May trade my for a Laguna Seca

IA Shelby

Established Member
Guess I am in the minority. The LS is a head turner. Saw one at a car show a couple weeks ago. The "hot wheels" color scheme has grown on me.

The handling difference will make your old car feel like a 72 Electra. The exhaust note is awesome.

The forged internals will hold up to mods. Plus the car will be plenty fast with power you can use on the street.

I say go for it.

backinastang

Established Member
Gonna miss the power. Also, the Laguna Seca is to flashy but then again my GT500 is stripe delete. I like a cleaner look. Also, don't forget the higher compression 5.0 will run hotter with boost and won't handle as much of it but I do love the revs. 7500 is as sexy as my avatar. Good luck.

dirtyo2000

DirtyO2000
Established Member
yeah, it's like that when you haven't driven in a while. Take the car down the road and hit a few gears. Test drive the other car and you will be glad to get back in yours. I made that mistake with the 08 Z i had. Didn't drive it for a few months and make the dumbest deal in the world. Brought the Shelby and missed the Z. Now there is a 10 Z parked beside the Shelby and I spent all the money over again modding the Z and about 15K extra redoing the motor and making it forced induction. Only people happy was Livernois and a few others that I purchase parts from.

Once you take it for a spin, especially if you find a decent car to beat while out, you forget about selling it and move onto something else putting the car back in it's spot until you need it again lol

42RCODE

To Many Toys !
Established Member
I have both,
2011 Shelby GT500 and a 2013 Boss 302. I did a TVS with the 127 mm C.A.I. from JLT and added a dual fan heat exchanger from Revan Racing.I put down 668/714 to the wheels and make 17lbs of boost. I love my Shelby. The Boss is a great handling car and the motor pulls to 7200 without complaint. I pulled the side baffles out and the car sounds awesome.I love the Recaros seats too. I am lucky to have both and they both have their place and are 2 totally differant Mustangs. I say drive the LS and see if you be happy with it where you won't have buyers remorse.

bull3441

Established Member
Well the car is washed, waxed and rugs were shampooed. I drove the car a bit and decided to cancel my appointment with my dealer for now. Saturday my new NTO5R's go on and Wed the LCA relocation brackets get welded on. I will drive it a bit and decide after that. The Vapor Silver still cleans up well.

slocum1946

singularity
Established Member
Well the car is washed, waxed and rugs were shampooed. I drove the car a bit and decided to cancel my appointment with my dealer for now. Saturday my new NTO5R's go on and Wed the LCA relocation brackets get welded on. I will drive it a bit and decide after that. The Vapor Silver still cleans up well.

all is at peace again

CPRsm

Nah, you're depressed. See it all the time. Get past this, try to enjoy the car and then make that choice. You'll be in the same potential place a year from now when you mod the LS. You're looking for instant gratification right now.

09Troublemaker

" That don't sound stock"
Established Member
I have both,
2011 Shelby GT500 and a 2013 Boss 302. I did a TVS with the 127 mm C.A.I. from JLT and added a dual fan heat exchanger from Revan Racing.I put down 668/714 to the wheels and make 17lbs of boost. I love my Shelby. The Boss is a great handling car and the motor pulls to 7200 without complaint. I pulled the side baffles out and the car sounds awesome.I love the Recaros seats too. I am lucky to have both and they both have their place and are 2 totally differant Mustangs. I say drive the LS and see if you be happy with it where you won't have buyers remorse.

My bud has a 13 Boss and a 12 500. Drove them both and decided to keep my 09.

Bull... you gotta spin those 7200's and see if you're feeling it... IMO, you'll want to mod it asap and then be back to square one again...............

dirtyo2000

DirtyO2000
Established Member
I knew it. When you don't drive something for a while you forget about the fun factor and gratification it brings. Sad thing is when you make the mistake of selling it. When the Z left it looked cleaner than ever a week later when I seen it. Back to the garage it goes. I think he's bored because there really isn't much left to mod on it LOL.

Users who are viewing this thread