Might Race A lamborghini murcielago...

Common

Established Member
ahh cool im going out tonight to meet up with my buddy who has the 50 wheel cobra, i also know two other people who own cobras'

you ever go to island dragway, E-Town, or Atco?

I hate Island, worst track in NJ for sure, I go to E-town alot, actually I will be there this weekend for the MM fun Ford weekend. I will be there on Sunday.

Deuuuce

Established Member
They trap in the low, low 120s and I doubt he'll abuse the clutch enough to launch around 3800lbs+ with AWD very hard. Is it a manual or E-shift?

It would have to be modded to run mid/low 11s unless it's the new LP640.

To say Lambo's die-out in triple digits is simply ignorant.

I have a 50yr old friend to rides his R1 all the time, track days and a 1st timer at the dragstrip. It's no more dangerous than any other liter bike.

Common

Established Member
They trap in the low, low 120s and I doubt he'll abuse the clutch enough to launch around 3800lbs+ with AWD very hard. Is it a manual or E-shift?

It would have to be modded to run mid/low 11s unless it's the new LP640.

To say Lambo's die-out in triple digits is simply ignorant.

I have a 50yr old friend to rides his R1 all the time, track days and a 1st timer at the dragstrip. It's no more dangerous than any other liter bike.

I disagree, know of few guys that crashed them, I'l stick with the Gixxer's, go take both for a drive, come back with your findings.
Can't really put a finger on it, but there is something that makes me uneasy about R1s. Maybe it's just in my head. Go figure.

GSXR 1000> R1

Last edited:

trottlebody

Established Member
hes high up in a castle in his mind cause his daddy makes more money then everyone else in town combined, i wanna remind him hes nthing more then 'just another person' like the rest of us, and you dont need 300,000$ to have a fast car

!PLUS! i have back seats and a trunk :banana:

Jealous...? Unless he really is a deuche bag. Goodluck anyways, its pretty damn fast :pop:.

Last edited:

Deuuuce

Established Member
I disagree, know of few guys that crashed them, I'l stick with the Gixxer's, go take both for a drive, come back with your findings.
Can't really put a finger on it, but there is something that makes me uneasy about R1s. Maybe it's just in my head. Go figure.

GSXR 1000> R1

You gotta quantify that than just feel. The stock R1 shocks are rated up to a 180lb rider so there is more squish. It might have a shorter wheelbase and also a more upright riding position.

My friend's front wheel was up and down like crazy on his 5 runs or so at Sears, but he never dumped it.

Guys crash both, I'm sure. Can someone else chime in with some observations of the GSX vs. R1 and others for that matter?

SIr RicCuS

Orange County Horsepower
Established Member
Most lambo owners put 3 to 5k miles on their cars in 2-3 years. Do the math.
Oil change and brakes is not the end of the world.

That's just the thing; people don't daily drive exotic cars like that. And the people that do are filthy rich and don't care about maintenance costs... Me on the other hand, I definitely care. As I'm sure you do as well...

It's like having a $2m house. Even once it's paid for, you have to have that $50k taxes each year.

SIr RicCuS

Orange County Horsepower
Established Member

GSXR 1000> R1

IMO, it's just a matter of preference... Both of them put you in much different riding positions so it's really just a matter of what you like best. They are both great bikes. The R1 may handle a bit better, but I couldn't tell you from experience because I've never leaned in too much on a newer GSXR 1000.

Deuuuce

Established Member
OP: What if rich-boy gets mad, sells the Lambo and buys a 8 or 9second 'Stang and a Gallardo with the leftover. How would you feel about him then? Still want to "put him in his place"?

Last edited:

Deuuuce

Established Member
That's just the thing; people don't daily drive exotic cars like that. And the people that do are filthy rich and don't care about maintenance costs... Me on the other hand, I definitely care. As I'm sure you do as well...

It's like having a $2m house. Even once it's paid for, you have to have that $50k taxes each year.

If you make $500k + a year, it's all perspective, right? Although more millionaires drive Ford trucks than any other vehicle, it's not their favorite dealership to visit, I'm sure. And they like the interiors of their "other" cars a whole, whole lot better.

Common

Established Member

DonaldTaco

Look! Its Unicron!!!!!
Established Member
There is no details on the honda, how could I really tell anything?

From what I see, these guys rolled up on a turboed CRX that really only needs 350 whp to beat that lambo.

POWER to WEIGHT matters, is actually everything in a race.

I was being sarcastic. I think most people believe that the whole shoot was staged :)

Users who are viewing this thread