Mach 1 vs M3

Fenixfire

Slower than ever
Established Member
Lol, e46 M3 is unbeatable!! I just checked the curb weight. The mach is actually slightly lighter than an M3 so it doesnt have a weight advantage. Its also well known that the mach 1s were way underrated from the factory at 305 hp. They make 330+ hp which is the same as the M3s inline six. The biggest difference is that the mach has a 100 lb ft torque advantage over the M3. The machs v8 also has a better power curve than the M3s inline six. The machs suspension has stiffer front springs and softer rear springs geared toward better weight transfer which is meant for........you guessed it, drag racing! I dont deny that the M3 is a better balanced car and will out handle a mach any day of the week, but it will NOT out launch a mach 1. Sorry, but you are smoking pot in that regard.

So lets review........

Stock for stock...

Mach 1 has weight advantage
Mach 1 makes same whp as e46 M3
Mach 1 has huge torque advantage (roughly 100 lb ft.)
Mach 1 has better power curve
Mach 1 is geared more aggressively (3.37 1st gear + 3.55 rear gear)
Mach 1 has drag oriented suspension

but M3 will out launch and is faster than Mach 1? Sorry, but no........

M3 wins in the twisties, but in a straight line given equal drivers a mach 1 wins every time. Given the above facts its not even up for debate and the fact that you will try to debate it just makes you look silly and biased.

As I said before its still close enough to be a drivers race, because, lets be honest, there are some horrible drivers out there.

I have also personally raced an e46 M3 from a dig when I had a bone stock 04 Mach 1 manual. I had a car and ahalf on him out of the hole and kept pulling with a solid 3 cars on him by the time it was over.

If I still had that car, I would bet you a grand that I would have done the same to you. Sadly, I dont anymore and my current mach........well it wouldnt be very fair for you at all, Russianstang.

The mach 1 was built to go hard in a straight line and offer raw performance and power. The M3 was built to be a world class handler with poise and refinement.

Dont try to take away from what the mach was built for. The M3 is a much better car all around than the mach 1, but it also stickered for 20 grand more than the mach 1......so it should be.

Last edited:

xsellr8

BANNED
Established Member
Lol, e46 M3 is unbeatable!! I just checked the curb weight. The mach is actually slightly lighter than an M3 so it doesnt have a weight advantage. Its also well known that the mach 1s were way underrated from the factory at 305 hp. They make 330+ hp which is the same as the M3s inline six. The biggest difference is that the mach has a 100 lb ft torque advantage over the M3. The machs v8 also has a better power curve than the M3s inline six. The machs suspension has stiffer front springs and softer rear springs geared toward better weight transfer which is meant for........you guessed it, drag racing! I dont deny that the M3 is a better balanced car and will out handle a mach any day of the week, but it will NOT out launch a mach 1. Sorry, but you are smoking pot in that regard.

So lets review........

Stock for stock...

Mach 1 has weight advantage
Mach 1 makes same whp as e46 M3
Mach 1 has huge torque advantage (roughly 100 lb ft.)
Mach 1 has better power curve
Mach 1 is geared more aggressively (3.37 1st gear + 3.55 rear gear)
Mach 1 has drag oriented suspension

but M3 will out launch and is faster than Mach 1? Sorry, but no........

M3 wins in the twisties, but in a straight line given equal drivers a mach 1 wins every time. Given the above facts its not even up for debate and the fact that you will try to debate it just makes you look silly and biased.

As I said before its still close enough to be a drivers race, because, lets be honest, there are some horrible drivers out there.

I have also personally raced an e46 M3 from a dig when I had a bone stock 04 Mach 1 manual. I had a car and ahalf on him out of the hole and kept pulling with a solid 3 cars on him by the time it was over.

If I still had that car, I would bet you a grand that I would have done the same to you. Sadly, I dont anymore and my current mach........well it wouldnt be very fair for you at all, Russianstang.

Exactly. I can't believe these people don't know what torque means lol

Last edited:

kaz109

Established Member
Russianstang-........It was fenixfire who said the M3 was a V6 And as for the thread topic, the mach came out on top this time. The cars are so close in specs and times it comes down to the driver of each. At any time either one can pull away

Much respect though to track oriented M3 for keeping up with a drag oriented car when it is down displacement and cylinders!

xsellr8

BANNED
Established Member
Russianstang-........It was fenixfire who said the M3 was a V6 And as for the thread topic, the mach came out on top this time. The cars are so close in specs and times it comes down to the driver of each. At any time either one can pull away

Much respect though to track oriented M3 for keeping up with a drag oriented car when it is down displacement and cylinders!

That's true. The M3 is defiantly an over-achiever. It should be for the price difference.

Fenixfire

Slower than ever
Established Member

I know its an inline six, but force of habit just causes me to type v6 sometimes when im on a typing tangent.

Not taking into consideration the six in the M3 was a newer design to the aging 4v 4.6 (which also happened to be the last year of the motor).

xsellr8

BANNED
Established Member
Hahahahaha...yea it should perform better because it cost more..great logic

Yeah. Nothing wrong with that statement. Since you struggle at analogies and don't understand simple concepts, let me give you an example.
If I go to Hardy's and get a $2.50 hamburger, it might taste good and be a good value. If I go buy a $7 gourmet burger it better be higher quality. So it is with the M3- it better be good quality for spending $50,000 vs the Mach 1 coming in at $29,650. What part of that don't you understand? :bash:

Monster Mach

Established Member
Yeah. Nothing wrong with that statement. Since you struggle at analogies and don't understand simple concepts, let me give you an example.
If I go to Hardy's and get a $2.50 hamburger, it might taste good and be a good value. If I go buy a $7 gourmet burger it better be higher quality. So it is with the M3- it better be good quality for spending $50,000 vs the Mach 1 coming in at $29,650. What part of that don't you understand? :bash:

The part of the leather feels the same through my pants and the ride in a mustang is better for me because I can feel the road and counter steer more effectively. M3 has not a single thing I'd desire. It's a over priced pos. mod for mod the Mach is cheaper and quicker.

xsellr8

BANNED
Established Member
The part of the leather feels the same through my pants and the ride in a mustang is better for me because I can feel the road and counter steer more effectively. M3 has not a single thing I'd desire. It's a over priced pos. mod for mod the Mach is cheaper and quicker.

Same here! That's the only card they can play, and they play it hard. I've never had a quality issue with my Mustangs and I bet BMWs have far more issues and they're more expensive to fix when they happen. I love the leather in my Mach 1 and the suede in the Cobra. I'd much rather have these two cars than one European car...that's why I do.

BTW the smell of BMW's leather makes me want to hurl! I love the way my cars smells.

Last edited:

xsellr8

BANNED
Established Member
the car has 9k rpm and you could very easily be in a higher gear when you could shift lower. .

Now you're going to add 1,000 rpm to the redline? That's twice you've made crap up. Why don't you get your facts straight? I know it makes no torque, but you're confusing it with an S2000 lol

Last edited:

2KBlackGT

The Man, Myth, The Legend
Established Member
Now the M3 is a POS compared to a Mach, WTF? You Mach boys are getting a little carried away.

xsellr8

BANNED
Established Member
Now the M3 is a POS compared to a Mach, WTF? You Mach boys are getting a little carried away.

I wouldn't say that..it's a well engineered monster tuned by retired Nazi SS officers who know their shiz. I just think they over-play the quality card. I know you're on his side since your Charger is basically a Benz :banana:

Last edited:

kaz109

Established Member

lol..Dont take that away from them let them have it. The mach and svt line up are top notch top quality luxury coupes. :eek:

Users who are viewing this thread