Might trade BOSS for SHO Taurus...help!

86Fbody

Established Member
There is a 392 charger and its $$ is like the boss. We have a white super bee in the show room. I would rather drive a prius with a rainbow then a DODGE.

Gotcha, I wasn't sure if it was something brand new or not, also not the best Googler which is horrible in my profession. That being said I am glad we see eye to eye about Dodge basically blowing the big one.

Jroc

Established Member
If you are looking for a 4-door performance car the real choice would be a 392 SRT8 Charger, the car is bad-ass fast, comfortable, and looks great. Stock for stock it would give your Boss a run. Now there is tuning out there for it. I almost grabbed one when I purchased my past Challenger.

That's kind of like saying a Gen2 L gives a EVO 8 a run for it's money. At what similar acceleration #'s when stock? On a autocross track a EVO 8 would likely wear a L out. When trying to tow or haul something a L will skeet all over a EVO. A stock Terminator might give a 2K Cobra R a run for it's money in a straight line but on a road course a Cobra R should have no problem handling a Terminator, where a 2K Cobra R will never be as HP mod friendly for the cost or effort as a Terminator.

Two different kinds of vehicles intended to excel at different stuff. A stock SRT8 might run similar times to a stock Boss 302, but I doubt it will ever feel as lite, nimble, flickable, or road course worthy. At the same time a Boss 302 is probably not going to pamper it's occupants with niceties, feature and amenities, and creature comforts the way a loaded Charge SRT8 will.

Last edited:

bpmurr

Established Member
Yeah that's the beauty of the SHO. People sleep on it until they are seeing tail lights.

I had a 2010 SHO with a tune, intake and exhaust. It certainly was a sleeper. However, if I had the choice between a SRT8 Charger and a SHO I'd take the Charger. Unless you can get the SHO for $9k off sticker like the one poster. How the hell did he do that?

ArabianOak

Established Member
I had a 2010 SHO with a tune, intake and exhaust. It certainly was a sleeper. However, if I had the choice between a SRT8 Charger and a SHO I'd take the Charger. Unless you can get the SHO for $9k off sticker like the one poster. How the hell did he do that?

i'm getting mine for nearly that off...it's a demo and includes 2 year free maintenance. tons of incentives on the SHO right now...

VRYALT3R3D

Show me your Members
Established Member
Good points but also make sure to be friendly with your service rep because you will spend a lot of time with him. I know I work for Dodge.
If it was not for recalls and garabge I would not have a job.

Really? I have a friend with a SRT8 and he had zero issues with it so far. Bought it new a year ago.

I heard all the problems with the old generation were fixed on the new one.

VRYALT3R3D

Show me your Members
Established Member

They don't sell well. You would be surprised how much room there is on the Taurus SHO and Lincoln MKS Ecoboost

Jroc

Established Member
I would rather have a Boss 302 than either a Taurus SHO or an SRT8. If I was to get a SRT8 then it would be a GC SRT8.

cloud9

Established Member
That was their "best price" on the showroom floor :shrug: Lots of rebates involved but I don't remember them all. We bought it back in December and maybe they've pulled back on some of the incentives now. I double checked and the MSRP was 47 and change and we paid 39 and change so an 8k discount.

HEMI LOL

Twin Screwed
Established Member
while the SHO competes with the SRT8 twins, its not really mean to. the SRT8 is meant to be a ctsV/M5 "sport sedan" fighter.

the SHO is the best of both worlds. its got enough power to piss of A LOT of cars, its roomy, rides fantastic, is quiet, and has AWD for bad weather.

thats exactly why i bought it, my wife and i wanted a bigger sedan but didnt want an SUV. its got some power, all the luxo and tech of a SRT8 or even to some extent a benz but is reliable and cheap to own.

i drove a ctsV the other day and can honestly say that i wouldnt trade my SHO for it. for what i wanted the SHO is perfect.

if youre looking for a honest to goodness great daily car with fun when you want it and utility when you dont the SHO is the best out there bar none.

