MGW solved my Shifting problems...

jason004

Established Member
:rockon:

Went down to MGW the other day and installed the new shifter with George. It is so worth the investment if you are running a 6MT and have any issues getting it into gear while running it hard. Last week I couldn't get into 3rd when running down the track. After putting the new one I hit EVERY gear with no issues!! George makes this thing rock solid. +100 for MGW!!

jason004

Established Member
SID sorry to hear about your other issue you had with you car this week. I was at Ricks on Thursday :) Hope you got it home ok.

thezfunk

Established Member
:rockon:

Went down to MGW the other day and installed the new shifter with George. It is so worth the investment if you are running a 6MT and have any issues getting it into gear while running it hard. Last week I couldn't get into 3rd when running down the track. After putting the new one I hit EVERY gear with no issues!! George makes this thing rock solid. +100 for MGW!!

Sounds like you have the same problem I have. I was worried about the pressure plate bolts backing out but maybe MGW's shifter is all I need. It was going on the car anyway but I was locked out of third three times this weekend and I still have a whole day yet to go before Monday.

jason004

Established Member
I did have my pressure plate bolts back out and get sheered off once. But since then I have had issues with it going into third halfway down the track. No joke this shifter has solved that issue. Worth every penny to me.

Benchracer

Established Member
Where were all you guys at when I started my thread about having trouble going into 3rd at the track? Made me think I was the only one with problems. Hope this MGW shifter fixes my problem. :beer:

yellowrubiu

Established Member
Call the number on the web site and get your name on the list for the next production run... it'll feel like waiting for your car to be built and delivered all over again :banana:

32ValveSymphony

Established Member
How is the horizontal stiffness/pressure? I don't plan on tracking my car, but I'd like a little more positive engagement with less vague feeling.

Users who are viewing this thread