, he was useing that as example because that car had similar mods - the gt 40 heads, and the mach1 in the video claims to be stock, he already made it clear in post +1 the fox has a cam and gt40 heads and the mach has gears bolt ons etc, and the mach in video is stock and the fox in the video has a e cam and just bolt ons..heads can make a big diff in a race esp ported heads.. ask me how I kno look @ my numbers in my sig thats with a n/a 5.0 ;) ...lol:poke:

Heads are everything on fox's

whipplesnake

Established Member
you may say that your little 4500 dollar mustang may beat a mustang gt500 with 600 hp but let me ask you if that mustang owner had a million dollars to spend on his mustang i guarantee he would beat you as well as the zo6. you can pay someone to do your work so knowledge doesn't play a factor in this world if you have lots of money. you can also pay for a big block and have 600 N/a. so you have a 7000 dollar 10 sec car but any one with money can cut that time in half.

:lol:
The only thing you can do with money, is pay some one with knowledge (which you clearly don't have) to make your car fast....Either way without the knowledge, no fast car.

need it

Established Member
im a fan too of both cars but a bolt on 5.0 and a bolt on 4.6 4v aren't in the same class..new technology wins end of story..a bored and stroked 5.0 is a different story, but bolt on to bolt on no comparison... i did the race already...

Fenixfire

Slower than ever
Established Member

I thought it was his race. I guess they havent raced yet?

Users who are viewing this thread