Miles/Gallon

What is your average MPG on the highway?

• 10-15 MPG (must be running in 2 or 3rd gear)

Votes: 32 11.1%
  • 15-20 MPG

Votes: 99 34.3%
  • 20-25 MPG

Votes: 127 43.9%
  • 25-30 MPG

Votes: 31 10.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

GIDIEUP

Established Member
Has anyone checked their MPG on the highway? I was figuring I would average about 23 MPG on the highway. I filled up to the rim before I left for my destination and when I reached my destination I filled up again to the rim. Can you believe that I averaged 29 MPG??!! I don't understand:shrug: I drove very diligently since I wanted to get a good reading so I don't know how accurate it is with every day driving. I just didn't figure it would be that high. Keep in mind that just about all of the 70 miles was interstate.

Cheers:beer:
Ryan

kaos

Established Member
i've had my car for over a month now and i've kept a little log since then. the best i did was 23.5 and also i did a little over 23 on the way back from vegas and i had the ac on almost the whole time. that suprised the shit out of me.

my average street without driving like a mad man is 17 and when i drive it like i should i get down to 14, but both of these have included a little chunk of freeway driving.

but 29 on the highway is nice. were u going dowhill?

GIDIEUP

Established Member
Originally posted by omslaw
i've had my car for over a month now and i've kept a little log since then. the best i did was 23.5 and also i did a little over 23 on the way back from vegas and i had the ac on almost the whole time. that suprised the shit out of me.

my average street without driving like a mad man is 17 and when i drive it like i should i get down to 14, but both of these have included a little chunk of freeway driving.

but 29 on the highway is nice. were u going dowhill?

LOL:lol: I was not going downhill. Maybe it is that new exhaust that I have on my Cobra that is boosting my MPG. ProChamber should of added that to their list of pros:) (J/K) I think I'm going to go back and recalculate. I just don't understand. I have checked MPG quite a few times so I don't know what I would of done wrong this time with the Cobra.:shrug:

Ryan

Ashentep

Established Member
I haven't gotten a full tank of strictly highway miles, but a 70% highway 30% city tank netted me around 24mpg. I think I could probably break into the 25-30mpg range with a strictly highway tank.

This is with 4.10s, BTW.

Bob Cosby

Established Member
In 100% Highway driving - no city at all...

Bone stock, 26.5 mpg was my best.
As it was when it ran 11.67, 22-23 mpg.

svt-tmleader

Established Member
Geez! Don't you girls drive your cars? I do mostly highway, with a little city mixed in. My last three tanks are as follows:

1. 17.4 mpg
2 18.5 mpg
3. 19.5 mpg

GIDIEUP

Established Member
Originally posted by svt-tmleader
Geez! Don't you girls drive your cars? I do mostly highway, with a little city mixed in. My last three tanks are as follows:

1. 17.4 mpg
2 18.5 mpg
3. 19.5 mpg
:lol:
Hey now:bash:

You better believe I drive my car:) I just figured I would see how well I could do on the highway. I probably average about 10 miles/gallon in the city. Don't know. This is the first time I figured I would check it. It really wasn't a concern, just curious:)

Ryan

djtech

Established Member
Originally posted by GIDIEUP
:lol:
Hey now:bash:

You better believe I drive my car:) I just figured I would see how well I could do on the highway. I probably average about 10 miles/gallon in the city. Don't know. This is the first time I figured I would check it. It really wasn't a concern, just curious:)

Ryan

I just got back from Florida (I live in Michigan) and took the Snake. I consistently got 25MPG+ when crusing at 80MPH and stomping on the gas 5 or so times per tank. I can't complain!

OCCOBRA

Picture Whirled Peas
Established Member
This Cobra and my last Cobra (1997) i never checked or cared. When i need gas i fill it up. The 03 is a lot more thirsty though.

