MANLEY or LIVERNOIS VALVE SPRING -WHICH ONES ARE BETTER FOR COMP STAGE 3 CAMS

03dsgsnake

Established Member
Pulling the trigger and getting Comp cams # XE274BH-116 Part # 10460, my concern is that ive heard not to go with their springs. I am either going Livernois or Manley and want to know what people are using, and if i can get the right part # i would greatly appreciate it , Thank you:rockon:

Last edited:

Sitnlopro99gt

Established Member
I am running livernois, no issues. I had contemplated the same when I did my stage II's. Goodluck.

ctgreddy

Established Member
livernois makes some nice stuff, I would go with them. what's the price on the livernois stuff?

03dsgsnake

Established Member
I am running livernois, no issues. I had contemplated the same when I did my stage II's. Goodluck.
Thanks

livernois makes some nice stuff, I would go with them. what's the price on the livernois stuff?
4.6L 4-Valve Modular Performance Valve Springs

Price:

$359.99

SKU:

LPP33464V-32

Brand:

Livernois

Weight:

8.00 LBS

Shipping:

Calculated at checkout

Quantity:

Last edited:

hotford

Established Member
Livernois valve springs are the cheaper alternative.........I know for a fact that to fit the factory retainer the top of the valve spring are clearanced to fit....in other words they grind them to sit onto the spring properly............I know as I have them.........

T-Pain808

I Love Asian Girls!!!
Established Member
I have neither, but you ever broke a vavle spring? Dont go cheap.

Last edited:

Andy@Livernois

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
I have neither, but you ever broke a vavle spring? Dont go cheap.

There is a vast difference between affordable and cheap. we buy them straight from a spring manufacturer and they were designed to our exact specifications. They are 100% USA made and we have used them for years without seeing a single failure. One of our employees had them in his car for a good 8-9 years shifting at 8500rpm with 30+ lbs of boost on top of them without a single hiccup in performance.

ruthless

Turbo Terminator and TVS Terminator Vert
Established Member
There is a vast difference between affordable and cheap. we buy them straight from a spring manufacturer and they were designed to our exact specifications. They are 100% USA made and we have used them for years without seeing a single failure. One of our employees had them in his car for a good 8-9 years shifting at 8500rpm with 30+ lbs of boost on top of them without a single hiccup in performance.

Thats good and all but some specs for them would help everyone including you guys selling them. The main reason some of the cam companies dont want bothered with them is because there is no info on them anywhere. Heck I had to junk a new set just because I went with custom Bullet cams for my 4v engine and when I asked if they would work, every one I talked to just shruged their shoulders and then said pull them out and stick a set of Manley 221434 springs in there. Yes I called you guys first and still didnt get very far.

So if you have the specs please post them up. Also let us know if there has been any changes to them over the years or if they are alll the same.

Also what retainers and locks are used on your 4.6 heads that come with these springs?

Last edited:

Andy@Livernois

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Thats good and all but some specs for them would help everyone including you guys selling them. The main reason some of the cam companies dont want bothered with them is because there is no info on them anywhere. Heck I had to junk a new set just because I went with custom Bullet cams for my 4v engine and when I asked if they would work, every one I talked to just shruged their shoulders and then said pull them out and stick a set of Manley 221434 springs in there. Yes I called you guys first and still didnt get very far.

So if you have the specs please post them up. Also let us know if there has been any changes to them over the years or if they are alll the same.

Also what retainers and locks are used on your 4.6 heads that come with these springs?

I will need to get the specifications on pressures for you, but I know on our heads we use stock locks and retainers. We offer a titanium upgrade for those who would like it, but as standard we use the stock retainers and locks.

Parts-is-Parts

Established Member
I broke an Intake Spring last year (Livernois) with GT cams but I think it was just a fluke.

I know they have changed suppliers since then.
My .02

ruthless

Turbo Terminator and TVS Terminator Vert
Established Member
I will need to get the specifications on pressures for you, but I know on our heads we use stock locks and retainers. We offer a titanium upgrade for those who would like it, but as standard we use the stock retainers and locks.

Thank you for looking into providing us with more info on your springs.

hotford

Established Member
I had a intake spring brake on my mauarder, lucky for me it didn't drop the valve: still made me nervous to think if I had a bad batch of springs.............

04torchred

Established Member
We had a spring break also on my brothers livernois heads with livernois springs, made a big mess. 300kms of run time if that. comp cams with 230/232 duration and 0.495" lift, cams were spec'd by John Tymensky before he closed down shop.

We have the newer version of springs from livernois now and they are working good thus far.

Modular Racing

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
The Manley springs are a great choice, we have been using them for 15+ years without a singe failure, we have had issues with the comps and so no longer suggest them. We use the Manley's in our current Pro-Mod and Outlaw team cars beyond 9000RPM , the MMR Pro Mod car has run over 241MPH with them in the 1/4 mile. They feature 100% US material and winding and best of all they can handle up to .525 lift which is more than any currently on the market. They have 95lbs seat pressure and 260lbs open pressure when installed at the factory IH.

For those interested in the Manley springs we will beat all advertised prices on them so please let us know if we can help!

Happy Holidays guys!

MMR
1-877-MOD-POWR

NMCA%20MMR.jpg

NMCA%20MMR.jpg

Last edited:

hotford

Established Member
We had a spring break also on my brothers livernois heads with livernois springs, made a big mess. 300kms of run time if that. comp cams with 230/232 duration and 0.495" lift, cams were spec'd by John Tymensky before he closed down shop.

We have the newer version of springs from livernois now and they are working good thus far.

ya well maybe same quality...as I have the newer set in my MM that had one fail.......sum it up to....shit happens.....got lucky this time as just the spring broke and the valve didnt drop....

Users who are viewing this thread