Mach 1 vs the LS1

03ZincRcode

Established Member
2001stripper said:
For the Mach guys that said 290rwhp for the LS1's, where are you now????
Your own Ford mag dynoed an '02 LS1 @ 316.7 rwhp and 340.9 rwtq. It weighs 3411 lbs, which is about the same as the Mach. So just speaking from a scientific point of view, wouldn't Car A that makes ~35 more rwhp and a ton more torque be faster than Car B that weighs about the same but makes ~35 less rwhp and a lot less torque. Physics is such an exact science.

thats some pretty hefty numbers stock, but it goes back to what you said earlier, about the "factory freaks" out there. im sure there is a stock mach 1 somewhere out there that is putting down some killer numbers as well.

2001stripper

Established Member
03ZincRcode said:
thats some pretty hefty numbers stock, but it goes back to what you said earlier, about the "factory freaks" out there. im sure there is a stock mach 1 somewhere out there that is putting down some killer numbers as well.

You might be right, but one of these Mach freaks was never tested by MM & FF magazine let alone a Chevy magazine. :)

ScottsMach03

Established Member
2001stripper said:
You might be right, but one of these Mach freaks was never tested by MM & FF magazine let alone a Chevy magazine. :)

What issue was that? You mention fbody dynos 315 to the wheels, and you said a mach doesn't put that to the flywheel. I guess you never seen a stock mach dyno sheet. Stock machs dyno 280-290 to the wheels, add 15% for drivetrain lost and you will get around 340 to the flywheel. By the way you and akron boy related or something? Or are ya'll secretly in love and like to share bed buddy secrets. You two sure do seem to show up in all the same forums. Dont hate the mach bacause there fast, hate the ls1 because its slower. Like they say, speed kills, so dont drive a ford, if you want to live forever then drive a chevy.

ScottsMach03

Established Member
2001stripper said:

I guess you didn't see the issue where a bone stock mach drug your new 2004 gto with 350hp. MM&FF live and breath ford, the machs are in there every issue i get.

AkronCobra

Established Member
03azuremach said:
What issue was that? You mention fbody dynos 315 to the wheels, and you said a mach doesn't put that to the flywheel. I guess you never seen a stock mach dyno sheet. Stock machs dyno 280-290 to the wheels, add 15% for drivetrain lost and you will get around 340 to the flywheel. By the way you and akron boy related or something? Or are ya'll secretly in love and like to share bed buddy secrets. You two sure do seem to show up in all the same forums. Dont hate the mach bacause there fast, hate the ls1 because its slower. Like they say, speed kills, so dont drive a ford, if you want to live forever then drive a chevy.
Is that the best you can do? I wish you were in Ohio so we could double team that ferry Grabber Balls Blue slug you have. Whats the saying? Steeres and qurrees from Texas. Well I dont see any horns . Have a nice day.

2001stripper

Established Member
03azuremach said:
I guess you didn't see the issue where a bone stock mach drug your new 2004 gto with 350hp. MM&FF live and breath ford, the machs are in there every issue i get.

I did see that issue, but I'm not an advocate of the the GTO. They are overweight cavaliers that can't stack up to the f-bodies they replaced.

Shade04

Established Member
I don't know much about LS1 numbers, but I have never taken one lightly. I've seen them run anywhere between 13.1 and 14.2 stock. Like any car it takes a good driver to make it fast.

Funny how at the track I've never come across an LS1 owner I didn't like. Often times I get compliments on my car from them. :beer:

TR03Mach1

Black Snake
Established Member
I'm not really impressed by any LS1 or LS2, quite frankly. Dyno numbers really don't mean a whole lot either, it's who can get the power they've got to the pavement more effeciently. My experiences say the Mach 1 does it best.

Last edited:

ScottsMach03

Established Member
AkronCobra said:
Is that the best you can do? I wish you were in Ohio so we could double team that ferry Grabber Balls Blue slug you have. Whats the saying? Steeres and qurrees from Texas. Well I dont see any horns . Have a nice day.

Is that ALL YOU GOT, atleast i was origional. And look, you two show up again at the same time, like Batman and Robbin. I bet ya'll both wear tights. Slug? Man you have no ideal what you are talking about. You need to go back to chevy, you dont deserve that cobra you have. And when you talk, try to learn how to spell, makes you look stupid when you midspell words. I guess you cant help that. LOL "Have a nice day" you talk like you just burned somebody. Your weak. Get educated fool, before you speak.

FockyouBradnGio

Mustangs = Gay

machone said:
I can pull a bit on my buddies 00 ss with lid and catback as long as we go from a stop or slow roll. Ive also takin a c5 from a dig up to about 70. After that tho i see tail lights.

Dude, Mustangs suck I hate you. My car would kick your ass any day. It's a 2000 Ford Focus (stock and base model). :loser: :rockon:

2001stripper

Established Member
TR03Mach1 said:
I'm not really impressed by any LS1 or LS2, quite frankly. Dyno numbers really don't mean a whole lot either, it's who can get the power they've got to the pavement more effeciently. My experiences say the Mach 1 does it best.

You have a very impressive stock 1/4 mile time (13.19 @ 105.57). Much better than the mid-high 13's that I see around here. I give credit where credit is do. It is, however, still behind my stock time (13.05 @ 110.11). :thumbsup:

Last edited:

2001stripper

Established Member
03azuremach said:
Is that ALL YOU GOT, atleast i was origional. And look, you two show up again at the same time, like Batman and Robbin. I bet ya'll both wear tights. Slug? Man you have no ideal what you are talking about. You need to go back to chevy, you dont deserve that cobra you have. And when you talk, try to learn how to spell, makes you look stupid when you midspell words. I guess you cant help that. LOL "Have a nice day" you talk like you just burned somebody. Your weak. Get educated fool, before you speak.

Am I Batman and akroncobra is Robin or is it the other way around? So does that make you the Penquin who whaddles around like he was just ana@#$
abused......much like your mach.

WhiteTxMach

Established Member
2001stripper said:
Am I Batman and akroncobra is Robin or is it the other way around? So does that make you the Penquin who whaddles around like he was just ana@#$
abused......much like your mach.
Your stupid, that is all. :loser:

WhiteTxMach

Established Member
2001stripper said:
Is you're job done over here too? Bet you make another post over here too
:loser:

Actually, I will gladly continue to harrass you over here. These are Mach related discussions in here. Better learn what you can while your in here toolbag. :sleeping:

Users who are viewing this thread