MGW's GT350 Shifter Has Arrived

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
I just talked to George and asked about the GT350 shifter. I think it is going to be closer to the end of the month or the beginning of August. Not only is MGW pretty darn busy but I think they were waiting on something that is supplied to them as well.

Mustang Week will take a chunk of George's time too.

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
Your best bet - call and let them you know you are eager to purchase and get one of these installed by George.

LUV2REV

Established Member
I will be adding an MGW shifter to my GT350 as soon as they are available. I have on several occasions thought I was in 1st when I was between 1st and neutral which has been frustrating as I am grinding which isn't good. I find I have to be fairly sturdy and push good to get in into 1st. Has anyone else had this issue, curious if this is inherent to the stock shifter or just my car ? I have not driven any other GT350's so have no comparable. The stock shifter in my Fiesta ST is light years better than the GT350.

Last edited:

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
I will be adding an MGW shifter to my GT350 as soon as they are available. I have on several occasions thought I was in 1st when I was between 1st and neutral which has been frustrating as I am grinding which isn't good. I find I have to be fairly sturdy and push good to get in into 1st. Has anyone else had this issue, curious if this is inherent to the stock shifter or just my car ? I have not driven any other GT350's so have no comparable. The stock shifter in my Fiesta ST is light years better than the GT350.

That's just the nature of the transmission. It's trying to line up the gears so it can go into the proper one. However, the rubbery feel of the stock shifter exacerbates the feeling. With the MGW being so solid you know exactly when it falls into gear.

Montune's short shifter, while overpriced, is a good addition to the Fiesta ST.

LUV2REV

Established Member
That's just the nature of the transmission. It's trying to line up the gears so it can go into the proper one. However, the rubbery feel of the stock shifter exacerbates the feeling. With the MGW being so solid you know exactly when it falls into gear.

Looking forward to the MGW. I have been quite happy with the shifter in the ST, not certain I will upgrade it. I just added a Cobb AP Stage 1 tune and next up is a new intercooler and RMM. I enjoy driving the Fiesta nearly as much as the GT350, great car.

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
yz20160809_161550-Edit-Edit.jpg

yz20160809_161644-Edit.jpg

yz20160809_161741-Edit.jpg

yz20160809_161817-Edit.jpg

yz20160809_161659-Edit.jpg

Parts that got anodized or heat treated, etc, are rolling in. Production to start very soon.

This ****ing thing is as badass as they come.

Jfoster

Established Member

I have had the same thing happen. I think it's a little different than you describe. It actually moves up and feels like it's in 1st gear...but if you think about it before releasing the clutch, you can press the shifter a little harder and while it doesn't really "move" up an additional amount, you hear and feel the slightest click, which means it's in. I've put mine in gear with moderate force, thinking about it potentially not being in gear...and it wasn't. It's different from any shifting "issue" I've had over the years.

LUV2REV

Established Member
I have had the same thing happen. I think it's a little different than you describe. It actually moves up and feels like it's in 1st gear...but if you think about it before releasing the clutch, you can press the shifter a little harder and while it doesn't really "move" up an additional amount, you hear and feel the slightest click, which means it's in. I've put mine in gear with moderate force, thinking about it potentially not being in gear...and it wasn't. It's different from any shifting "issue" I've had over the years.

Bang on. You think it's in 1st gear and it's not quite there. I am very conscientious when going into 1st now. Every GT350 should have an MGW shifter.

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
Because some interpret the word "drop" differently let me clarify. As with the MT82, TR6060, etc, you have to remove the transmission crossmember and tip the rear of the transmission down six inches or so in order to fit your hands up above the transmission. The transmission does not need to be removed from the car.

Drwalker02

2013 GT500 Addict
Established Member
Got the call yesterday from MGW. Confirmed and paid today for shifter and new cobra pewter knob. Wil ship next week!

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
I asked George for a few more shots now that MGW has started assembly complete units. Here's one George just fit up to his test transmission.

v20160818_093251-Edit.jpg

z20160818_093308-Edit.jpg

v20160818_093412-Edit.jpg

And here's a shot of the custom gripper knob some have asked about...

zgt350gripper1.jpg

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
From George...

Shifter is same price as the race spec $475.

Only additional component is the deluxe jam nut adapter for the stock knob which is 20 bucks.

Meares

Established Member
I'm supposed to be one with first install on a 350...Sept. 14...will go to MGW for install....will update

1stShelby

Established Member
Had exactly the same issue and created this thread http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?1108685-Not-concerned-yet-but
Now I find myself checking two or three times every time I stop to make sure it doesn't happen again.

Users who are viewing this thread