Mailman That wont deliiver!!

NastyNate420

Established Member
SO I live on a culdesac and are about 5-6 houses on it. The driveway is steep and I cant get my car in it so It has to stay on the street. I split the difference between mine and the neighbors mailbox and park there. I usually drive the jeep to work so the car jus sits there. Well the mail lady doesnt deliver the mail half the time and left note saying that had to have 30' clear around the mailbox. What does she want me to do ??? block the neighbors mailbox?!? I saw her out there yesterday disgusted she had to put the truck in reverse to leave the mailbox. After looking up the rules it looks like I dont have a leg to stand on. Anyone else have this problem? I tempted to call the post master and suggesting a community mailbox for the how culdesac. Anyone have any ideas?? Im sure my neighbors gonna be mad if i start getting her mail service interrupted. What is a neighbor kept blocking your box ......I mean what control do you have over them ?!? ....

Torch10th

I make hits
Established Member
What about getting a PO box for yourself and having your mail sent there. Pick it up once or twice a week. That way you could park your car directly in front of your box.

Dsg-shaker

American Slothstronaut!
Established Member
SO I live on a culdesac and are about 5-6 houses on it. The driveway is steep and I cant get my car in it so It has to stay on the street. I split the difference between mine and the neighbors mailbox and park there. I usually drive the jeep to work so the car jus sits there. Well the mail lady doesnt deliver the mail half the time and left note saying that had to have 30' clear around the mailbox. What does she want me to do ??? block the neighbors mailbox?!? I saw her out there yesterday disgusted she had to put the truck in reverse to leave the mailbox. After looking up the rules it looks like I dont have a leg to stand on. Anyone else have this problem? I tempted to call the post master and suggesting a community mailbox for the how culdesac. Anyone have any ideas?? Im sure my neighbors gonna be mad if i start getting her mail service interrupted. What is a neighbor kept blocking your box ......I mean what control do you have over them ?!? ....
Community mail boxed suck, since you don't drive your car much I'd just get it up in the driveway and leave the jeep on the street. You say you don't drive it much anyways. I live in a court as well, our mail lady doesn't care and usually parks at one side and walked from one end of the court to the other. Or you know, park it in a spot that isn't in the way?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

NastyNate420

Established Member
Yeah the car is lower cant make it up the driveway. If i parked anywhere else its pretty much blocking a neighbors mail box. The plan is to make the garage bigger and repave the drive but thats not in the near future.

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
#1stworldproblems

Park in front of your driveway.
or
Get air ride.

oldmodman

Established Member
No suggestion for you. My area (Los Angeles) all the mailboxes are on our porch and the mail is delivered there.

The only thing that prevents mail from being delivered is a loose dog running around. And all the mail deliveries are made on foot. The mail (woman) drives the mail truck to the middle of the block, gets out, and walks to each building and put the mail in the box.

It seems that every area has different rules.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
Does your driveway look like this? J/K :D You could rent a concrete grinder and take it down in the places where it might make contact.

19Homes-2.jpg

NastyNate420

Established Member
I drive the car everyday .... just not to work! Maybe I can ask the neighbor if I could use his driveway to back up in to park on the grass on the side of my garage. My driveway is steep but it also has a bit of a hump in the center. So even if I could get up the ramp to begin with the exhaust would scrape like crazy on the hump in the center. I usually dont mind that much about the mail because it usually bills but my parts didnt get delivered today! I also noticed that the neighbor has a bball hoop between our driveways that prevents the mail lady from making a direct path across the 2 driveways. Might try to relocate that.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
I drive the car everyday .... just not to work! Maybe I can ask the neighbor if I could use his driveway to back up in to park on the grass on the side of my garage. My driveway is steep but it also has a bit of a hump in the center. So even if I could get up the ramp to begin with the exhaust would scrape like crazy on the hump in the center. I usually dont mind that much about the mail because it usually bills but my parts didnt get delivered today! I also noticed that the neighbor has a bball hoop between our driveways that prevents the mail lady from making a direct path across the 2 driveways. Might try to relocate that.

FWIW, you could rent a concrete grinder and take that hump/bump down...Homedepot, Sunbelt rentals etc...

rotor_powerd

Established Member
Premium Member
Raise your car, move, or deal with it. Our mailbox is a mile from our house so if a package doesn't fit in our mailbox, I have to go to the post office the next day to get it. It's a pain in the ass but rules are rules.

Blown 89

Established Member
Does your driveway look like this? J/K :D You could rent a concrete grinder and take it down in the places where it might make contact.

19Homes-2.jpg
You see a lot of that in Arizona due to flood zones. There are quite a few businesses that I visit on a weekly basis that I can't get the V past the entrances.

Users who are viewing this thread