Making side scoops functional...

ModularMax

Fast Cars & Freedom
Established Member
is there a kit or a guide to make the side scoops funtional

feel;s so rice when somethings there only for looks if not i might be the first cobra im aware of to take them off

G2Mach1

Cameltosis
Established Member
I too am not a fan of our un-functional side scoops. However If you take them off, there will be a hefty amount of work to be done to fill the voids/holes in the sheet metal then have repainted... I think the Bullitt side scoops are smaller and less slapped-on looking.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I do like those Bullitt side scoops. Very subtle and have more of a molded in look.

Bullitt.jpg

racebronco2

Established Member
My buddy is fabricator and made his 02 gt side scoops functional. It takes a lot of work but they now cool the rear brakes.

I have several friends that race in AI and AIX and they said the scoops don't get enough air for cooling the brakes. They usually use a fan mounted on the inside of the car to get fresh air for the dif coolers.

ShelbyGuy

Steers With the Throttle
Established Member
Eating a steady diet of government cheese, and liv
the scoop doesnt stick out far enough past the boundary layer to scoop in air

you're better off replacing the quarter glass with lexan and a naca duct

or, if you really want rear brake cooling, run the ductwork under the irs and pick up the air from underneath. most of us will never need cooler rear brakes...even the road course nuts among us...

Last edited:

Tractionless1

Established Member
There is a local guy who has hoses running from the side scoops to a Fluidyne rad. in the trunk with twin fans attached to it. It's his heat exchanger. I saw the car again today and he was talking about how his IAT2's are 150*. Doesn't seem to be doing much better than a FMHE and nowhere near a KC.

Users who are viewing this thread