Jerky

Sum Sum Bling Bling
Established Member
Went on a road trip this weekend, got about 22 or so mpg on hw. Avg. about 80-83 mph.

kaos

Established Member
the one thing i hate though is how i'll get about 100 miles with a fresh fill up and the marker is still past full then the next 100 miles i get down to a quarter tank. wtf!

and my light comes on in between empty and a 1/4 and there is only 1 gallon left. i wish i could recalibrate that so that e is actually empty and that my warning light would come on earlier.

Jerky

Sum Sum Bling Bling
Established Member
Yeah, the first 1/2 tank I get like 200 miles, then 25 the rest of the tank :)

DamageInc

Banned
Hey all, I have seen tons of these threads about mpg. I remember asking about mpg two years ago when I nearly got a lightning and the consensus was about 12mpg average at best.

Now that I have had my 01 Cobra for about a year and a half I average about 15mpg @ around 13.5 gallons over 190 miles.
The fuel tank holds around 15.7 gallons and I have never run the tank dry.

I can get around 200-220 miles before the fuel light comes on if I drive really easily. A fill up usually takes around 13-13.5 gallons, so about 2 gallons left in the tank.

This is on a bone stock car too.

My question is how many miles per tank are you guys getting and when you fill up on an empty tank (light on for a x number of miles) how many gallons are you putting in till the pump cuts off.

I don't doubt that some people get better mileage than others but I get curious when I see reports of people with 4.10's+ getting over 20mpg.

trplblacksnake

Alcohol disposal unit!
Established Member
I wish I could tell you what I get but I cant stop mashing the gas every now and then. Interstate races are the most fun too.

ExarKun10

Established Member
Originally posted by GIDIEUP
Has anyone checked their MPG on the highway? I was figuring I would average about 23 MPG on the highway. I filled up to the rim before I left for my destination and when I reached my destination I filled up again to the rim. Can you believe that I averaged 29 MPG??!! I don't understand:shrug: I drove very diligently since I wanted to get a good reading so I don't know how accurate it is with every day driving. I just didn't figure it would be that high. Keep in mind that just about all of the 70 miles was interstate.

Ryan
You had to be drafting behind a semi... :beer:
I get about 22 MPG running between Columbus and Chillicothe on State Route 104 (if you know where that is).

GIDIEUP

Established Member
Re: Re: Miles/Gallon

Originally posted by ExarKun10
You had to be drafting behind a semi... :beer:
I get about 22 MPG running between Columbus and Chillicothe on State Route 104 (if you know where that is).

hehehe. I'm afraid not:). yeah, I'm familiar with 104. Just a few miles away from my house. Like I said, I was driving very diligently. I'm sure under normal driving conditions it would be quite lower.

Ryan

99Cobra Supercharged

Established Member
Its a little hard for me to come up with a mpg seeing I do 99% city driving. I live only 5 miles from work. But here it go's.

20 mpg on the freeway
11 mpg City
5.6 mpg on the track.

djtech

Established Member
Originally posted by DamageInc
Hey all, I have seen tons of these threads about mpg. I remember asking about mpg two years ago when I nearly got a lightning and the consensus was about 12mpg average at best.

Now that I have had my 01 Cobra for about a year and a half I average about 15mpg @ around 13.5 gallons over 190 miles.
The fuel tank holds around 15.7 gallons and I have never run the tank dry.

I can get around 200-220 miles before the fuel light comes on if I drive really easily. A fill up usually takes around 13-13.5 gallons, so about 2 gallons left in the tank.

This is on a bone stock car too.

My question is how many miles per tank are you guys getting and when you fill up on an empty tank (light on for a x number of miles) how many gallons are you putting in till the pump cuts off.

I don't doubt that some people get better mileage than others but I get curious when I see reports of people with 4.10's+ getting over 20mpg.

Wow that isn't a great MPG. I put around 13.2+ gallons in my car when the low fuel light comes on. I usually get gas ASAP if the light comes on. When driving to FL I always got at least 300 miles before the tank was low. I never stuff gas in the tank either, once the pump kicks I stop. HTH

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread