MODERATOR's CLOSE MY ACCOUNT!

Aaron_01

Banned
Originally posted by hj16
Just in non-Tech forums.

Why do threads need to live on forever in Roadside and SmackDown? 10 days after the last post then they are gone forever, that would eliminate a lot of crap taking up server space.

Bingo!

Black04Lightning

I ATE YOUR HEMI FOR LUNCH
Established Member
East Bay Area - Pleasant Hill - California
Hum

:idea: You wanna hang out and Bench Race, and just talk ,delete posts after 30 days ,To Create some space , Then ask The MODERATOR "Very Nicely" , To Create a "SVT Member Only" Chat oom, That is Open on the Weekend , to ask people questions & share information <Like Race Events and Car Shows > from say 6 pm till Midnite or somthing where The Moderator Has control of the room.......aka , Room Owner, Where The Moderator Can Open The Room or Close the Room as He Or She see`s Fit,,,Posting on what days the room will be Open,, you create the starting link only availabe from The SVT Members Only Site, to a private room Aol , Compuserve , Msn whatever is a good choice.

My Good Thoughts ,,,,,,,,,,

:beer: :beer:

I Live My Day One Mach at A Time ,,,,,,,,,, Troy:rockon: fun factor ?

Ripper

And Then Some............
Established Member
I've made some very good friends on those worthless whore threads ? I agree they should be locked and explained not just deleted. ? I think it takes away from the community aspect myself. ? But Dave you'll be missed. ? :( I tried to set up the chat room but it didn't take off very well ? :) Hate to see this ?

Oh yeah Keep in touch ! [email protected] - I'm at that email addy most of the day !

Been so damn busy still never got to tell ya about the package ! That I got the idea from one of those whored threads ! :)

nj7703

Established Member
:nonono: :nonono: You need to stick around man, this is just getting good. Are you going to let the guy with the wings on my shoulder win? how can i mod with that sort of advice, NO I need a someome to tell me.. MOD... GO FASTER... :d . You ass better stick around! :beer:

postin the midnight oil..
Established Member
All good points...I honestly think we ought to drop some other thread and use it for late nite mofos who just like to chill out and have some conversation.For axample,the Thunderbird pages are probably the slowest and just taking up room.I say lose 'em and use it for something else.Like a "late nite chat room"and have specific hours like 11 Pm to 5 AM.........sort of....lol....Just my .02.I know I've had some decent late night conv. threads with links and such be deleted.But oh well.Oh,and make it to where it would be erased after a month as to keep it from turning into dead space.:beer:Could be useful for various types of things.

Last edited:

flyn high again

You are getting sleepy...
Established Member
Some good comments, guys. Hopefully a little sleep calmed emotions down. I think we all want the same things, a site that works well where we can continue our friendships and increase our knowledge of our cars and sometimes just have fun. Let's all try to keep the whoring down a little. I hope Steve comes up with an answer to the slowdown. I know he doesn't have any easy choices.

comp 04

Jesus Saves
Established Member
Originally posted by hj16
Just in non-Tech forums.

Why do threads need to live on forever in Roadside and SmackDown? 10 days after the last post then they are gone forever, that would eliminate a lot of crap taking up server space.

agreed 100%:idea: :rockon:

SHOE

Boo-frickety-hoo
Established Member
Limit the pages to say 50. When it drops of the table, throw it away. Hell, I usually don't want to go that far back and look for anything anyway. Generally, people just ask or repeat a topic in a new thread anyway, just because they don't SEARCH. I'm new, but have already made some valuable friendships and the BS is part of it. You don't develop relationships without it. We just have to let the moderator use his best judgement and trust it. I don't think we want to lose anybody..... well, maybe Tony Montania (ha!) :thumbsup:

sohowcome

Captain Obvious
Originally posted by SweetSVT99
What's wrong with whoring?!

1) It takes up space.
2) It takes up bandwidth.
3) It has become very excessive.
4) It is AGAINST THE RULES.

The moderators are doing their job by closing and archiving threads that are against the rules.

Hes right, he managed to get me to stop whoring, I have been stuck in the 17,000's for months Whoring also doesnt give you the resepct that you deserve, it is taking me a long long time to erase my image of typing LOL to every thread and change it to one where I can provide useful information to the rest of the group :shrug:

I wouldnt leave over a thread being closed for whoring. Just my opinion of course

-Zach

TwoValveKid

Uh oh.....
Established Member
OMG have you gone to the post whore rehabilitation facility zach!?

and i agree with hj16. on the tech forums keep the threads alive. but on everything else...delete everything after 30 days.

kaos

Established Member
See Dave you have tons of support and people will miss you if leave forever.

So come back right MEOW!!!!!!!!!!!

kaos

Established Member
Originally posted by Euphoric One
That sounds like something a "metrosexual" would say. :lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol: It's from the movie Super Troopers. I have the vid clip at home and I should upload it to my site. It's so funny.

Users who are viewing this thread