Marysville Dyno... Saturday, April 22nd

Tylerb59

Established Member
Well ... After fixing the blown intercooler pump fuse I ran a 11.8 @ 118 (1.8) into a strong headwind. The wind drag was very apparent after 100mph in the top end of the track. Everyone was trapping slower. Back in August this car trapped @ 122.

The last run I cut 1.7 60' but the car felt like a dog and it continued to pull timing up top and ran a 12.0 @ 116. The IAT2 is ~125F after fixing the pump so I'm not sure what the problem is.

On the way home the whole car has been chugging, making some noises like it's pulling timing and it vibrates a bit. I'm concerned.

Last edited:

MyFordsFly

Established Member
Tylerb59 said:
Well ... After fixing the blown intercooler pump fuse I ran a 11.8 @ 118 (1.8) into a strong headwind. The wind drag was very apparent after 100mph in the top end of the track. Everyone was trapping slower. Back in August this car trapped @ 122.

The last run I cut 1.7 60' but the car felt like a dog and it continued to pull timing up top and ran a 12.0 @ 116. The IAT2 is ~125F after fixing the pump so I'm not sure what the problem is.

On the way home the whole car has been chugging, making some noises like it's pulling timing and it vibrates a bit. I'm concerned.

Damn Tyler Im sorry to hear that. I hope its nothing serious. Doesnt sound like anybody had a good day Sat.

E.J.

MyFordsFly

Established Member
Joe5.0 said:

Yep, such wonderful timing. I mean it couldnt have done this when we were dynoing one car or one of our own cars or something, nooo :cuss:. What had happened was a module that controls the solenoid that sends compressed air to the brake went out. This happened a few years ago I guess and they had said this part thats on there now was an upgrade and shouldnt have a problem.
So much for that. Anyway the part should be ordered today and we should be up and running soon. Hopefully we can try to do this again sometime.

E.J.

AJC-05GT

Established Member
I wouldnt have been able to play since my toy was in the shop getting dropped 1-1/2 inches. I always planned to dyno the car but I have never dynod my 05 gt. I am curious what I have with the mods I have done. Once the dyno is fixed and a dyno day is planned I would be interested in joining in. I live in marysville and have never bothered to go down to the south end of town to dyno my car.

saleen09

Slow A$$ Kenne Bell Cobra
Established Member
AJC-05GT said:
I wouldnt have been able to play since my toy was in the shop getting dropped 1-1/2 inches. I always planned to dyno the car but I have never dynod my 05 gt. I am curious what I have with the mods I have done. Once the dyno is fixed and a dyno day is planned I would be interested in joining in. I live in marysville and have never bothered to go down to the south end of town to dyno my car.

You wouldn't happen to have aftermarket polished wheels would you? Think I've seen you around.

AJC-05GT

Established Member
I have the stock rims - but 255/50 r17 tires
17" bright machined cast aluminum.. I havent made the swap to an 18 rim..yet.

cosmetically the only difference to a stock black gt and mine is : there is No front license plate on my ride, it has side mirror inserts, has different exhaust tips and its lowered now, but being lowered is probably not obvious to the casual observer who isnt used to looking at an 05-06 every day.

saleen09

Slow A$$ Kenne Bell Cobra
Established Member
Cool. There's a Black 05/06 GT running around Marysville that I have a "small" grudge with and would LOVE to settle. Sounds like I need to keep looking.... :)

Users who are viewing this thread