Mgw shifter for gt500 just about done!!!! Need some input!

Spawn

mmjax.com webmaster
Established Member
Had to be ground to fit with my DS loop, its very hard to get it into gear a lot of times it feels like its binding, and its been smacking off the gears especially going from 1st to reverse, this is post TSB as well with a spec st trim clutch

i have the same trans issue going and its in for the TSB getting new syncros, 2010 clutch and slave. I was grinding 1st and reverse and I had the shift stops pulled and it was very hard to get in gear. I guess we will see when it gets back together.

chuckstang

Established Member
Had to be ground to fit with my DS loop, its very hard to get it into gear a lot of times it feels like its binding, and its been smacking off the gears especially going from 1st to reverse, this is post TSB as well with a spec st trim clutch

I doubt that is the shifter causing that, well minus the grinding to fit your DS loop.

I bet its the spec.

I had a spec and that happened to me as well, hard to get into gear, tough from 1 to R and so on.

Now I have the 2010 clutch and no issues at all

thoughts?

cobrkilrl

Established Member
Had a MGW shifter in my 02GT and 03 Roush. Best shifter's I have ever had. Have the Ford Racing Short throw in my 09 KR that Shelby installs when doing the KR package. It is a great shifter and is very hard to miss a gear, smooth as glass. But, I would upgrade to your shifter in a heart beat if it does everything you say it will. The price is definately reasonable for the product.

Seahorse

Established Member
I've got just about all the basics covered now, but was holding off on a new shifter for a reason :thumbsup: .

zporta

KB INSIDE
Established Member
damn... well i called about 2 1/2 years ago before i got my steeda... i was told less that a year then... good thing i didnt wait... couldnt take that stock shifter any more... now i have to see if its worth the switch

390PLUS

Established Member
Great news! I had contacted you guys multiple times and actually sent another email a few days ago to see what the status was. I think it's a fair price. I have the Steeda Tri-ax and if it offers a tighter shift and not miss 3rd, I'm all over it. I had switched the handle to their knot with billet handle and hated it. Just went back to the stock handle and knob. We'll see now.

I like the proposal for an intro price. Let us know when it's ready.

MGW

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
HEY GUYS,

i know its been a loonnggggg time coming but frankly i was going to make one a few years back..even bought a vert gt500 back in 08 and there really was very little interest in it. i guess most people had just gotten there cars and alot of guys were not driving them or modding them more just keeping stock for investments.

now it seems they are REALLY getting modded which is GREAT and i have gotten flooded with emails asking for it....

i also had told several guys that if the GT comes out with a 6 speed which was the rumour going on 2 years that it will DEF help spread R&D costs which as you guys know has finally happened.

i know its late in the game but when you guys see how complete and tight this kit comes you will be amazed!~!~!!! it is a dmaned shame its covered up.:beer:

eta is sometime middle of july ...we are waiting on some pieces to be molded and some special springs. wont be long!!!

george

SpectorV

Established Member
I FINALLY talked my friend with an 08 GT into purchasing an MGW and now he says it was the BEST mod he has on the car and makes the car 100x more fun to drive.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
waiting for pics an reviews 1st. let us know guys when you get yours

BruceH

Established Member
So what's the status on these? Will they use the same handle as the MGW for Mustang GT's?

Thanks,
Bruce

PistolWhip

Resident Man Dime
Established Member
I have a Shelby 6 speed shifter sitting on my work bench right now, it's amazing looking. That being said, if the MGW is going to be ready anytime soon, I'll sell the Shelby in a heart beat and wait for the MGW to arrive rather than install this.

mblgjr

Pay Attention Boy!
Established Member
Please update whenever possible.

Put me in line for a pre-order as well.

Would like an option so our classic 12mm knobs, or the stock knob would fit easily (without silly adapters). Two handles should cover that, or inserts depending on how you designed it (I'm impatiently waiting to see that).

Users who are viewing this thread