Made a little mistake

Siscakidd

Livin the dream
Established Member
Had the wrong tip in my pressure washer and I cut thur my passenger side rocker stripe,can anyone tell me the best place to find a replacement ,they are sonic blue,if they with black or white I would just go to my local graphic shop and have them made.i can't believe I made such a dumb move

bpmurr

Established Member
Had the wrong tip in my pressure washer and I cut thur my passenger side rocker stripe,can anyone tell me the best place to find a replacement ,they are sonic blue,if they with black or white I would just go to my local graphic shop and have them made.i can't believe I made such a dumb move

http://parts.autonationfordwhitebearlake.com/

Formally Tousely Ford and they have good pricing.

5.8 Venom

Established Member
Have you tried a search yet? I know there was a thread not too long ago (2-3 months) about 13/14 stripes. Someone posted the schematics with the stipe part #'s.

Siscakidd

Livin the dream
Established Member
I feel for you bro, but dammit man.. a pressure washer on your Shelby?

Yes I use a foam lance to suds the car,and a big gentle fan tip to rinse.... Which my son switched to wash his 4 wheeler and I did not notice till it was to late.
63e61d551bec0a52f943f7c1426d707a_zps0a7d47c9.jpg

Softballer77

Established Member
I did the same exact thing trying to get burned rubber off. Ended up ordering from Ford at the dealer. Had to get the whole side. Was around $180 or so. Lot of people told me of other places/prices, but to me I wanted to MAKE SURE it matched. I put it on myself and looks good as it did from the factory.

Made me sick when it happened. Was just glad you can't even tell it now. A bit tedious though.

Siscakidd

Livin the dream
Established Member
I did the same exact thing trying to get burned rubber off. Ended up ordering from Ford at the dealer. Had to get the whole side. Was around $180 or so. Lot of people told me of other places/prices, but to me I wanted to MAKE SURE it matched. I put it on myself and looks good as it did from the factory.

Made me sick when it happened. Was just glad you can't even tell it now. A bit tedious though.
Well when you make a dumb mistake you should have to pay the price,I will gladly pay the $$$$ to make sure it's right,still can't believe I did it.

Softballer77

Established Member
Well when you make a dumb mistake you should have to pay the price,I will gladly pay the $$$$ to make sure it's right,still can't believe I did it.

Don't be so hard on yourself. You learned just like I did. Wasn't like it happened due to negligence. You just tried to care too much for her! ;) We all can relate to that one!

Get it fixed and she'll be good as new.

MovingZen

And I'm on my way!
Established Member
Yes I use a foam lance to suds the car,and a big gentle fan tip to rinse.... Which my son switched to wash his 4 wheeler and I did not notice till it was to late.
63e61d551bec0a52f943f7c1426d707a_zps0a7d47c9.jpg
Ahh.. I see now. I use one of these for about the same result -
41xHkev4GdL._SX466_.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/Gilmour-95QGFMR-Foamaster-Cleaning-Sprayer/dp/B000Y190WE/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1406209741&sr=8-3&keywords=foam+gun

It's great for foaming but the nozzle sucks for rinsing. I usually have to switch over to an adjustable nozzle to get a good rinse.

Users who are viewing this thread