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
I vote for the M3 if you want very similar performance and creature features. To me a Taurus SHO will never be that car you hoped it would be. It will always just be a Taurus, may as well just get a loaded non SHO. If your a die hard Ford guy and won't by anything but a Ford. Your only option is a loaded GT500 if you don't need extra space.

I wouldn't say that. The cost of the show, vs the beemer, and the boss has everything you could want.

I had the first gen4 show in the 12's, and the 12.75 stood for 1 1/2 years.

the 13's are even better, power telescopic steering, heated steering wheel, better looks, they are great cars.

as matter of fact, i just picked one up last week, lol.

I will be selling the boss though. I picked up a super duty as well to take the 11 to the races, just too many cars in the garage.

The wife didn't want to drive a manual car, or the the super duty everyday. (i traded her expedition for it), i was trying to have my cake and eat it too,

she asked about a ctsv, i was like, how bout a sho.

I didn't get the performance pack, tires are crap in the cold or rain and expecially sno.

04nccobra

Established Member
That's kind of like saying a Gen2 L gives a EVO 8 a run for it's money. At what similar acceleration #'s when stock? On a autocross track a EVO 8 would likely wear a L out. When trying to tow or haul something a L will skeet all over a EVO. A stock Terminator might give a 2K Cobra R a run for it's money in a straight line but on a road course a Cobra R should have no problem handling a Terminator, where a 2K Cobra R will never be as HP mod friendly for the cost or effort as a Terminator.

Two different kinds of vehicles intended to excel at different stuff. A stock SRT8 might run similar times to a stock Boss 302, but I doubt it will ever feel as lite, nimble, flickable, or road course worthy. At the same time a Boss 302 is probably not going to pamper it's occupants with niceties, feature and amenities, and creature comforts the way a loaded Charge SRT8 will.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok so the Charger will not out handle the Boss, neither will the Taurus. What the Charger will do is run 4.2 sec 0-60, 175+ mph top speed, and automatic cars have already run 12:30s bone stock, and 12:00s with tune & tires. SRT now offers "Core" models with a few upgrade deletes such as no leather, for under 40k msrp. The Taurus is giving up over 100hp and 120lbs of torque to the SRT8.

Somebody also mentioned that there is no 392 Charger.
2013 Charger SRT - Intelligent Performance and Power | driveSRT

Last edited:

86Fbody

Established Member
while the SHO competes with the SRT8 twins, its not really mean to. the SRT8 is meant to be a ctsV/M5 "sport sedan" fighter.

the SHO is the best of both worlds. its got enough power to piss of A LOT of cars, its roomy, rides fantastic, is quiet, and has AWD for bad weather.

thats exactly why i bought it, my wife and i wanted a bigger sedan but didnt want an SUV. its got some power, all the luxo and tech of a SRT8 or even to some extent a benz but is reliable and cheap to own.

i drove a ctsV the other day and can honestly say that i wouldnt trade my SHO for it. for what i wanted the SHO is perfect.

if youre looking for a honest to goodness great daily car with fun when you want it and utility when you dont the SHO is the best out there bar none.

Thats pretty sad if the SRT8 is meant to fight the CTS-V and the M5, I don't see that being a winning battle.

ECRUZ0884

Established Member
So i had a SHO before the Boss. A 2013, black on black with perfomance pack and all the goodies. Great car, quick car with almost no lag except on takeoff. I got a tune from Livernois and that should have been good for another 50 to 60 hp. Nice difference, no lag, quick hard shifts. That should put you around 420hp, crank. Ive seen other SHO's pulling high 12s at 108 with just that. You can always add the exhuast, intake and methanol. That will get you to low 12's or high 11's. Not much more you can do after that. No space for larger turbos and the fuel system doesnt have much upgrades at the moment. I loved the car and all the amenities. You can't compare it to a SRT8. Ford > SRT8 my opinion. Im 28 single no kids so i went back to my roots, otherwise i'd stay with it. 18.5 mpg in city and 23-24 highway.

ArabianOak

Established Member
here she is boys...so far i'm loving it. all the buttons are a little overwhelming! lol

377767_10151308924666775_859758323_n.jpg

552528_10151308923626775_1015712044_n.jpg

427246_10151308925326775_1085275431_n.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread