Mailman That wont deliiver!!

NastyNate420

Established Member
There could be a safety issue, Nate, but 30 feet clearance? That sounds ludicrous. I could understand maybe 15'. Most current mail delivery vehicles are around 14' long. can't be more than 10' long. With the truck pulled up to your mailbox there's about a 50/50 split, front and rear. So maybe 8' of truck forward of his mail box. The driver shouldn't need 22' of space to get around his car. :dw: JMO.

I hear you on that!

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Nate, but of course we're talking about a government business, so all normal logic is out the window. So the USPS requiring 30' (or even 50') shouldn't surprise me. LOL.

STAMPEDE3

SAULS BROTHER
Super Moderator
I DONT want to park my car in the driveway. I dont want my vehicle blocked in by other cars. single car driveway is a PITA.

I understand but read what you posted again.
Because you DON'T WANT to do something you want someone else to do something they DON'T WANT to do?
Or even by rules maybe they are not supposed to do?

Get a P.O. box. but wait, you DON't want to do that either.

As I see it you don't have a whole lot of choices man but I'd be curious to see what the postmaster has to say.

D1SC_GT

Banned
I am a letter carrier for the USPS and this "rule" doesn't exist. Call your local post office, ask for a SUPERVISOR, ask what route your house belongs to, asks who the carrier for that route is and tell them about the situation. A lot of carriers are lazy AF and will refuse to get out of the truck.

Also, there are 3 types of deliveries recognized by the USPS.
1. NBU's (neighborhood box units - customer drives to box unit and uses a key)
2. Curbside - mail truck drives alongside a mailbox located on the street
3. Park & Loop - mailman parks and walks door-to-door

There are NO rules that would not allow a carrier to exit the vehicle OR put it in reverse.

Last edited:

D1SC_GT

Banned
Also, dont bother trying to call the postmaster. They have a LOT of other more important things that they are working on. 99% of the time you wont even be able to get in contact with them, the remaining 0.1% they couldnt care less about it and nothing will be done. Contact your local station and ask for a supervisor.

Kevins89notch

Established Member
I'm almost more confused why you need mail. Amazon comes to my doorstep. The...mail? Oh, you mean the junk I throw away every week when I empty that box?

Vigilante

Established Member
I don't know if this has been mentioned, but what about moving the mail box to a more convenient location? My old mail box was being attacked by termites and leaning at a 45 degree angle and everyday I still got my junkmail. When I built the new mailbox I moved it a couple feet over and never saw a change in delivery status.

cj428mach

Established Member
so confused why ANYONE would get machinery to hack at their driveway when you could get a PO box and solve all the woes.

Hell I've thought about getting one myself. And I live in an apartment

1 time cost > reoccurring annual fee

OP might be time to have a little heart to heart with this lazy mail delivery person and threaten to throw them in the oven. Some people on planet earth don't understand the newer Romance languages that we speak in the Jersey state.

Drive XR7

NE Ohio's Fastest
Established Member
I would never park my Cobra in the street. It just seems crazy to me that you have to do this because it's too low. Raise the car or get airbags.

LD5050

37OH55V
Established Member
[video=youtube;6xP75qj3nTU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6xP75qj3nTU[/video]

Last edited:

kevinatfms

Ex-Ford/Kia/Hyundai Tech
Established Member
Premium Member
So this scenario has just happened multiple times for my wife and i plus a few neighbors. Get something sent as a package through USPS 2 day or 3 day. On the day the package is suppose to be delivered the online tracking states it was delivered at 10:00am. When i get home i check the mail box to find the mail but without the package. I check back online and find it still states it was delivered at 10:00am. Next day i come home and am sitting at my computer when i look outside to find the mailman delivering the package that he was suppose to deliver the day before.

I dont care when i get it but am quite confused as to why he scans the label to say its delivered but then doesnt put it in the mailbox or leave it at the door? This has happened 10-15 times in the last 6 months. Same mailman every time. Other companies will update their tracking system if the package gets delayed in transit or if the driver didnt have enough time to deliver every package on the truck. USPS just doesnt give a shit about the information they are providing.

I know, I know....first world problems.

Users who are viewing this thread