Made some rear bump stop relocation brackets

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
I have a picture of yours also.............

4.jpg

R

First job yup. Cleaned it up nicely since.

ZOMBEAST

Killed by Death
Established Member
Just waiting on the final price from machinist. The design was tweaked slightly, causing the delay. I'll let you guys know as soon as I have a price. Should have some in hand ready to ship by early next week.

ZOMBEAST

Killed by Death
Established Member
OK guys,

First batch of kits will ship next week.

Bumpstop relocation kit comes with one pair of unpainted brackets, one pair of OEM Torx screws (for extra hole), one pair of stainless washers, and one pair of stainless nylon locking nuts.

Decided on unpainted to keep cost down.

Everyone that expressed an interest has been sent a pm. If anyone else is interested just drop me a pm.

Since I'm not a paid vender, and I don't want to anger the site owner or admins, I may wind up listing these on eBay in the future. Price would be higher to cover listing/selling fees. eBay id is derookie.

I should have some new pics of the kits by this weekend.

Mike

Last edited:

ZOMBEAST

Killed by Death
Established Member
Bumpstop relocation kit:
bskit.jpg

Pic with jack under driver's side trying to compress as much as possible with FRPP springs.
Be sure to install the bumpstop on the plate with the large hole directly under it so air
can escape during compression.
bs2.jpg

Pic from rear with actual load height using FRPP springs.
bs3.jpg

These are $80.00 shipped to U.S (Add $7.00 for shipping to Canada)

Last edited:

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
Bumpstop relocation kit:
bskit.jpg

Pic with jack under driver's side trying to compress as much as possible with FRPP springs.
bs2.jpg

bs3.jpg

Can't wait to see mine.

Thanks Mike! :thumbsup:

R

evasive

Pro 2A Attorney
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Looking forward to installing them. Hopefully sending off my Alcoas to be widened soon.

ZOMBEAST

Killed by Death
Established Member
Some of you guys that have lowering springs like myself may choose to cut the first nub off the stock bumpstop or you can run the Eibach bumpstops on the right. I picked up the Eibach bumpstops p/n BS45001617 from Summit for $9.00 each. You only get the rubber piece. You just remove the stock rubber (this is tough to do, might have to cut is out) and pop in the new one. It's my understanding that these bumpstops are the same ones used in the Eibach sportline kits.
BumpStops-001.jpg

BTW, all kits shipped today.

Last edited:

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
Hopefully sending off my Alcoas to be widened soon.

I just finished my Alcoa project. I ended up using the 10's on the front with 275's and the rears are widened to 12" with 325/30's. It is tight, but it works. Many people sent their 10's out to be widened, but I researched if they could in fact be used on the front so that the front tire size (foot print) could also be upgraded.............

026.jpg

R

DMotorsports

Established Member
Ok, got mine in the mail today, and there's no installation instructions. What gives? I want a full refund! :cuss:

J/k. These things look great, very professional indeed. Hopefully I'll find time to put them on today or tomorrow. Thanks for taking the time to design the brackets and having them fabricated. :beer:

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
Bumpstop relocation kit:
bskit.jpg

bs2.jpg

bs3.jpg

Got mine yesterday. Nice, very nice! :thumbsup:

Thanks.

R

ZOMBEAST

Killed by Death
Established Member
Thanks for the props guys!

Just for clarification:

This is the bracket which I had removed. You can see where my wheel had scraped.

bigbsbracket.jpg

Here's a pic of the bumpstop in the stock location with the above bracket removed. You can see how it is now useless.

bs4.jpg

Still have a few kits left.

evasive

Pro 2A Attorney
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
I just finished my Alcoa project. I ended up using the 10's on the front with 275's and the rears are widened to 12" with 325/30's. It is tight, but it works. Many people sent their 10's out to be widened, but I researched if they could in fact be used on the front so that the front tire size (foot print) could also be upgraded.............

R

I'm glad you tried that out. Now I can send my 9" Alcoas out to be widened instead of the 10's. Thanks for validating the 10's work up front.

My brackets arrived last week as well.

ZOMBEAST

Killed by Death
Established Member
Some of you guys that have lowering springs like myself may choose to cut the first nub off the stock bumpstop or you can run the Eibach bumpstops on the right. I picked up the Eibach bumpstops p/n BS45001617 from Summit for $9.00 each. You only get the rubber piece. You just remove the stock rubber (this is tough to do, might have to cut is out) and pop in the new one. It's my understanding that these bumpstops are the same ones used in the Eibach sportline kits.
BumpStops-001.jpg

I decided to just trim the stock bumpstops instead of using the Eibach bumpstops for now.

bs5.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread