Mailman That wont deliiver!!

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
That is just flat out lazy. They are looking for an excuse not to deliver imho.

My mail-man/lady is awful. Packs way too much stuff in our community mailbox. They have damaged a couple of our packages from over stuffing our mailbox. We even had a package or two that was just slightly too large to fit, and you can see they still tried to make it fit as one side of the box was damaged from trying to shove it in. There are even the large package boxes they can use, but refuse to.

We check our mail almost every day, too. Not very often we don't so its not like we aren't doing our part.

TOPLESS_SVT

Established Member
ive seen a circumstances if the cul de sac is big enought park in the middle of the circle
people are still able to leave their driveways and vehicles are able to drive around the your car

just gotta worry about it being hit a bit more than on the side of the street

MovingZen

And I'm on my way!
Established Member
Being lowered and getting in and out of the driveway is exactly why my car ended up bagged. It rides better, it handles better, and I park it in the garage every night. chicken dinner.

Zemedici

Established Member
so confused why ANYONE would get machinery to hack at their driveway when you could get a PO box and solve all the woes.

Hell I've thought about getting one myself. And I live in an apartment

Coiled03

Established Member
so confused why ANYONE would get machinery to hack at their driveway when you could get a PO box and solve all the woes.

Depends on where the PO Box is located. If it's an out-of-the-way drive to get to, it's not much better than the current situation, just a different problem.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member

I would hardly call it hacking up the driveway, especially if there is a raised hump in the middle of the driveway...Using a concrete grinder is a legitimate fix to this issue.

Zemedici

Established Member
I would hardly call it hacking up the driveway, especially if there is a raised hump in the middle of the driveway...Using a concrete grinder is a legitimate fix to this issue.

ohhhhh from the OP I'd figure it was a driveway like the one posted above. Touche sir.

of course I live in the city and have 3 Post offices within 10 miles of me

96 cobra

Established Member
Get ventvisors for the mustang, crack open the window and have her just use your car as the actual mailbox :beer:

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
ohhhhh from the OP I'd figure it was a driveway like the one posted above. Touche sir.

of course I live in the city and have 3 Post offices within 10 miles of me

LOL, all good...Hell if he had that driveway he would need his head examined for buying that house :D

NastyNate420

Established Member
Id rather not go with a po box .....more annoying to have to go get my mail. Damn mail lady forcing me to expedite my 3 car garage dreams. As if I dont have enough to keep me busy already but I do need a place to work on the car at since the garage is a single car and full of junk! Im hoping to get it started in the spring. I moved the bball hoop and that should allow for her to kinda swing her rear end into the driveway before she pulls up to the mailbox thus avoiding going in reverse to avoid my car. Im also going to require a signature on small packages that way she has to come up to the door to deliver them. The rest of the mail is most junk so who cares.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
Does your driveway look like this? J/K :D You could rent a concrete grinder and take it down in the places where it might make contact.
19Homes-2.jpg

HA HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Sounds like you're in a pickle. I'm pretty sure the mailbox has to have a clear area or they will not deliver.
Can you put your car in storage till you build a garage? Or is that too costly? Maybe rent out a neighbor's space?
Good luck!

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
If you haven't talked to your postmaster yet, you need to. 30' sound absurd. Seriously? See what the PM has to say before you go any further (like paying for a PO Box). Possible that the carrier is ill-informed.

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
Not to sound like a ass, but this is your deal. Either fix your car or drive so you can park it in the driveway.

L8APEX

*Turbo Not to Scale
Established Member
Premium Member
How about getting a bucket and some cement just pull your mailbox out of the ground and remount the post in the bucket filled with cement... moving mailbox?

Sent from my SM-N930T using Tapatalk

FourSixPony

SLO GT
Established Member
I've seen some really lazy mail delivery people.. I work out in the neighborhoods and sometimes have to park kind of close to mailboxes, have no choice.. And the looks I get sometimes are terrible, I've had them give me looks and skip the mailboxes all together, I've had them sit and wait for me to leave so they don't have to get out of their vehicle to put the mail in the mailbox, and I've had them get out and put the mail in the mailbox and give me nasty looks and slam the hell out of their door. Sacred domain of theirs, stay out!

NastyNate420

Established Member
Not to sound like a ass, but this is your deal. Either fix your car or drive so you can park it in the driveway.

There has already been other option tossed out there. I DONT want to park my car in the driveway. I dont want my vehicle blocked in by other cars. single car driveway is a PITA. I park the jeep on the grass on the side of the garage and I can pretty much get that outta anywhere. Once I widen the driveway and build a garage that will change. Beside she only delivers the mail sometimes... there are other mailmen that do my route and dont mind getting outta the vehicle. If she want to keep my mail in her truck she can go right ahead. Like I said its TONS of ADS and junk mail scattered with a few bills. I will call the Post master eventually and find out what the real deal is and talk to the mail lady and see what she suggests. .. The letter i got in the mail had a drawing and i believe it say 30'. def said some absurd amount of distance that not possible in the culdesac. I do like the idea of a moiving mail box....or maybe I could jus move it to where the bball hoop was. its like 2 ft of curbing but there is a telephone pole. That might work though!!!

NastyNate420

Established Member
I've seen some really lazy mail delivery people.. I work out in the neighborhoods and sometimes have to park kind of close to mailboxes, have no choice.. And the looks I get sometimes are terrible, I've had them give me looks and skip the mailboxes all together, I've had them sit and wait for me to leave so they don't have to get out of their vehicle to put the mail in the mailbox, and I've had them get out and put the mail in the mailbox and give me nasty looks and slam the hell out of their door. Sacred domain of theirs, stay out!

From what ive read is that mailmen that are on "driving" route arent allowed to get outta their vehicle or even go in reverse. Supposedly if they get hurt doing those things they could get fired. but then again is sounds like the postmaster has final say on the matter.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
There could be a safety issue, Nate, but 30 feet clearance? That sounds ludicrous. I could understand maybe 15'. Most current mail delivery vehicles are around 14' long. can't be more than 10' long. With the truck pulled up to your mailbox there's about a 50/50 split, front and rear. So maybe 8' of truck forward of his mail box. The driver shouldn't need 22' of space to get around his car. :dw: JMO.

Users who are viewing this thread