Marysville Dyno... Saturday, April 22nd

CharlieCobra03

Established Member
MPS is usually the only place I dyno. Hey! Have you seen a DSG '03 up there in Bellingham lately? The guy that bought my crazy assed car was supposed to live up there.

Cobra_03

If it dont go, chrome it.
Established Member
CharlieCobra03 said:
MPS is usually the only place I dyno. Hey! Have you seen a DSG '03 up there in Bellingham lately? The guy that bought my crazy assed car was supposed to live up there.

Oh no way!!? I haven't seen it yet? I think I know pretty much everyone that has a Cobra in Bellingham too! haha. I wanted your car soo bad. When I heard it was for sale I thought about trading my cobra for yours haha! Whoever has it now has a sick car!!! :rockon: So how is the Chevelle treating you? I can never get enough of the sound of a true BB!! If you guys have another Dyno day you'll have to drive it up!

Don't know it you have talked to Tim latley but last time I talked to him he was getting ready to build up a motor for a twin turbo setup on his mustang. he was saying well over 1000hp! He will probably spray it too! haha crazy mofo's!
Hope to see you guys soon! -Todd

MyFordsFly

Established Member
CharlieCobra03 said:

Its always good to find a place you trust. Tyler and Tim are good guys and they totally deserve your loyalty. Im still hoping we can give an SVT dyno day another try though. I feel really bad (not to mention a little embarassed) that the dyno picked that particular time to have an issue.

E.J.

CharlieCobra03

Established Member
As I said before, shit happens. Yeah, I've been going to MPS for over two years now, nice guys. EJ, I hope ya get another shot at the SVT Dyno session too. I still hope to get the 'Velle up soon for another session and to settle some scores after dark. I need to go out with some paint to mark some new tracks.

CharlieCobra03

Established Member
Cobra_03 said:
Oh no way!!? I haven't seen it yet? I think I know pretty much everyone that has a Cobra in Bellingham too! haha. I wanted your car soo bad. When I heard it was for sale I thought about trading my cobra for yours haha! Whoever has it now has a sick car!!! :rockon: So how is the Chevelle treating you? I can never get enough of the sound of a true BB!! If you guys have another Dyno day you'll have to drive it up!

Don't know it you have talked to Tim latley but last time I talked to him he was getting ready to build up a motor for a twin turbo setup on his mustang. he was saying well over 1000hp! He will probably spray it too! haha crazy mofo's!
Hope to see you guys soon! -Todd

The Brute feels as quick as the Snake did but with a much better short time. I owe Will another run when she's back up 'cause the last one was plain ugly. Hmm, spray, thinking about a 300 shot for mine actually.

saleen09

Slow A$$ Kenne Bell Cobra
Established Member
I am VERY eager for Charlie and I to line them back up when I actually have some decent tread on my DR's........

Our last encounter was nothing more than Charlie showing off the Chevelle's ass to me.....LOL

MyFordsFly

Established Member
saleen09 said:
I am VERY eager for Charlie and I to line them back up when I actually have some decent tread on my DR's........

Our last encounter was nothing more than Charlie showing off the Chevelle's ass to me.....LOL

Wow Will, hangin out in my neck of the woods AND getting beat by a Chevy?

Joe5.0

Established Member
MyFordsFly said:
Wow Will, hangin out in my neck of the woods AND getting beat by a Chevy?

Charlies Chevelle is one bad car. Mad props to will and his cobra. I havent seen the chevelle yet. You should post up a pic Charlie...

MyFordsFly

Established Member
Joe5.0 said:
Charlies Chevelle is one bad car. Mad props to will and his cobra. I havent seen the chevelle yet. You should post up a pic Charlie...

I dont at all doubt it. Considering he sold his cobra. I just wanted to give Will some s**t.

Last edited:

Tylerb59

Established Member
So ...

I'm not going to bother with a picture but we (thanks Rick) found the problem ...

When the intercooler pump fuse blew, the charge of air got warm (was somewhere around 158F IAT2) and the car started pulling timing up top (at or around 4k rpm). It'd hold at 110mph while already struggling to get up there.

Two runs go by trying to figure out the problem and on the third after replacing the fuse (thanks Mark!) it ran 11.8 still feeling a bit sluggish. Fourth run it really started to fall on it's face and ran a 12.0 ... on the way home it got worse and worse ...

The spark plug blew a chunk off and became side gapped. That's why through lower throttle applications and rpms the car would run decent enough until past 4k RPM and WOT. The spark was blowing out and running on 7 cylinders ... exactly what I was hinting towards (remarking it felt like it wasn't on all 8) and fortunately it was just cylinder #3.

Rick went for a ride in the car and pretty much pinpointed it, next day I had them changed out with another set of NGK TR6 @ .030

Thanks again. The car pulls like a summa bish and eager to get back out to the track and blow by that 11.8 BS.

11.5 - 6 @ 122 perhaps? Here's to a good launch ...

Last edited:

MyFordsFly

Established Member
Tylerb59 said:
So ...

I'm not going to bother with a picture but we (thanks Rick) found the problem ...

When the intercooler pump fuse blew, the charge of air got warm (was somewhere around 158F IAT2) and the car started pulling timing up top (at or around 4k rpm). It'd hold at 110mph while already struggling to get up there.

Two runs go by trying to figure out the problem and on the third after replacing the fuse (thanks Mark!) it ran 11.8 still feeling a bit sluggish. Fourth run it really started to fall on it's face and ran a 12.0 ... on the way home it got worse and worse ...

The spark plug blew a chunk off and became side gapped. That's why through lower throttle applications and rpms the car would run decent enough until past 4k RPM and WOT. The spark was blowing out and running on 7 cylinders ... exactly what I was hinting towards (remarking it felt like it wasn't on all 8) and fortunately it was just cylinder #3.

Rick went for a ride in the car and pretty much pinpointed it, next day I had them changed out with another set of NGK TR6 @ .030

Thanks again. The car pulls like a summa bish and eager to get back out to the track and blow by that 11.8 BS.

Cool, glad you got it all figured out. :thumbsup:

AJC-05GT

Established Member
saleen09 said:
Cool. There's a Black 05/06 GT running around Marysville that I have a "small" grudge with and would LOVE to settle. Sounds like I need to keep looking.... :)

I havent raced anyone yet... since I bought the 05 :rollseyes
as for my car - I doubt it will compete with a s/c cobra ... I am ordering a Whipple this week ... once its installed then the 05 might give a respectable showing. Problem is I cant afford to build the engine so I have to keep it around 430-450rwhp

Joe5.0

Established Member
Tylerb59 said:
So ...

No doubt in my Mind. What clutch is in there?

CharlieCobra03

Established Member
Joe5.0 said:

When I get it back running I'll see if I can get one wheels up for ya. I may need a looser stall for that though.

Users who are viewing this thread