Modification (aftermarket) Development?

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
Maybe someone like Van or the guys from VMP or Evolution will be able to answer this better...

The 2011-2012 guys benefitted from a "similar car, with a similar engine/supercharger, and similar suspension" on the 2007-2010 cars.

Maybe some of the same components will be able to be retrofitted to the new car? I don't know, as its not something I am well versed in, but am definately interested to hear.

How long before we start to see mods developed for this car? Being that it is a different beast (TVS, 5.8 etc.). Tunes, pulleys, intakes, suspension setups etc.?

I'm in no rush to mod this car right when I get it, but will be nice to see things being developed so when I am ready, I can start modding away.

So, the the Board sponsors on this forum, do you have anything in the works, or atleast plans to get your hands on a car when it comes out to start developing this mods?

The end of May cannot come soon enough...

Last edited:

03Cobra05GT

Established Member
I've always loved Borla exhaust, and Bassani too. I really hope Borla comes out with an exhaust, and it better keep the quad tips lol.

But this is a great topic Chris. I hope to see some responses from the Vendors. Interested to see what will be coming up.

Shhhh

Established Member
Very interested as well. I wouldnt mind an intake, pulley and tune on the way home from the dealer hahaha.

Zeroescence

Established Member
I wonder if the muffler delete from pypes will work. I would like to see them come out with a quad tip. JLT carbon CAI and a tune would be excellent to purchase before my car even showed up.

The wait is hard. But maybe it'll help with the mod market by the time I take delivery.

Last edited:

Nathan'sTsi

Established Member
Everything should be a carryover, with the exception of the tunes. Those should be a very quick transition though, as long as the engineers did not try and make it difficult. As soon as the tunes are finalized, I am sure you could bolt on a smaller upper, TB and intake and have a ~670whp bolt on car.

Even the blowers should be a direct carryover, as I doubt the bolt pattern changed on the lower manifold.

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
I don't get the sense that the aftermarket will be as ready at introduction as say, the 5.0 GT was. Hopefully the technology transfer program has been utilized quite a bit to minimize lag in that regard.

I'm quite sure FRPP will have some sort of ProCal/tune package not long after the car finally goes public.

peteypab2133

Established Member
im wondering if we can just pick "any" exahust and have the tips cut and welded on aftermarket one. But I do agree, should be interesting to see step by step what mods make this car a bigger monster than it already is.

Devious_Snake

PSR Major!
Established Member
I agree, i want to keep the quad exhaust look....I also want something to make the supercharger whine a lil bit more, hopefully the resonator and/or intake or drop in filter. Suspension I think would be my first mod along with tires

Zeroescence

Established Member
im wondering if we can just pick "any" exahust and have the tips cut and welded on aftermarket one. But I do agree, should be interesting to see step by step what mods make this car a bigger monster than it already is.

The 13 with mods is gonna be nuts. I drove a stock 12 gt500 for the first time yesterday and it felt amazing and pulled very strong.

NJSP117

Established Member
I think this will be a pretty crazy ride right out of the box....my plans are to leave it stock for a while and see what comes out...but of course as soon as I start to see everyone else's mods, I'm sure I'll want to joing in the fun...

blair223

Established Member
Thinking about putting hood struts right away, wonder what the likelihood of those being the same as the 2012 version.

Ditto for side window vents/scoops.

Ray Lucca

Established Member
Will FRPP have a Pro-cal Tune available for the '13??? Unless I missed it, they still don't offer a "Tune" package for the '11-12 GT 500's....I picked up the New '12 Frpp Book at Fab. Fords on Sunday, nothing in the book yet....Online???

72MachOne99GT

Established Member
Premium Member
I've never driven any Shelby, so the power mods will not take me ball the balls anytime soon I'm certain.

A catback though, that'll be on the list probably next summer.

Interested in the designs of the exhausts as well.

03Cobra05GT

Established Member
how much would a setup like that cost? and how loud would it be? dont want it to be ridiculous

Oh I love loud lol. My 04 was loud. Everyone use to say they could hear me from a mile away.

First things I'd do to my 13 will be tint, CAI, exhaust, and tune. Oh and tires haha.

UnleashedBeast

Engine Lubrication Guru
Established Member
How long before we start to see mods developed for this car? Being that it is a different beast (TVS, 5.8 etc.). Tunes, pulleys, intakes, suspension setups etc.?

Tunes are all you should worry about at this point. Just waiting for the coding to be broken to allow aftermarket companies like SCT to tune the PCM in the new 2013.

All of the engine external parameters are the same dimensions as previous 5.4L builds. That being said, all intakes, throttle bodies, heat exchangers, etc. will be a universal fit. A smaller pulley for the OEM TVS will also debute from Sylvain I'm sure. No need for a larger plenum since the OEM one will already have a larger port.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread