Miles/Gallon

What is your average MPG on the highway?

• 10-15 MPG (must be running in 2 or 3rd gear)

Votes: 32 11.1%
  • 15-20 MPG

Votes: 99 34.3%
  • 20-25 MPG

Votes: 127 43.9%
  • 25-30 MPG

Votes: 31 10.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

cSoVbTr0a1

Established Member
Have no clue how many miles per gallon i get but i normally get about 240 miles before my low fuel light comes on from fill up to fill up. Is this good?

mijon61

Established Member
I just drove to St. Louis and back. Drove 75 mph with the A/C on and averaged 26 mpg. When the car was stock I did the same trip and averaged 23 mpg. My mods added 40 rwhp and 3 mpg.

kaos

Established Member
I did a test last night with the stock tune I got 21.2 mpg and with the predator tune 20.94. All highway mpg. This was only a 280 mile round trip so it's not the best sample data but's it's the only recent data I have since the gears.

With the stock tune I get about 13-14 on the streets.

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
I have never driven my cobra farther than 60 miles round trip at one time, so I am not sure how my MPG would look if I took a long interstate trip. However I am going to Myrtle Beach the second week of August, and I am excited to see how the girl does on a long trip. Right now I average around 18 MPG.

ian022

Established Member
on my last tank i just got 25.5 mpg!!!!! that's way more than i ever got b4. i was driving the car really nice, the best part is....that is me driving to work everyday. about 60-40 highway to town driving.
stoked
ian

REX-RACER

Testing w/ the live data!
Established Member
Hey all has anyone noticed a difference in the type of fuel they use as far as mpg goes? I notice that I get around 19-20 city/hwy around twon where I live and on road trips I get about 23 on the first tank. After that, when I fill up out of town, I get about 27 for the rest of the road trip averaging usually around 75 mph.

The reason I ask this is because I live in a city where we have "oxygenated" gasoline for emissions purposes. The gasoline here is 10% alcohol and I'm wondering if that can effect fuel economy. I was told once by an engineer that the energy yield of burning gasoline vs. alcohol is different but he wasn't exactly sure how this might affect mpg.

Any ideas???

hatsharpener

Established Member
REX-RACER said:
The reason I ask this is because I live in a city where we have "oxygenated" gasoline for emissions purposes. The gasoline here is 10% alcohol and I'm wondering if that can effect fuel economy. I was told once by an engineer that the energy yield of burning gasoline vs. alcohol is different but he wasn't exactly sure how this might affect mpg.
In my old home they used to have oxygenated gas only in the winter time and my fuel economy was worse in the winter by about 2-3mpg during the winter than the summer. The standard deviation of my mpg during the winter was also worse. I have spreadsheets :dw:

REX-RACER

Testing w/ the live data!
Established Member
hatsharpener said:
In my old home they used to have oxygenated gas only in the winter time and my fuel economy was worse in the winter by about 2-3mpg during the winter than the summer. The standard deviation of my mpg during the winter was also worse. I have spreadsheets :dw:

"Spreadsheets" . . . :lol:

Always the engineer Lee! ;-)

We have that 10% gas-a-hol swill year round now! :nonono:

hatsharpener

Established Member
REX-RACER said:
"Spreadsheets" . . . :lol:

Always the engineer Lee! ;-)

We have that 10% gas-a-hol swill year round now! :nonono:
That sucks. I used to get near 30mpg during the summer in Oregon when it wasn't oxygenated and under 25mpg during the winter. 25mpg was about the norm in St. Louis with the oxygenated gas too.

We have it out here in Arizona too :( To make matters worse, we only have 91 octane. At least you guys get 93 octane. I suppose it could be worse. It could be NM where premium is less than 90 octane.

LaserCobra 98

Established Member
When I was driving her home (900 miles all highway), I calc'd the MPG twice @ 23mpg
My street mpg fluxes from 14 to 17 (so far).

I can't believe so many of you wait for the fuel light to come on. I was always told that's bad.

DamageInc,

I reset my odometer at fill-up
Drive until I need gas
Right my odometer reading on the fuel receipt showing how many gallons I got
Do the math at home

hatsharpener,

There's a Sunocco down the street from me that sells 100 octane :burnout:

Last edited:

BK24

Copter Doctor
Established Member
I made a road trip last weekend and had about 240 miles before it hit 1/4th tank. Hard on the fuel pump to run it till the light comes on. It was raining so I kept is at about 70 the whole way.

smuggler

Banned
I don't know about the highway, but I'm getting about 8mpg around town right now.
I gotta do something about that. It's getting expensive.

01_BLK_COBRA

SVT Enthusiast
Established Member
I just filled her up this past Monday and for the last week (mostly city driving weith soem highway) i got 23 mpg. I was pretty impressed. Taking it on a road trip this weekend. So I will see what numbers i get then.

Wicked

Established Member
I average 17-18 on a daily driven basis with plenty of playing.

The ONE time i have driven sensibly in an attempt to see what kind of MPG I could get, I got 25mpg(top down) on the way to Panama City, a 5 hr drive. On the way back I had the top up and the AC on most of the way, 22.5 mpg.

I was following my slow father in law, thats the onyl way I was able to control myself. Most of the time was spent at 1500rpm in 5th gear. I also short shifted most of the time and kept the throttle position low.

YardSpecial

War Veteran X 2
Established Member
02 GT vert 20-23 MPG (Hilly state0

01 Cobra- WOT all the time (toy car)

97 GT 18-20 MPG (old and smelly)

SVECobraR

Established Member
The best i've ever got was 240 miles right before my light turned on then i filled up. I drive my car how ford intended. But that 240 miles was with me driving 70%high way and very conservative on the street.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread