Mass shooting at Florida high school

blk02edge

Established Member
Just because some cop didnt jump in the action doesn't mean your average person wont. There are simply people who have the natural will to fight and some who dont. If this guy didn't have the will to run into save hundreds of children then I would guess he doesn't have that will to fight in him and wasn't a very good cop altogether. But you can easily find every day people that can be trained and are capable of putting their life on the line and pulling the trigger when necessary.

Sent from my [device_name] using the svtperformance.com mobile app
I know, I get that but still.. We are talking about the majority liberal school teacher... Didnt say I was against it, just somewhat shows a reality of what would be likely outcomes.

quad

Established Member
What's the deal with three witnesses claiming there were multiple shooters? Are they all confused? And has the MSM connected the so called "shooter" with antifa? Because I saw a photo of him dressed in their attire.

Revvv

Infinity Poster
Established Member
Just because some cop didnt jump in the action doesn't mean your average person wont. There are simply people who have the natural will to fight and some who dont. If this guy didn't have the will to run into save hundreds of children then I would guess he doesn't have that will to fight in him and wasn't a very good cop altogether. But you can easily find every day people that can be trained and are capable of putting their life on the line and pulling the trigger when necessary.

...and then there are idiots like me that don't know how to back down from a fight. I've matured as I aged, but I still don't know how to run from conflict. I choose my battles wisely and note that some are not worth the effort, but for others I will stand my ground (and possibly end up laying on it).

mc01svt

100% full natty brah
Established Member

_Snake_

Established Member
And just like that teachers carrying seems stupid again if an actual cop didnt have the balls to stand up...

I dunno man. That SRO was in a safe spot and chose not to expose himself. I’d bet a teacher trapped in a classroom with no way out would shoot back if given the chance.

No one said an armed teacher needs to go clearing the building. In fact, the shooter would suddenly be at a HUGE disadvantage if they forced their way into a locked classroom where someone was armed.

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
Let me say this... If the football coach, Aaron Feis, that died protecting those kids had a hand gun...I think he might still be alive today, and probably more than just him.

SVT-BansheeMan

up the bayou
Established Member
Despicable, its been shown time and time again that police will go to any length to protect themselves at the slightly hint of danger but aren't required to lift a finger to protect civilians.
I'm 100% ok with my local police not obligated to protect me. They do their best when called. Their response time is outstanding for out long our Parish is. I do have the right to protect myself and it's my choice not to exercise it by not owning a gun.

One officer failed to go in so lets not blame everyone. If anyone else was in such danger, they would probably go protect them as well.

ArabianOak

Established Member
Those cops did the same thing at Columbine 20 years ago. Hiding behind trees and waiting. I’d find it honorable to be killed in this fashion, protecting kids.

So much more to this story though. We will never know the truth.

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
I'm 100% ok with my local police not obligated to protect me. They do their best when called. Their response time is outstanding for out long our Parish is. I do have the right to protect myself and it's my choice not to exercise it by not owning a gun.

One officer failed to go in so lets not blame everyone. If anyone else was in such danger, they would probably go protect them as well.

This particular "officer" was and is a coward. Period. He took an oath to protect and serve. He received police training in police work, firearms proficiency and tactics. If he was in uniform he probably had a vest on.

Regardless if the officer didn't have a constitutional obligation to perform his job, he still was Deputized.

Cant say that Id ever be a hero if I were in that situation, Id like to think I would try to stop a bad guy. But Im not a LEO, Im not paid like a LEO, Im not trained like a LEO, Im not equipped like a LEO. This ****er was, and may this act of cowardice be a burden on his conscience the rest of his days. He has no honor.

Last edited:

SirShaun

Established Member
Yeah now a murder has to wait until they exit the school to go home.

I'm sure they drill for that. I applaud their attempt in treating a school shooting like a fire drill. The odds are probably similar for either event. If kids and teachers know what to do in a school shooting situation, casualties are minimized.

jmsa540

Established Member
A small police force is now protecting the home of the cowardly resource officer.

http://www.businessinsider.com/park...ns-deputies-sent-to-protect-his-family-2018-2

Despicable, its been shown time and time again that police will go to any length to protect themselves at the slightly hint of danger but aren't required to lift a finger to protect civilians.

protect and serve indeed
Bro, look at the context of your reply.

Those policeman are being told to protect this house. It's not like they're getting off shift changing into civvies and then going over to toolbags house to protect him.

Come on, man.

SVT-BansheeMan

up the bayou
Established Member

Those policeman are being told to protect this house. It's not like they're getting off shift changing into civvies and then going over to toolbags house to protect him.

Come on, man
This is what i meant. You can not blame an entire police force for one person, unless you are BLM, CNN etc.

mc01svt

100% full natty brah
Established Member
'What he did, he's trained his whole life...When it came time to get in there and do something, he didn't have the courage or something happened,' Trump said as he prepared to board Marine One at the White House. 'But he certainly did a poor job. There's no question about that. He was there for five minutes, for five minutes, that was during the entire shooting, he heard it right at the beginning.

'So he certainly did a poor job,' Trump repeated. 'But that's a case where, somebody who was outside, they're trained, they didn't react properly under pressure or they were a coward. It was a real shot to the police department.'

Speaking later in the morning at the nation's largest gathering of conservatives, Trump piled on, 'He was not a credit to law enforcement. That I can tell you.

mc01svt

100% full natty brah
Established Member

Come on, man.

You can't see how this is a bad look to the public in general? Further reinforcing the perception that LEOS see their own lives as more valuable than citizens and that they must stand behind the blue shield regardless if an officer is in the right or wrong? This is bad juju...

Blown 89

Established Member
You can't see how this is a bad look to the public in general? Further reinforcing the perception that LEOS see their own lives as more valuable than citizens and that they must stand behind the blue shield regardless if an officer is in the right or wrong? This is bad juju...
I don't get that message from this. What I get is that is how they are doing it. When they want someone safe they send armed people to actively protect him.....but when it comes to the soft targets of schools simply posting a sign will do.

Users who are viewing this thread