Made some rear bump stop relocation brackets

DavidHasselhoff

WHYUMAD
Established Member
I'll more than likely purchase this kit in a few weeks. So I have to remove the bracket you show in that pic & install this relocation kit & I can fit a 12" rim & some 335s in the rear? Or is there more to it than that? Just making sure I'm not getting ymself into a PIA of a project.

ZOMBEAST

Killed by Death
Established Member
I'll more than likely purchase this kit in a few weeks. So I have to remove the bracket you show in that pic & install this relocation kit & I can fit a 12" rim & some 335s in the rear? Or is there more to it than that? Just making sure I'm not getting ymself into a PIA of a project.

If you want 12" wide, I'm pretty sure you'll need to stick with a 20" wheel. RobertM is running 325's on his 20x12's.

breoland

Established Member
If you want 12" wide, I'm pretty sure you'll need to stick with a 20" wheel. RobertM is running 325's on his 20x12's.

Yeap, 20in wheel widen to 12in and it need to be a wheel that the offset pushes the wheel closer to the fender lip...example alcoa supersnake wheel. Also the rear needs to be centered perfectly so that there will be no rubbing issues on the inside or out

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
To ALL who are widening Alcoa's to the wider sizes, 11-3/4" - 12"...................

Remember, there are some who have had contact and were unable to resolve the issue.

I believe (and this is just my opinion) that when these inner bodies are jigged for welding, there are some variations. This may be why some are having more trouble than others when fitting these larger tires.

Some of the guys felt that only going to 11-3/4" would pull the tire in 1/8" on the outside and inside, and that would help for clearance, and then others, like myself are doing fine with 12's.

The only reason I bring this up is because a lot of $$$ can be spent (waisted) in a hurry if there is contact that can not be resolved without spending a pile of $$$ again to undo/redo the widening and/or buying different tires.

I'm not telling anyone to change their plans, just don't blame me if it doesn't work out!!!!!

R

Last edited:

ZOMBEAST

Killed by Death
Established Member
Yeap, 20in wheel widen to 12in and it need to be a wheel that the offset pushes the wheel closer to the fender lip...example alcoa supersnake wheel. Also the rear needs to be centered perfectly so that there will be no rubbing issues on the inside or out

You can also run an 18 x 11.5" wheel, with a backspacing of 8.75" max. I'm not sure what an 18 x 12 would look like with the same backspacing.

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
I'm glad you tried that out. Now I can send my 9" Alcoas out to be widened instead of the 10's. Thanks for validating the 10's work up front.

My brackets arrived last week as well.

You're welcome^^^^.

I just had to know, 10's on the front were where I wanted to be if at all possible. The tire choice is going to be key. A narrower 275 will be too small on a 10" rim, but one that runs wider fits nicely.

If I had CC plates, I think I could get a 285 on the front. The option there would be to use a 315/30 R888 on the rear and a matching 285 on the front, however, the wet weather traction could be a factor with the R888, but on dry pavement..........:thumbsup:

R

FoMoCo408

2010 GT500
Established Member
First job yup. Cleaned it up nicely since.

Your bump stops are not working! The tires are clearly rubbing so I would think the bump stop bracket is flexing now and is not quite enough. If they were bumping the frame as they would with this new location your tires will most likely not rub any longer.

zporta

KB INSIDE
Established Member
i gotta thank zombeast for this kit! i got mine about two weeks ago but with other projects i have been doing i just had time today to install them.

So i got a spot weld cutter to remove all the welds and went to town
stock bumpstop bracket removed
7c341c19.jpg

a little rubberized undercoating
1b978247.jpg

relocation bracket installed
b46be787.jpg

Final product
24cf1d70.jpg

ZOMBEAST

Killed by Death
Established Member
i gotta thank zombeast for this kit! i got mine about two weeks ago but with other projects i have been doing i just had time today to install them.

24cf1d70.jpg

Looks good! Now you're ready for some big ass wheels and tires.

Just need to flip those brackets over so the large hole is under the rubber bumpstop.

ZOMBEAST

Killed by Death
Established Member
A few guys out there on the fence about these that I've been communicating with.

I've only got 4 sets left. Probably 3 weeks to restock them.

EDIT: ONE SET LEFT!

Last edited:

evasive

Pro 2A Attorney
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
What spotweld remover did you use?

Users who are viewing this thread