Montel Williams puts FOX News on its place..

JMD0346

Established Member
Would you say that if Fox decided to bring in a random person off the street who worked at a lumber mill? Just because he has a TV show doesn't mean he's doing it for attention. Sure, he could have, but we don't know. Regardless, he has a VERY valid point. If he put out a statement saying why he wouldn't do the show only about 1/28th of the people who saw this would know about it.

Dont know what I would have said had it been a guy from a lumber mill. It wasnt. And no we dont know what his intentions were but thats the beauty of opinion. You dont have to believe my opinion is right.

And yes he has a very valid point.

weezyscobra

sick with it
Established Member
Hey now! Im just driving this untill I save up for a 10 year old GT with a body kit. Give me time. Ill be a 15 second street sweeper in due time.

;-)

nice one.. :loser: did Dad hand you the Termi along with the business as well? "git er done"

Last edited:

Lankhoss

Established Member
Dude, Montel kicks ass....I love that guy. Always liked him, since the first time I saw him on TV. He is about the most sincere and "real" TV host that you will find anywhere.

JMD0346

Established Member
nice one.. :loser: did Dad hand you the Termi along with the business as well? "git er done"

Sweet edit. Did some research on me ey? Should I blow a load in a napkin and send it to you for DNA test? Or to chew on what ever your prference may be. I was running a business and buying Cobras when i was 20. So its not that big of a deal to me. How about you?

And yes my father started the business but developed cancer and was unable to continue to run it. Anything else you want to know you just ask pumpkin.

SuperG

Established Member
Yes, Montel was definitely right that the coverage over an actor was too much, but Fox news reports on the soldiers WAY more than any other news station, so I am not sure where some of you are coming from...

key

Established Member
I'm glad he did that but nothing is going to change without the American people demanding it.

Even in casual conversations at work everyone was talking about Heath.. I haven't heard anyone mention Iraq or the troop loss for a good two to three weeks.

Smacked_in_ATL

Stock!
Established Member
Well atleast someone sees it as I do. Maybe that means Im not crazy... as much. Im tired of the attitude some have about serving but I dont say ever say anything to them. The vast majority that Ive met dont act or feel this way. Atleast not on the outside.

Whats so bad is I agree with who ever his name is above. I just thought it wasnt the right place to do it. It seemed to cheapen it if that makes sense. Like he tricked them into letting him on so he could rant.

No one thinks they are better just because they served. I certainly don't. But what I do know is that is definitely gives you a different outlook on life in general, especially after serving in Iraq. You begin to understand how fortunate we are in the USA.

Your comments are silly to me. The military is one of the lowest paying jobs there is. Look at the risk vs. return, I dare you say people who served think they are the shit. You should be shipped off to Singapore and be caned.

NewKid

Aliens
Established Member
Dont know what I would have said had it been a guy from a lumber mill. It wasnt. And no we dont know what his intentions were but thats the beauty of opinion. You dont have to believe my opinion is right.

And yes he has a very valid point.

I wasn't saying your opinion was wrong, but I was pointing out the other end of your argument.:beer:

SVTBMG

Banned
whoa mate... you don't know that he killed himself. you are doing exactly what Fox News always does... which is speculate. until the reports are known... don't say things like that. i personally liked heath a lot... he's from the town where my dad is from.

not attacking you... if you choose to bash on him after the reports/autopsy is out... then feel free. until then... just let it be.

oh and yeah i enjoyed watching Montel put Fox News in their place... but I think he did it in the wrong way. he was told before being on the air that he was going to be questioned on the Heath Ledger story... yet he chose to do that on the air. i think he could've handled it much better. :nonono:

You want to know why I said he killed himeself????...because that is all we hear on these news programs. I think I made my point that news programs suck at getting the facts straight. They cause a dangerous level of speculation among the rest of society by doing so. You are the only one who picked up on my comment, so I guess you read them all. I do not think he purposely killed himself, but killed himself he did by not paying attention to what he was doing. See the real issue is these actors thinking there life is so horrible when if Heath spent a day in my shoes he would of crumbled like a little girl. He has been popular and over paid since he was just out of high school. He has never known hard times like I have. I do not care what anyone says about his life. I think we should be focusing more on the soldiers that are dying every day for this crap war Bush and his administration started and lied to us about being necessary to combat terrorism against us. IRAQ was never a threat to us or our way of life. Since those initial lies about WMD's being there have since been found out, and all his key people in his administration caught in bold face lies, we are still there doing what?

Heath was a good actor, but he was just an actor. We glorify the wrong people as a society, and it is sad.

rust0r

Established Member
I just re-watched it when looking over some of the discussion in this thread, the ****ed up thing about all that is that while Montel is talking about the troops dying, what does Fox go and do? They split screen it to play a scene from one of heaths movies, how insulting to Montel and the troops

50snake

Established Member
I have not thought highly of Montel, until I watched that video. Montel just put them in there place!

I agree. He had a very confident expressive way with his words, it's always good to see someone stand up against the media.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
First and foremost, kudos to Montel for having the moxi to do what he did, because he surely tipped the cart over when they realized Montel was driving. The video ended with a comment that they'd be back with more of Montel. What I'd like to know is what happened in the next segment. Was Montel there, or did they boot him? It took some guts to do what he did. He basically said, "enough is enough. Is it news, or entertainment?" And for that I applaud him!

I think in no way Montel made a fool out of himself. If anything, he admitted candidly that he was as guilty for not knowing more detail about those who died recently in Iraq. At least he was sincere. He could have easily written down some names to make himself look good. But he didn't. He said the industry is at fault. He is in that industry. He accepts the responsibility vs. making himself look like a hero.

Good job Montel!

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
First and foremost, kudos to Montel for having the moxi to do what he did, because he surely tipped the cart over when they realized Montel was driving. The video ended with a comment that they'd be back with more of Montel. What I'd like to know is what happened in the next segment. Was Montel there, or did they boot him? It took some guts to do what he did. He basically said, "enough is enough. Is it news, or entertainment?" And for that I applaud him!

I think in no way Montel made a fool out of himself. If anything, he admitted candidly that he was as guilty for not knowing more detail about those who died recently in Iraq. At least he was sincere. He could have easily written down some names to make himself look good. But he didn't. He said the industry is at fault. He is in that industry. He accepts the responsibility vs. making himself look like a hero.

Good job Montel!

redocmach1

Established Member
i really do not like montel, after watching his old shows... and this makes me think no more of him... i think he did this to promote himself...
and with the lean on fox's news i do watch it.
i support our troops 100%.

Users who are viewing this thread