Making a murder 2

IronSnake

Beers for the boys
Established Member
The question wasn't asking HOW his dna or other identifying marks ended up on her car but rather, why. Perhaps I missed it on the various documentaries surrounding this man but I didn't see where she was taking her car to him for repairs or maintenance. She was apprehensive going to his place for her job but did she also go to him as a mechanic?

I'm not sure it's on record or not, I think you'd have to be heavily tied into it and not dependent upon a documentary. Regardless, the amount of times i've helped people at work on their cars when I'm not an advertised mechanic, or even professionally a mechanic, is staggering. I just know cars, so when someone goes "I have a weird noise, think you can listen to it?" I say sure, walk out, open the hood and give it a listen.

His DNA on a hood latch shouldn't be admissible as it's completely irrelevant to the context of the case. Touching a persons hood latch or vehicle shouldn't implicate you for murder, much less make you a suspect. I guarantee there's 20 people's worth of DNA under the hood of that car from sweat.

SolarYellow

Sensei
Established Member
Premium Member
I'm not sure it's on record or not, I think you'd have to be heavily tied into it and not dependent upon a documentary. Regardless, the amount of times i've helped people at work on their cars when I'm not an advertised mechanic, or even professionally a mechanic, is staggering. I just know cars, so when someone goes "I have a weird noise, think you can listen to it?" I say sure, walk out, open the hood and give it a listen.

Again, so I am clear, you are talking about the car of the photographer, yes? Your relation with people you work asking for your shade tree skills is reasonable and plausible.

Unless there is documented proof that she allowed a man (whom she thought was weird and unsettling) to work on her car, what logical reason could exist for his dna on a hood latch other than touching her car after she was dead? Perhaps you believe in coincidence. What I would further ask is how long would DNA last in a rough environment (under the hood) before it deteriorates?

IronSnake

Beers for the boys
Established Member
Again, so I am clear, you are talking about the car of the photographer, yes? Your relation with people you work asking for your shade tree skills is reasonable and plausible.

Unless there is documented proof that she allowed a man (whom she thought was weird and unsettling) to work on her car, what logical reason could exist for his dna on a hood latch other than touching her car after she was dead? Perhaps you believe in coincidence. What I would further ask is how long would DNA last in a rough environment (under the hood) before it deteriorates?

All very valid concerns. I'm not a forensics investigator let alone a lawyer. But to me it seems to be a logical place for it to be located given his background. It's one thing if they found his sweat DNA on her refrigerator or a cup in her kitchen, but you're talking about a place that is plausible he'd touch. Perhaps she was unsettled/didn't care for him after he looked at her car? It's all spit balling at this point. But it's not exactly a "slam dunk" piece of evidence they made it out to be in the show.

It was the equivalent of finding his sweat DNA on the counter of the restaurant she works at. It's not a situation only made available by murdering her.

RX1Cobra

Established Member
A women I work with is from that area. She is 100% convinced that he did it and she said so is everyone in the town. I don't know if he did it or not but seems like he was getting convicted no matter what.

Zemedici

Established Member
A women I work with is from that area. She is 100% convinced that he did it and she said so is everyone in the town. I don't know if he did it or not but seems like he was getting convicted no matter what.

do they know the guy as a scumbag or what? The 1st season just depicted him as a lone weirdo. Not dangerous, just an oddball.

RX1Cobra

Established Member
do they know the guy as a scumbag or what? The 1st season just depicted him as a lone weirdo. Not dangerous, just an oddball.

He's seen as a scumbug and not just some weirdo. It was crazy to me how matter of fact she said that he did it. Like there was absolutely 0 chance it was anyone else. Even had no remorse for the cousin.

Was a little taken back because she's super nice and never says a bad word about anyone.

Brutal Metal

Established Member
My comment about her car is real, because of all the people i'd expect to understand context of sweat on a hood latch, it would be SVTp'rs.

All things considered, if you open the hood, it's usually hot. I'd expect sweat, and if you're leaning over the hood working on something, you're liable to put sweat on the latch/front of the car from either leaning on it or it falling off your person.

It's an incredibly idiotic piece of evidence considering his background at the scrap yard.
Watch episode 3 that sweat transfer is utter BS and Zellner's DNA experts make that piece of evidence utterly useless and false.

Brutal Metal

Established Member

. I guarantee there's 20 people's worth of DNA under the hood of that car from sweat.[/QUOTE]
Actually there was NO other DNA, the experts theorized bleach was rubbed on the latch the rid it of all other DNA. And the amount of sample from Avery was impossible. Did you see the test where they had 15 other people open the hood of a Rav4 and touch the latch? Only 4 produced DNA and the samples where ultra micro compared to the hit they got on Avery's DNA. Pretty clear that evidence was planted.

Brutal Metal

Established Member
Did you watch episode 3?

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member
FYI the first season was total bullshit if you actually do some research. The “documentary” crew certainly had an axe to grind and an agenda. They omitted tons of facts and evidence and ensured to skew perception.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Zemedici

Established Member
FYI the first season was total bullshit if you actually do some research. The “documentary” crew certainly had an axe to grind and an agenda. They omitted tons of facts and evidence and ensured to skew perception.

well goddamit corbic. Nothing like shitting on our picnic.

Brutal Metal

Established Member

Yeah the douche bag prosecutor said facts were omitted but he didn't provide them to refute anything. How about Zellner's crew research? How about the burn barrel and the expert on bodies burned by fire who said it's impossible to get the results the prosecution got from an open pit fire?

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member
Yeah the douche bag prosecutor said facts were omitted but he didn't provide them to refute anything. How about Zellner's crew research? How about the burn barrel and the expert on bodies burned by fire who said it's impossible to get the results the prosecution got from an open pit fire?

Jet fuel also can’t melt steal beams and bring down skyscrapers.

Google, YouTube, Infowars....

There is so much info out there about the case and how guilty Avery is.

Just like when you hear stats about innocent people in prison or on death row. 99% of those are not “innocent” but are arguably guilty of a lesser crime or part of the crime but potentially not the “trigger man”.

Brutal Metal

Established Member
Jet fuel also can’t melt steal beams and bring down skyscrapers.

Google, YouTube, Infowars....

There is so much info out there about the case and how guilty Avery is.

Just like when you hear stats about innocent people in prison or on death row. 99% of those are not “innocent” but are arguably guilty of a lesser crime or part of the crime but potentially not the “trigger man”.
Have you watched all the episodes of season 2? You still feel this way? And sorry ever since Alex Jones said his show is just entertainment during his divorce proceedings I give that guy ZERO credibilty and I used to watch it daily..

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member
Have you watched all the episodes of season 2? You still feel this way? And sorry ever since Alex Jones said his show is just entertainment during his divorce proceedings I give that guy ZERO credibilty and I used to watch it daily..

No idea on Alex Jones’ opinion of the case. Just listed Infowars as a counter to Google.

Seriously, dude did it.

My Ex was all about crime stuff, podcasts and all that. The entire community railed hard against this series. Just because it’s on Netflix doesn’t make it true, honest or unbiased. I encourage you to do some research of your own and not take their version as gospel.

Saying Avery is a innocent victim is as valid a conclusion as Jews hired homeless black men to highjack the airplanes on 911 and the CIA has planted explosives in the towers. This was all done to take Iran’s oil...

Users who are viewing this thread