Mach 1 vs $ht box sti

Laztug

Established Member
:dw:You cant really be that butt hurt....
Stock mach and my sti should trap at about the same mph. Why are you so upset i let off at 90?! it wouldn't of gone any better for him at 104.
I do not have a wrx, my rice wagon is an sti.
AWD IS the end-all for bad drivers. Look what it did for me! I beat one STOCK mach 1 who had no chance of catching me in the 1/4 and enraged an army of stubborn mullet rocking v8 fan boys.
Even from a roll , brake boost will give the turbo car the advantage.

I am pretty sure there are a lot of machs that cant launch on street tires. But am sure you can take any stock Mach right now and cut better than a 1.7X on street tires and out 60 my sti right?!

Last edited:

Elwood617

Established Member
Stock mach and my sti should trap at about the same mph. Why are you so upset i let off at 90?! it wouldn't of gone any better for him at 104.
AWD IS the end-all for bad drivers. Look what it did for me! I beat one STOCK mach 1 who had no chance of catching me in the 1/4 and enraged an army of stubborn mullet rocking v8 fan boys.

I am pretty sure there are a lot of machs that cant launch on street tires. But am sure you can take any stock Mach right now and cut better than a 1.7X on street tires and out 60 my sti right?!

It's true, proper brake boosting is pretty awesome and makes for instant power. Is N/A guys have to just accept that fact, and that the Mach (for what ever reason) lost this race.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member

goddamn.

pooparu fanbois are the worst of the turbo 4cyl crowd.

I never told you what and how my buddies WRX had.......

Laztug

Established Member
goddamn.

pooparu fanbois are the worst of the turbo 4cyl crowd.

I never told you what and how my buddies WRX had.......

pooparu? I picked up this sti for a steal, i know nothing about the car. Its the only non v8 in the stable, not quite sure how that makes me apart of the 4cyl crowd.
Isnt the wrx n/a? It must of not had much if it got beat in second by a "tuned by ear" 4.6.:bored:

Last edited:

srt10ram

The Little 2v That Could
Established Member
Who's thinking Smack down?

Pooparu :lol1: I'm gonna have to start using that one.

Zemedici

Established Member
pooparu? I picked up this sti for a steal, i know nothing about the car. Its the only non v8 in the stable, not quite sure how that makes me apart of the 4cyl crowd.
Isnt the wrx n/a? It must of not had much if it got beat in second by a "tuned by ear" 4.6.:bored:

calls people 'stubborn mullet rocking v8 fanboys'

Owns more than one V8.

Makes sense.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member

umm no, Imprezas are n/a.

You're about as smart as most "stubborn mullet rocking v8 fan boys" if you didnt know that.

Buddies 06 WRX had a 20g snail on it, tuned by Gruppe-S in the bay area. My car was just driven well enough for it to not matter.

And you likely dont know the differences enough between STI and WRX to know how to argue against why the STi is, in some cases, not the best platform, so please spare me the "STI>WRX" banter. I used to roll with people that had more knowledge on these platforms in their pinky than you do in your entirety.

DSS

Established Member
20g turbo on wrx or sti is a about the most retarded and waste of money mod you can buy. It's a very laggy turbo that doesn't have more top end power than the sti factory turbo

There's a huge difference how a wrx and sti perform gearing and how the engine response to mod. Most subaru owners don't have a single clue how to mod a car. If your friend wrx is losing to a bolt on 02 gt by 2nd gear that car has issues or the driver just that sucks or both

A stock sti can run very low 13 and a hand full had dipped into 12.9 12.8. My personal best was 13.0xx @ hot ass 97 degree

Stock sti ends the 1/4 mile at low 100smph another 10 mph that mach will not catch up.

With the mod list that op has for his car it has a potential run mid 12s and rare low 12s

A very big percentage of subaru out there don't run very well. It takes more brains and work to have these cars to run well compared other platform. And just because it's awd, by no means the sti is easy to pilot on drag strip. Gearing on the Sti not suited for the drag strip. To hit 100mph you have be in 5th gear and to hit 60 mph you have to be 3rd gear just an example

Laztug

Established Member
Buddies 06 WRX had a 20g snail on it, tuned by Gruppe-S in the bay area. My car was just driven well enough for it to not matter.

I had no idea Subaru knowledge was stored in pinkies.
What was said WRX running with all of those mods? Don't tell us about it, show us! You must have an amazing collection of youtube vids / time slips. Show us how you would cut 1.4 60 foots in your sun dried Cokers.
I will be the first to tell you I know nothing about subarus. :D

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
Ho-lee Shett!

The amount of butthurt going in this thread over an STi opening up a can-o-woopass on a mach1 is ridonculous... Lol.

Where in Texas are you OP? I will look for you and I WILL find you! I shall unleash my mullet power v8 upon you.

T's03GT

#Team5bro
Established Member
My buddy, when he was just running the Cobb SF intake and Cobb OTS tune on his 2012 WRX, ran me in my 2v with an O/R X, mufflers and no tune from a 35 roll. I won by a fender. Sad. Very sad for his car. Excuses came flying. Now that he has full exhaust though, he would beat me easily bad. He has ran my buddies Mach with a TKO 600, O/R X, Blows, 4.10s, and tune and from a roll the WRX won by like a half car. Granted, the Mach couldn't shift past 5500 because of the TKO.

But still, pretty sad it couldn't even pull on my car.

Last edited:

SeikenFreak

2 Scoops
Established Member
Again, why are people even responding to this idiot?

I have both cars being discussed in this thread, though my STI is far from stock now, both of these cars are going to be similar either stock or with bolt-ons. Both are good cars. Who gives a shit about rolls and digs. Like what you want to like.

OP is an idiot troll. That "race" wasn't even a race. You are not going to open up a 8 car gap on two similar cars unless something went wrong or the driver didn't even know there was a race.

Such of waste of breath.

Laztug

Established Member
I had an STI following me while I was enjoying the Florida winter weather, I asked if he was modded to which he said "oh I'm modded alright". Didn't matter, everything factory for me besides exhaust and tune. Lol
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=oe1FelwrvCo

Nice kills! You did leave on the second honk that first race though. :D

Again, why are people even responding to this idiot?

I have both cars being discussed in this thread, though my STI is far from stock now, both of these cars are going to be similar either stock or with bolt-ons. Both are good cars. Who gives a shit about rolls and digs. Like what you want to like.

OP is an idiot troll. That "race" wasn't even a race. You are not going to open up a 8 car gap on two similar cars unless something went wrong or the driver didn't even know there was a race.

Such of waste of breath.

I am sure you are exhausted after that.
STI has full exhaust and a tune, mach 1 had atleast catbacks. advantage sti correct?
Let me try and understand why your butt is hurt. You think I went ALLL the way to africa, found a mach 1, asked him to follow me to a long stretch of road, had him agree to park his car next to mine while I honked the horn three times and asked him to wait there until i turned the camera off? riiiiiight.

Here is what no way in hell could of happened though.
I was driving the nice streets of africa, and came across a mach 1 who was clearing its tail pipes RIGHT next to my sti! I know what you are thinking. "nowai that can be true, nowai a mustang is going to rev at another vehicle.......and mustang week is full of responsible mustang drivers."
I had a few words with the driver of said mach 1 at a red light, and asked him to follow me to an isolated stretch of road I know will be pedestrian / African police free. When we arrived, I had my monkey of a camera man start filming the mach 1. We lined up, and at the sound of the third horn the driver of the mach probably got clutch happy and blew up his texas sun dried tires while the sti puts down a 1.7X 60-foot to 90mph.

Users who are viewing this thread